• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need some advice, from those with methadone experince,

x_fizzler

Bluelighter
Ok so i found out there is a semi local methadone clinic. The web site says they also disperse subs which is what im really looking into i think.

Anyways i am pretty broke thanks to about a 100 dollar a day habbit. Ive been trying to taper and do a very good job but sometimes i say fuck it and get hi. Which always puts me back to square one. I dont have a habbit big enough to go roaming the streets and shit and have pretty good connects which i never burn so i get fronts very easily.

My day usually starts at bed time lol. I pop one or two ms contins so i wake up in a bearable state physically. If i dont have some time release pills i wake up throw down some perc 10s or roxycets then go back to sleepfor an hour so i wake up semi normal. Then throughout the rest of the day i probably take 90 mgs of morphine and about 50mgs of oxycodone with a few vics here and there, im at a point where even 3 or 4 norcos wont make the sickness completely disappear i still have RLS.

I desperately want to get clean i was clean for 6 years went through rehab a few times moved my location, and pretty much used a detox center for two weeks too get of duragesic 5s and and an oxy iv habbit. Im nowhere near that bad this time but my bigne has been a year straight pretty uniform to what i stated above. Im afraid to cold turkey not from the acute WD but becuase i have other problems ive never dealt with and thats why i started using again (my stort is in darkside) .

Im thinking something like methadone or sub may help me alot becuase ill be able to function like a normal human and not be sick, but i wont be hi and running from my problems. Then i will tapper from the meth/subd and deal with the physicall parts. Sort of a one step at a time. Last time i did this i had alot of love and support this time i have none and thats why i belive i go back on using that and lack of self esteem and major depression.

So hows meth/sub clinic work? I have no insurance and baiscally no money... im under the assumption its about 10 dollars a day?? You just go pick up your fix every day? Do they force you to go to NA? Becuase thats not a huge option in my life i feel like the very little people in my life would turn there back on me if they new i was using again, plus NA didnt do a damn thing for me last time... after outpatient rehab i went to two meetings and went on sober for 6 years till i had what felt like an earth shattering emotional break down.

The other thing is i quit a career before i started using to do something else and im at a shitee middle job right now. I think if i had a real job my life would be 1000x better but im scared if i apply anywhere meth or sub will show up in my piss and they wont higher me even if its legit becuase of the stigma.....

I despretaley need to get one step more twords a sober life i need money in my pockets again i need to be able to get a job without the stress of getting sick, hell my WDs start 4 hrs after a dose unless im just taking alot of mscontins not chewed up.

Any advice would be nice :) hopefully this wont get merged into the methadone megathread and confuse me also would like it to stand out for a while i really need some help in recovering.

Im thinking something like methadone or sub may help me alot becuase ill be able to function like a normal human and not be sick, but i wont be hi and running from my problems. Then i will tapper from the meth/subd and deal with the physicall parts
methadone will be a lot cheaper. 100 a DAY? 36,500 a year? that's around the median income lol. well the methadone clinc should be around 80 per WEEK (+ gas&time to&there) no matter what dose you're on. given your physical issues, they should have no problem having you on a dose high enough to cover you. in fact, they seem to have no problem having pretty much anyone on high doses at all lol

they usually require once a week counseling session, which isn't too bad and sounds like you probably realize you could use a little. good luck. at my clinic some people came from 3 hours out, sorta nuts but if getting clean is a big enough priority than it makes sense. the only 2 possible problems are 1) not even 200 or 300 mg holds you (very doubtful) or 2) the side effects (after an initial 2 months to adjust to the drug) are bad in your particular reaction to the drug

repeat what i said for suboxone. just replace 200-300mg with 32mg. now that i think about it, since suboxone has a ceiling dose of 32mg because it's not a "full agonist", it may not get you to where you need to be if your habit is large enough. you may have to choose methadone

i don't think clinics take insurance. maybe they do in some states

qwe he said he has a 100$ a day habit, and thinks the methadone clinic will be around 10$ a day. Btw OP with your habit I'd try out the Subs before Methadone, their easier to get off and more convenient (you get a script, no clinic visit everyday). Just my 2 cents though.

qwe he said he has a 100$ a day habit, and thinks the methadone clinic will be around 10$ a day. Btw OP with your habit I'd try out the Subs before Methadone, their easier to get off and more convenient (you get a script, no clinic visit everyday). Just my 2 cents though.

