• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need some advice, from those with methadone experince,

oh none taken lol, its been a hard few days to get this low, 4 norcos make me feel betteri guess still a lil sick but they did a hell of alot more than they did a week ago. My feelings for going on to methadon is so i cant take nething else for 21 days at least. Sorta time to get my head straight while feeling normal. Ive cold turkeyed so many times its not even funny. In this lasy year ive said that is and CTed about 3 times it never lasted more than 3 days.

I know my tolerance is much lower now last week i was at 80mg of oxy and 60 morphine. I keep putting the squeeze on every week. Only had this mdone idea till a few days ago i thought maybe it would help me stay cleanthis time.

Thats like me...I had/have my reservations about methadone but honestly, every time i've been on subs I always always get high, like bounce back and forth, methadone I feel a LOT better on, like I just feel stable, don't feel the need to get high.

I know for a fact I would be getting high if I was on suboxone, I purposely taper down low then get high, on methadone the cinic controls your dose. I plan to be on methadone and get myshit straight, stop heroin all together, then taper dwon on methadone and go on subs for like a month then off everything

you can't have somebody else go to the clinic and pick up your methadone for you. you have to drink the dose in front of the dispensing technician/RN every day except for when they give you a carry/takehome, and you still have to show up to the clinic to pick that up you can't send somebody else. that's just not how it works.

the clinics around here are 10 a day with a 100-150 "doc visit fee" i dont attend services there, but i have gotten to the point where instead of chasing down percs or tabs all day long i just buy 8-15 dones a week and try to keep myself on 15mg a day, dont neccasrily get high everyday but i also dont crave and search for meds all day either, and at my local spot they run you up to 80mg for blockade asap, and i figure if 15-20mgs a day will make me nod i dont need a 80 mg habit ya kno?

Well today i scored some shit to get me through. i have an appointment, also talked a friend into going, friday morning.

I am very scared of methadone, i told them i wanted the 21 day program im hoping ill be able to walk away from this with very little to no poain, and no crazy ass worse addiction to methadone.

Status i have taken 6 norcos and 4 percs today, i felt alright i guess i mean im not sick not hi just sore legs. To be quite honest i usually dont ever feel very good anymore thats why im sick of being on shit again..

Anyone who has a 21 day experince would be very helpfull!!

Also they told us we had to be sick when we come in abd not to use 24hrs before F that i was planing on using up until sleep and waking up sick as usuall and just going. This really gonna make a diffrence? I gotta get through work the night befoe.

I got on methadone maintenance last October... it's the best decision I've made and I've tried almost everything in me to stay clean (used buprenorphine, ended up shooting it, and have tried counseling and etc. to no avail.) I don't understand why people tend to bash methadone so much... it's a long-term treatment and if you're still looking to get high/think that methadone is just something that you can get on for a 'little while' and get off of it later no problem then think again. It's a long-term decision for a long-term goal: staying clean and getting your life back together. I don't plan to get off of MMT until I get my shit back together, which includes going back and doing well in school and finding a part-time job. People who get on methadone worried about getting off of it aren't going to succeed on methadone... also, people who want to still use/get high won't succeed on methadone either.

I suggest you get on MMT bro... well, it's a big decision but I personally think MMT would work better for you than a 21-day detox.

I dont know i thought about mmt for a bit then a taper but im scared of getting my ass into something worse. I cant even get the job i want if have to live my life around there hours.

I dont want to use anymore im fuked up though i dont know how to be happy without drugs even with drugs now. As i said ive been through a few medicated assited detoxes and long term outpatient about 6 years ago. Only been on for a year.

My hopes is methadone can keep me in a mood where i dont want to kill everyone or cry and make me comftorable not sick. Im also looking into some kind of counseling to talk about my problems and maybe get me something more legit than opiates to cope with life, something that isnt a huge stigma to the world and doesnt force me to drive an hour a day.

I just want to get out of my bed besides to work or score. i want the motivation to work on my car again i want money in my pocket. I want to feel like me, unfourtantely the love of my life started leaving me an heating on me about a year ago and thats where all this depression began, its something i have to come terms with. I cant take the up and downs of the drugs anymore either im so introverted and unhappy.

I dont know i thought about mmt for a bit then a taper but im scared of getting my ass into something worse. I cant even get the job i want if have to live my life around there hours.

I dont want to use anymore im fuked up though i dont know how to be happy without drugs even with drugs now. As i said ive been through a few medicated assited detoxes and long term outpatient about 6 years ago. Only been on for a year.

My hopes is methadone can keep me in a mood where i dont want to kill everyone or cry and make me comftorable not sick. Im also looking into some kind of counseling to talk about my problems and maybe get me something more legit than opiates to cope with life, something that isnt a huge stigma to the world and doesnt force me to drive an hour a day.

Yeah.. MMT is not a thing where you can just half-ass it... you have to put 100% effort into it for it to work. If you don't know how to be happy without drugs then MMT might be helpful for you, although you would probably benefit from CBT and other forms of psychotherapy along with the pharmacotherapy of MMT.

