• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Need some advice on jumping

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Hi, i had a pretty bad fentanyl habit and after a couple od's I decided enough was enough I stopped cold turkey from about a gram a day(dont know the actual amount of fentanyl) for about a week I couldn't move but the physical symptoms got better, although the real wd was just starting. I went clean for about a month. My family saw very clearly how bad my paws were and they along with a doctor convinced me to go on suboxon for the fear of relapse. I must say this is the worst decision I made. I started off at 8mg with basically no tolerance and being a addict I didnt complain, i was getting very high and for free as well off the suboxone.

Cut to about 8 months later I am on my third day of .5 mg. The only wd i ever felt was the jump from 2 to 1 mg and that was only some insomnia and some nasua in the morning. So far I am 3 days into .5 mg and I feel perfectly fine have not noticed any change. I would go as far as to say I feel better mentally, happier. One part I left out was for the suboxone treatment I came back home to where I was originally from, to minimize risk of relapse. This was my families idea and they agreed to send me money for anything I needed to help me get through this. They have been extremely supportive. But I just had enough of laying around all day and I needed to go back to Canada and resume my life so after my last visit with the doc and he gave me the prescription for .5mg for 2 weeks i booked a ticket back to canada. Now looking at it I have enough suboxone for 2 weeks for .5mg a day and I dont if he'll give me another script. I have a appointment with him 2 days before my flight. So my question is really what can I expect jumping of at .5mg and what advice would you guys give me to make the jump easier. I was thinking of going down to .25mg in a week and then staying in that for a week, then taking the remainder with me and just taking .25 when I really need it. Im gonna back to work as soon as I get back to help take my mind of any wd.

I'd go down to .25mg a week, that's what I went down to and successfully managed after several failed attempts at higher but still low doses. A lot of people jump at 2mg but that was unfathomable for me when I tried it. Bupe withdrawals are long, but relatively mild, comparatively. Getting as low as you possibly can is the best idea, and at those tiny doses you can pretty easily drop the dose every 7-10 days without too much upset. Don't even take it every day, see how long you can go in between doses, I used to only have to dose every second day. Some people are more sensitive to bupe and need to taper lower, usually the ones who were able to get from it to begin with, which not everyone can - Going onto bupe totally pushed my tolerance up too, because I liked that they were just getting me high lol.

From .5 or .25 I'm sure you can do it mate, tough it out for 3 days and you'll be surprised, such a small dose to jump from. Standard opiate withdrawal stuff, insomnia, nausea, diarrhea, sweats and shakes, aches and pains, dilated pupils, restless legs, runny eyes, etc, but all a lot milder. My detox kit was paracetamol, klonopin, telfast (nondrowsy antihistamine), doxylamine, metaclopramide, and lots of weed. Weed probably helped the most tbh. I also stocked up on crackers and frozen meals and cup 'o' soup and just ready easy food stuff before jumping, because you won't wanna even eat let alone cook but it makes you feel a lot better, non committal stuff was easier to just grab and get down. Good luck, you can do it!

0.5 mg jump will be rough. I would expect not to sleep for days. I would go as low as possible if you want the easiest WD, as small s you can cut the strip and still see it. Then dose every 36 hrs instead of 24, then every 48. etc.

hey there fellow canadian. i like you was on fent for a long time andes up on suboxone for a few years and finally and done with it. dont be afraid of the jump.its not as bad as your going to read and watch on videos you've tapered down fairly low. i just jumped from 1mg a day on monday and i've been laying around the house. i've been sleeping a few hours a night, got restless everything quite bad, no appetite whatsoever and very lethargic. i'm on day 3 it's quite amazing though how much better you feel every day. it feels like forever when your in the midst of it but you look back and remember how fast the time really goes by. my doc gave me clonidine for the withdrawals and i take extra strength diphenhydramine at night and the odd clonazepam if necessary. lots of hot showers will help with your muscle aches. i know if i can do it so can you. good luck if you ever need to talk when your going through this life changing time i'm a pm away!