I have to agree. While methadone is (for me) a much better choice, I just can't do the day to day clinic trip any more. Subo's work (after a few days) and most Doc's will give you a month's supply after you've shown clean for a month or two. The only problem for me is I still crave hard on subs while not so much on doan.

10 a day is def on the way high end for a meth clinic...more like 5 a day unless you are including bus fare or something.

every clinic i checked is $50 a week

well what does it cost straight up? Do they charge by week, day, or what? Secondly noone really answered my question about getting a new job does methadone really effect that?

I have no problem kicking with some immdium and lortabs, i can take it physically.. and i have access to enough other shit benzos blood pressure med darvs vic whatever to get through it. Im just scared becuase 3 days after detox i always end up right back to where i was.

And yes at my tolerance level i has hoping to start a sub tappering program. But i also thought about doing maintence for a little while im not sure what the right step for me is.

I have read that you are protected under some act (someone care to add this information?) and someone under maintenence whether its methadone or suboxone for opiate addiction cannot be denied a job based on that. And you could actually take them to court if they discriminate based on that.

And the methadone clinics I checked with before I started wanted 150 up front which paid for the first 3 weeks (or a month..dont remember) and then $50 a week thereafter.

I have been on sub programs and I was never able to get some clean time...i mean not much more than a month or so. They helped my cravins a little but i still wanted to get high all the time, and it's so easy to get high when your on subs you just skip a dose. Methadone is new for me but has been contolling my cravings a lot more..its a trade off becuase you have to be chained to the clinic as apposed to dosing your self, but methadone is a full agonist and I feel a LOT mor ementally stable on it

x_fizzler, every methadone clinic is different - they all charge different amounts. Maybe you are eligible for a sliding scale rate; check with the clinic. I'd urge you to get on the Suboxone if you can. If not try for the methadone. If you can afford $100/day to get high on pills you can afford MMT.

yeah i mean i realize a lot of people were hustling obviously to afford their dope habit but i don't think it's that hard to raise $5 every 24 hours LEGALLY.

Plus when you think about it, $5 a day isn't too bad considering thats the cost regardless of your dose so you could be getting 80mg methadone a day or 180mg a day for the same price.

^ oh yeah you could easily make $5 in a day holding a sign that says like "im broke please help" or whatever . they call it "flying a sign" here. people make a lot more than actually in downtown Seattle on the weekends with all the tourists flooding the streets.

So i called the clinic today and they told me i cant get an appointment till friday. kind of sucks they subs cost 550 to get on while methadone is is only 75.

They told me they have a maintence program, a 21 day program and a 180 day program. Has anyone here done the 21 day program? Is it like a real man it up type of deal am i going to feel like shit the whole time and would be better doing the 180 day program?

Also there hours for pickup really suck and will interfere with the job i want to get do some clinics work with you to pick things up when you can or let a trusted person pick it up for you?

10 a day is def on the way high end for a meth clinic...more like 5 a day unless you are including bus fare or something.

every clinic i checked is $50 a week
well just say so then. that's good news. the ones around here are closer to 100 (i should know...)

So i called the clinic today and they told me i cant get an appointment till friday. kind of sucks they subs cost 550 to get on while methadone is is only 75.

They told me they have a maintence program, a 21 day program and a 180 day program. Has anyone here done the 21 day program? Is it like a real man it up type of deal am i going to feel like shit the whole time and would be better doing the 180 day program?

Also there hours for pickup really suck and will interfere with the job i want to get do some clinics work with you to pick things up when you can or let a trusted person pick it up for you?

I am new but the clinic I am in has a picture id and they are mad strict I dont think you could get away with someone else picking your meds up. They want to see you drink it right in front of them.

Most of the clinics I checked with have early hours like 6-10 and 12-2 or something but honestly if you can squeeze it in, it's so quick after your first day, usually I am in and out within 1-2 minutes it is surprisingly quick.

I tell them my name, sign this digital signature thing,, then I walk up to the window. They give me a little glass with the red liquid in it (methadone), usually tell me how many mg is it, and give me a 2nd small 6oz glass that is full of freshingly cold water. They want you to say something after you drink it to prove you swallowed it then you walk away.

All and all its really quick

I am curious about the 21 day program too..

Also, how do clinics operate, if you are testing positive for weed do they take away your take-homes?