Methadone will keep you in a good mood all day long once you get stabilized on a dose that holds you for 24 hours and removes your cravings. It might put you in a position where you aren't bogged down by your addiction anymore, thereby allowing you to plan out your future without as much stress.

If you're dead-set on a detox instead of maintenance, I suggest buprenorphine instead of methadone for detox.

I just want to get out of my bed besides to work or score. i want the motivation to work on my car again i want money in my pocket. I want to feel like me, unfourtantely the love of my life started leaving me an heating on me about a year ago and thats where all this depression began, its something i have to come terms with. I cant take the up and downs of the drugs anymore either im so introverted and unhappy.

Ever since I've stabilized on methadone I honestly feel like how I felt before I used drugs/opioids. It's insanely amazing.

i wanted subs unfourtantely i dont have insurance and they told me its 55o to get on the plan vs 75 for meth... i dont have 550..

Idk what i want just to feel normal other than those 45 minutes when pills do something nemore.

Ever since I've stabilized on methadone I honestly feel like how I felt before I used drugs/opioids. It's insanely amazing.
i'm actually thinking of going back to methadone because it works a lot better in that regard

however, it never lasts me all day which is a huge problem, and the cost is so much higher (i have insurance)

hydromorphone needs to be OTC plz

SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN ON BOTH PROGRAMS.....
Okay methadone is $85 a week, IF you pay in advance for the whole week. Otherwise if you pay daily it will cost you like three more dollars a day. The pros about methadone, it will help you stay clean, thats about it. The cons, you have to go in EVERY DAY and it takes A LONG TIME to get take home privileges, methadone is very hard to get off and there is a good chance that you will have to stay on it for a very very long time(w/d can last MONTHS), you still get a high from it, its very hard on your body I dont care what they tell you, and many other reasons.
Suboxone is about $6 a day a week costs me $45 dollars. The pros, I only have to go in once a week as of now because I just started and that will reduce to twice a month in a week after only two weeks, you cannot get high on it, it's not hard to get off (w/d will last a week or two and will be manageable), it's not hard on your body like methadone. The cons, it tastes kinda bad.
Basically with Suboxone there is a light at the end of the tunnel being on both I strongly believe that methadone is for heroin IV users and its just good that they arent shooting up so whats methadone ya know? Trust me suboxone is the route your seeking buddy. I feel like I used to now, my life has been so much better since and I know that I can get off because I don't get high from it i just feel normal, methadone was just a crutch till I relapsed till I got off. I hope I helped in some way and if you have anymore questions let me know and we can exchange contacts.

SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN ON BOTH PROGRAMS.....
Okay methadone is $85 a week, IF you pay in advance for the whole week. Otherwise if you pay daily it will cost you like three more dollars a day. The pros about methadone, it will help you stay clean, thats about it. The cons, you have to go in EVERY DAY and it takes A LONG TIME to get take home privileges, methadone is very hard to get off and there is a good chance that you will have to stay on it for a very very long time(w/d can last MONTHS), you still get a high from it, its very hard on your body I dont care what they tell you, and many other reasons.
Suboxone is about $6 a day a week costs me $45 dollars. The pros, I only have to go in once a week as of now because I just started and that will reduce to twice a month in a week after only two weeks, you cannot get high on it, it's not hard to get off (w/d will last a week or two and will be manageable), it's not hard on your body like methadone. The cons, it tastes kinda bad.
Basically with Suboxone there is a light at the end of the tunnel being on both I strongly believe that methadone is for heroin IV users and its just good that they arent shooting up so whats methadone ya know? Trust me suboxone is the route your seeking buddy. I feel like I used to now, my life has been so much better since and I know that I can get off because I don't get high from it i just feel normal, methadone was just a crutch till I relapsed till I got off. I hope I helped in some way and if you have anymore questions let me know and we can exchange contacts.
How is methadone hard on the body? In higher doses it can cause torsades de pointes/prolonged QT interval but this is not very common and shouldn't be an issue for most on MMT. Methadone is far from being 'hard on the body' though... what are you talking about?

Methadone isn't harder to get off than buprenorphine; I'd say they're about equally hard to get off of. I think the majority of people who get on methadone and bash it aren't ready to get clean and keep thinking that they can only stay on methadone for a short amount of time and get off of it without having their addiction come back in full force... it doesn't work that way, you have to treat your addiction constantly with maintenance otherwise your cravings will come back (along with PAWS and many other issues.) The fact that you relapsed and were using other drugs when on methadone shows that you didn't put the effort into making methadone work for you and that's why you had problems with it.

The majority of addicts who get on methadone are uneducated about MMT for some reason and expect it to be a short-term fix or something... it doesn't work that way.

