• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin need opinions

crazyredneck

Greenlighter
hi swim recently ived oral liquid morphine with no sugar and alcohol or additives. I think I missed a little I did it in my pit. right below where I hit on my forearm there's a single red line about an inch long then on the back of my arm on my triceps I have welts. im a 3yr heroin addict but never seen a red line on me from iv and the welts usually appear on the injection site. is the line something serious or should I just not worry about it.

Go see a doctor immediately. You injected a morphine oral solution that was not meant for IV use. Obviously something bad is happening in your body so get medical help.

^ this

oral solutions are far too viscous to be ("safely") injected intravenously
and a fyi we don't use SWIM here - we all know you're talking about yourself.

RED LINE as in a red streak headed toward your heart??? GO TO THE ER IMMEDIATELY. Those oral solution are definitely not meant to be IV'd and they are only meant for oral consumption and are only deemed safe and sanitary enough for that. Yes, GET TO THE HOSPITAL.

I would go to the hospital to be safe. But honestly to me this sounds like a simple histamine reaction from the morphine itself. I used to inject 400-600 mgs of morphine sulfate in one shot, and would often get red streaks up my veins and hives/welts on my arm quite a ways away from the injection site, (even got them on my chest)

In the future do not IV oral morphine solution though...if u must inject morphine attempt to locate IV/IM vials, or lacking that, at least use a solution made from tablets that has been micron filtered, that will be much better then oral liquid

What else was in the solution? If it was sugar and alcohol free like you said, was it like a morphine and water solution or what? If there was no sugars etc, the biggest problem would probably be it being "unsterile" for IV use.

I agree with OntarioGuy. Simple histamine reaction. Morphine is known for causing it.

Take some Benadryl. It should go away quickly.