• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Need recipes to help mask the taste of alcohol?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I like drinking Smirnoff 50% volume.

I get a pretty good buzz after drinking like 7 shots

But every time I drink them I feel like I'm about to throw up and it feels like I'm pouring burning acid onto my stomach.

Don't get me wrong I love this stuff

-------------------

Anyone got some home made recipes, something I can buy at the store that can help me mask the taste of it?

Let me know guys

There’s no way to make Smirnoff good. It’s cheap stuff with a nasty hangover from my experience. Gotta get something of quality.

-GC
So your telling me theres more expensive alcohol that doesn't give you a hang over if you pay a little bit more money? What kind?

I'm willing to invest

So your telling me theres more expensive alcohol that doesn't give you a hang over if you pay a little bit more money? What kind?

I'm willing to invest
Invest in a charcoal filter and run the cheap shit through it. You can go even with the absolute bottom of the shelf doing this, actually.

But really, fuck alcohol. Shit ruined my life and I've been addicted to heroin, fucked with the hard, shot ketamine daily and did all sorts of shit but when I started hitting the booze, and I started doing it like you are, I absolutely destroyed myself and everything I held dear. Alcohol is a very effective "solvent" for misery and boredom but also dissolves all good aspects of your personality eventually.

Yes, there’s plenty more high grade alcohol that’s also lots more expensive.

As a rule of thumb, I’ve found that if you are in the alcohol section of your store, the stuff on the lowest shelf will have you feeling worse in the morning.

When I was drinking Patron Silver, with a Diet 7Up chaser, I never felt bad in the morning. Jose Cuervo + cheap boxed Chardonnay has me shaking the next morning.

I'm willing to invest

Not really. High grade or even lab grade etoh will get you just as sick.

I disagree, purity of ethanol definitely effects hangover. Sure pure ethanol can have you feeling like shit eventually too but only if you drink large amounts.

I do believe some people are more sensitive to these impurities than others though. I remember the hangovers from fleschmanns vodka and cheap bear/malt liquor being brutal. Nowadays I can’t even have one sip of low grade alcohol.

I'm willing to invest

I just stick with Jameson Whiskey, it’s probably far from the best but it’s reliably clean and available in most places.

Activated charcoal won’t clean up shit alcohol to a point where it will be better than higher quality liquor.

These days I only drink Jameson or my own.

I plan on making some of the purest alcohol I’ve ever tried soon. Typical sugar mash, a stripping run distillation. 2 focused distillations to obtain the best fractions. Bubble ozone through the solution, stir/heat with activated charcoal followed by one final distillation.

The above process is about as pure as the home distiller can make it. Well maybe 1-2 more distillations could help..

I can honestly say highly pure moonshine made from many distillations (I’ve tried the above process except no ozone) has a noticeably less hangover even compared to booze like Jameson.

Someone here may have better suggestions on clean alcohol because while Jameson is a clean whiskey it’s technically still got impurities which make it worse than if you can find a clean vodka (of which I’ve yet to find, even the more expensive shit gets me feeling nasty.)

-GC

I disagree, purity of ethanol definitely effects hangover. Sure pure ethanol can have you feeling like shit eventually too but only if you drink large amounts.

I do believe some people are more sensitive to these impurities than others though. I remember the hangovers from fleschmanns vodka and cheap bear/malt liquor being brutal. Nowadays I can’t even have one sip of low grade alcohol.

I just stick with Jameson Whiskey, it’s probably far from the best but it’s reliably clean and available in most places.

Activated charcoal won’t clean up shit alcohol to a point where it will be better than higher quality liquor.

These days I only drink Jameson or my own.

I plan on making some of the purest alcohol I’ve ever tried soon. Typical sugar mash, a stripping run distillation. 2 focused distillations to obtain the best fractions. Bubble ozone through the solution, stir/heat with activated charcoal followed by one final distillation.

The above process is about as pure as the home distiller can make it. Well maybe 1-2 more distillations could help..

I can honestly say highly pure moonshine made from many distillations (I’ve tried the above process except no ozone) has a noticeably less hangover even compared to booze like Jameson.

Someone here may have better suggestions on clean alcohol because while Jameson is a clean whiskey it’s technically still got impurities which make it worse than if you can find a clean vodka (of which I’ve yet to find, even the more expensive shit gets me feeling nasty.)

-GC

From my experience lab grade ethanol feels pretty indistinguishable from say Smirnoff or Tanqueray (though the former might be a bit rougher) at equivalent doses. Terrible stuff, like this one gin I bought called "Bankers Choice" haha feels different and inferior.

I've had a lot of lab grade alcohol and it seems to clear alcohol.

The question is, when it comes to clear alcohol, what does the additional distillation remove? Congeners?

My mistake, it was called "Bankers Club".

Though incorrect, my version was funnier: Bankers Choice. That stuff was pretty rough, wonder how much methanol was in that bad boy...

I drink Svedka and decaf Pepsi. Sounds strange but it works, if you don’t mind something a bit sweet. It does mask the taste, although vodka really doesn’t have much of a taste anyway.

From my experience lab grade ethanol feels pretty indistinguishable from say Smirnoff or Tanqueray (though the former might be a bit rougher) at equivalent doses. Terrible stuff, like this one gin I bought called "Bankers Choice" haha feels different and inferior.

The question is, when it comes to clear alcohol, what does the additional distillation remove? Congeners?

Supposedly yes I think, also I've read that barrel aging acts to filter liquor removing traces of other alcohols.