On subutex (buprenorphine) I barely had any craving control if at all and ended up shooting the pills. When I stopped taking buprenorphine the withdrawals were horrible and so I ended up relapsing on morphine harder than ever (went back up to taking 1.5grams of morphine sulphate a day (orally).) I've never had any cravings after stabilizing on methadone and it's be an amazing tool in addiction recovery for me.

The fact is, addiction is usually unfortunately a life-long problem and cravings will sadly last for a life time. There's no magic cure that will take everything away and put you back to the state you were in pre-drugs unfortunately. Methadone is at least a treatment to use to help reduce cravings and live a normal life.. it's a useful tool. What a lot of addicts don't understand is that methadone is used to treat ADDICTION, and ADDICTION is a LIFELONG problem... that means that if you decide to stop taking methadone, guess what? You'll most likely end up relapsing and being unstable... why? Because addiction is life-long and being on methadone helps control your addictive behavior; thereby when getting off of methadone your addictive behaviors come back full force. Make sense?

I honestly don't understand why so many people are in a rush/want to get off of methadone. What's the point? Unless you have financial issues, why would you want to get off of a treatment that's helping you out? Unless you want to be worse off again.... With addiction, you're sadly fucked for life. You'll never be 'normal' off of methadone; what will happen is you'll be a relapsing addict again... so people shouldn't expect that getting off methadone will be 'better' for them, it usually won't be.

Last edited:
another methadone basher ;/

i dont know what your talking about with pros and cons "methadone makes you high" "suboxone doesnt." it varies person to person..you can't make blanket statements like that

I never felt high one day on my methadone treatment. Same with suboxone... only on methadone I feel STABLE I don't constantly think about using every second of the day. I am mentally stable.

Also, I dunno what the above poster is talking about why would the clinic cost 85 a week if you pay in advance or 3 a day if you pay daily...uhhh i'll just pay daily for 1/4 the cost at 21 a week???

You are just bashing meth saying it's hard on the body ..."and many other reason" lol back some of your statements up man.

Also...if you think suboxone withdrawals last about a week..WAKE THE FUCK UP, take a few minutes to read this message board lol you are in for quite a ride

^ the clinics do charge extra if you don't pay for the whole week in advance and have to pay-per-day

you never got high on methadone because your tolerance was high enough. most would get high on methadone initially, if switching to a sufficient dose, because of cross tolerance. this is also true of suboxone, but for many less people it seems from the forum. of course, if you've no tolerance a very small fraction of a subox pill will make you puke

>>How is methadone hard on the body>>

this is junky parlance for "this drug tends to cause opiate side effects more than other opiates for me personally/individually but i am saying this as a general fact anyway"

^ the clinics do charge extra if you don't pay for the whole week in advance and have to pay-per-day

you never got high on methadone because your tolerance was high enough. most would get high on methadone initially, if switching to a sufficient dose, because of cross tolerance. this is also true of suboxone, but for many less people it seems from the forum. of course, if you've no tolerance a very small fraction of a subox pill will make you puke

>>How is methadone hard on the body>>

this is junky parlance for "this drug tends to cause opiate side effects more than other opiates for me personally/individually but i am saying this as a general fact anyway"

Yeah thats what I would think...it would be more expensive if you pay daily as opposed to paying the week in advance which would be cheaper

But according to the above poster- it's $85 a week or $3 a day if you pay daily...so by paying daily you are paying $21 a week, less than 1/4 the cost of paying in advance.

I DOUBT it's like that.

he meant 3$ MORE a day :)

it's 2 more here iirc

he meant 3$ MORE a day :)

it's 2 more here iirc

oh lol yeah i'm slow...that def clears it up.

I don't think they give you the option to pay daily at my clinic, but it's 50 weekly. I see a LOT of people there for free on medicaide.

on a side note, i know meth doctors frown upon opiates... but the doc at my clinic does give people scripts (not sure of what). Do you think they would give any kind of benzo for sleeping?

If you are indeed worried about the cost of this medication, and you don't want to be forced to be up at 6am to feed the beast, perhaps you should ask your PCP or other pain-related doctor to prescribe you methadone. I have done that with my PCP after breaking down one day and telling him about all my doctor-shopping and ridiculous scams to get drugs/money for drugs. He felt as though he could very much mitigate the damage I was doing to myself and the people around me as well as society by putting my on methadone at 90mg to start which went up to 120mg fairly fast.

For the first couple months he had me on a pick-up every month which as you know every addict would burn through given the chance in about a week, so I asked him to cut me down to a pick-up every 2 weeks which has worked so far perfectly. Its about $5 twice a month and that is an order of magnitude less than oxycodone or MS contins I was ripping off of people. While I don't feel 100% I feel much much more secure about my direction in life now. I suggest you at least try something the same, or perhaps even suboxone therapy?

Insurance/Money

I would bet at least after the second or third month that you would be able to get a pick-up of 2-weeks to a month's worth of methadone very cheap even after you consider the cost for a doctor's appointment. My 10mg tablets of methadone are like $48 for 154x10mg every single pick-up not including insurance, which would be the cheapest bet I would guess?