Ya well the problem is this job may require me to be on call at some points. have to be at work at 2am or something so ill be screwed to get my dose. The other problem is the clinic is about 20 miles from my house and the town i work in and will work in if i get this job is 20 miles from my house the opposite direction..

IDK wtf to do i want to get off pills im sick of it. LLike i said my storys in the darkside and i have a huge hole to fill thats why i started using. My thought was methadone could help me get up in the mornings not sick and get use to living life not hi again and then start doing a painless tapper from there. but the more iread up on it the more im scared plus it seems to me like clinics are bs. One article i read said the meth will only last at 12 hours at first and when you conplain its not lasting 24hrs they just up your dose wich could be avoidedif they would just dose you 15 to 20 mgs twice a day when you first start.

I really wish subs werent so much, also with the meth it seems like ill be paying 0 bucks a day 10 at the clinic and 20 in gas which sucks ass. Ive been tappering like i said today 4 norcos and 1 darv has made me kinda hi feeling even so that less than 30 dollars a day. My problem is i cant ever find the right dosage where i feel 100% normal and not hi, either i have a tad bit of RLS wich i hate or i have a tad bit of euphoria which i know isnt good for me

to the op: good luck with the methadone! i got on mmt a few months ago and it's made a significant difference in my situation, it's a LOT cheaper than buying opiates on the street every day, and it does change your priorities-i.e. when you know you are not going to wake up sick, you can think about other things in your life.

i am not covered by any insurance, etc, and when i first started mmt the clinic in my city poured for me for a few weeks, until i was able to make a payment. i now pay about $9/day, but i know they are charging me on a sliding scale because i don't make a lot of money.

it's annoying having to come in to the clinic daily (or every day except for sunday, as it is at the clinic here), that can't be avoided. my clinic was only open for dispensing between 8 and 11 a.m., and i had a really hard time getting there every day, so they agreed to transfer me to an outside pharmacy where i can go anytime during the day. however, if you have clean urine tests, you can start "earning" carry doses for some days of the week, which obviously make things easier.

the daily thing can be a problem if you have, or are planning on getting, a job with typical 9-5 hours. i had to completely stop taking morning shifts at my jobs until i was transferred to a pharmacy...which sucked.

every clinic is different for what they test for (i.e. mine doesn't test for weed, bc they say "there are worse things to worry about", lol). typically they test for coke, benzos, amphetamines and opiates. they are usually death on you using any kinda benzos while you're on mmt, and they will send letters to any doctors you see regularly, telling them that you are on methadone and not to prescribe opiates/benzos for you.

One article i read said the meth will only last at 12 hours at first and when you conplain its not lasting 24hrs they just up your dose wich could be avoidedif they would just dose you 15 to 20 mgs twice a day when you first start.
that isn't an article it's one of my posts :) for most people, it does last all day. i used a lot of tagamet to alter my liver enzymes when i was using morphine, and it caused downregulation of the enzymes. short story, i metabolize the opiates really fast, and clinics are anal about twice-a-day dosing

95% probabilty you'll be fine with once a day dosing

Thanks for the help guys. Me and a buddy of mine have decided to go get appointments on friday for the 21 day program.

Im really curious if anyone has tried it cant find any personal accounts online. I guess im afraid of being more sick after the 21 day program than i am now. I have currently been busting ass to taper only used four norcos and alot of kpin yesterday today i plan on going cold turkey. I have to work tommrowMy goal is to get sober and get those 21 days of living a more adjusted life without having to score or hustle od drugs be a priority but if im feelin like ass after day 21 im afraid ill just keep scoring or be back at the clinic

Thanks for the help guys. Me and a buddy of mine have decided to go get appointments on friday for the 21 day program.

Im really curious if anyone has tried it cant find any personal accounts online. I guess im afraid of being more sick after the 21 day program than i am now. I have currently been busting ass to taper only used four norcos and alot of kpin yesterday today i plan on going cold turkey. I have to work tommrowMy goal is to get sober and get those 21 days of living a more adjusted life without having to score or hustle od drugs be a priority but if im feelin like ass after day 21 im afraid ill just keep scoring or be back at the clinic

no offense but if you are getting high off four norcos you might want to consider alternatives to methadone... you could probably ct now and feel better than going on methadone for 3 weeks and ct'ing since you already tapered so low.