In my experience I would definitely recommend a quality bourbon, scotch or well distilled vodka over anything on the bottom shelf when it comes to hangovers, it's certainly worth it in my opinion although it doesn't mean you won't still get a hangover. I've seen people try to claim hangovers are caused by things like dehydration and congeners and stuff and this is not true, the alcohol itself will cause a hangover even if you stay hydrated and get very pure alcohol. However, dehydration and impure alcohol will make feel you worse so it's definitely worth staying hydrated and avoiding very cheap drinks.

Yup, and from my reading it can take quite a few distillations to clean it up good. (To get it completely pure though takes more than distillation.)

Everything I’ve read about lab grade is that it isn’t good for drinking and still contains appreciable amounts of methanol according to some sources. Whether that’s true or not I doubt they care whether trace impurities are left which effect the overall feel of it.

That said I haven’t had lab grade myself so can’t speak on it’s behalf.

@negrogesic you are a special breed too, I’ve “watched” you put down some pretty heroic dosages. I could see a difference in alcohol effects and hangovers going unnoticed with you ;)

I do think everyone reacts different too. As well as getting a tolerance to the impurities over time.

Supposedly yes I think, also I've read that barrel aging acts to filter liquor removing traces of other alcohols.

In my experience I would definitely recommend a quality bourbon, scotch or well distilled vodka over anything on the bottom shelf when it comes to hangovers, it's certainly worth it in my opinion although it doesn't mean you won't still get a hangover. I've seen people try to claim hangovers are caused by things like dehydration and congeners and stuff and this is not true, the alcohol itself will cause a hangover even if you stay hydrated and get very pure alcohol. However, dehydration and impure alcohol will make feel you worse so it's definitely worth staying hydrated and avoiding very cheap drinks.

Ahh!!! This would make sense as to why good whisky does me right but I’ve yet to find a good vodka that doesn’t give me a brutal hangover.

The barrels probably act similar to activated charcoal in that they pick up leftover congeners.

I learned something :)

-GC

Interesting... If I want to get drunk I usually go for decent quality vodka because it's the cleanest alcohol, though tequila works too.
Dark liquors have much more stuff in them, which sometimes gives me a dirty feeling. I definitely avoid alcohols like whiskey, brandy, dark rum or gin if I'm planning on drinking a lot. I only drink those in moderation.

For me the cleanest alcohol experience involves vodka or tequila either straight or mixed with a slice of lemon (or real lemon juice) and perhaps some carbonated water. I avoid mixing it with sugary drinks because they make the hangover worse. Also caffeinated sodas will potentiate the diuretic effect (=more dehydration).

Though the absolute worst one (if the objective is to get drunk) is red wine, extremely dirty and should only be drinked for the taste IMO.

Edit: oh and if you want to mask the taste and the smell then try drinking a bloody mary. I think that's pretty much the only reason why it was invented

Last edited:
Anyone here who drinks vodka that can recommend a quality one?

-GC

Anyone here who drinks vodka that can recommend a quality one?

-GC
There's a reeeeally nice one called smirnoff, you may have heard of it...
Just kidding !

Russian and Polish brands are usually pretty decent IME. Stuff like Sobieski, Svedka, Beluga, Russian standard, etc... Or even some absolut vodka, depending on what you're looking for.
But I don't drink it like I used to a couple of years ago, and I actually haven't bought vodka in awhile so I'm not the best person to ask.
I personally wouldn't spend too much on vodka though, if I wanted to buy somewhat expensive alcohol I'd rather get some nice whiskey, rum, cognac or something along those lines. Or a nice bottle of wine for a special occasion, but it's an entirely different experience.
Also, high end tequila is actually pretty amazing but I'd never spend that much money on any kind of alcohol (I'd rather buy other drugs).

The last one I bought was Zubrowka which contains bison grass. Used it to make some amazing vodka mojitos. But it may be unsafe to drink in large amounts since it contains comarins IIRC.

Last edited:
There's a reeeeally nice one called smirnoff, you may have heard of it...
Just kidding !

Russian and Polish brands are usually pretty decent IME. Stuff like Sobieski, Svedka, Beluga, Russian standard, etc... Or even some absolut vodka, depending on what you're looking for.
But I don't drink it like I used to a couple of years ago, and I actually haven't bought vodka in awhile so I'm not the best person to ask.
I personally wouldn't spend too much on vodka though, if I wanted to buy somewhat expensive alcohol I'd rather get some nice whiskey, rum, cognac or something along those lines. Or a nice bottle of wine for a special occasion, but it's an entirely different experience.
Also, high end tequila is actually pretty amazing but I'd never spend that much money on any kind of alcohol (I'd rather buy other drugs).

I’ve tried Svedka and Absolut. Absolut I tried for a bit but then I get a bad bottle one time that put me off from it. (That last bottle had a fishy scent that was so bad I threw it out, but it seemed like coulda been a one off bad batch.)

The only clear booze that seems to work for me is moonshine.

Completely agree on the Tequila comment, good Tequila’s can really surprise you. I wish I could remember some of the good brands I used to drink but ya know...

I had one night where Tequila actually got me out of a whole lot trouble, ever heard someone start a story like that?

Me and my friends had been drinking all day, and I mean ALL day from the minute we woke up. We were running out of booze so decided to head to my house and kill a bunch of my parents half empty bottles.

While we were there I downed a good 6-7 shots in quick succession and then we were off to do our usual misdeeds. On the ride all that Tequila finally had enough and decided it wanted out, but we were in one of those old Astro vans where the windows only open like an inch.

I pressed my face against that glass and tried puking out the little inch opening only to have it go everywhere inside and outside the van lol.

My friends cleaned me and dropped me off at home then went back out and within 15mins of dropping me off they all got arrested for various things.

The Tequila angel had my back that night ;)

-GC