• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need information on fentanyl and methadone please

FastMike5

Greenlighter
Hi There,

I take opana 30mg daily but recently got a few fentanyl patches and methadone at a great price.

Amazingly, in all my years I have never done fentanyl or methadone. even though I've done just about everything else (i.e. heroin, oxy, hydro, dilaudid, etc.)

So I have no idea how much or how to do this fentanyl or the methadone.

My question is how strong is a 50 mcg/hr fent patch compared to opana and methadone compared to opana. Also how should I do the patch? should I just put it on my skin, or chew it or something? And how much methadone should I take?

Any info is greatly appreciated. I usually post on Topix but I thought i'd give bluelight a try.

Thanks

-Mike

How do you take the Opana? The amount you are getting varies a lot depending on ROA, so we would need to know that in order to help figure out an equivalent dose of fentanyl or methadone.

The fentanyl patches are tricky since the dose represents how much is released per hour. It's extremely potent and not that euphoric IMO, so I avoid them. I'm not sure about dosages of fent patches, so no comment on that, but don't chew it at first because its easy to OD that way.

If you take the Opana orally then start with 15 mg of methadone and give it a few hours to gauge how it's effecting you. It takes a really long time to kick in, so you don't want to redose before the initial dose hits you. 30mg should be the highest dose you would need, but try 15mg first, and increase by 5mg an hour if you feel the need to. If you sniff your Opana then you may need more methadone then that, but you can use the same method and dosing as I just said. Do not take any other CNS depressants (benzos, alcohol, etc,) with methadone.

What I do is break the opanas in half and snort 15mg 4 times a day. I actually already put a fent patch on and to my disappointment I found out in my searching that it can take 8-24 hours to take full effect, so fingers crossed for when I wake up! I mean, i'm not high but I'm not sick either so it must at least be starting to work. I'm haveing a hard time getting it to stick to my skin. Is there a specific location where I should put the patch on?

Thanks -Mike

Take it off and wait until you find out answers before trying it. You don't want to fall asleep with it on you and never wake up. With fentanyl it's a fine line between feeling high, and dying. Keeping it on overnight is a bad idea if you have never tried it. Your best bet would be putting it on early in the morning.

Listen to Tommyboy, fentanyl is not something to be wreckless with. I'm going to move this over to OD.

Please do not mix methadone and fentanyl, that's like playing Russian Roulette with THREE bullets in the chamber.

If you've tried all the other opiates, trust me you're not missing out with fentanyl or methadone. They are awesome medications for pain and maintenance, but in terms of recreational value it is low because the dose/response curve is so steep that there is a VERY fine line between recreational dosing and enough to OD. Both provide much more sedation and respiratory depression than they do euphoria.

If you absolutely must abuse fentanyl, do not mix it with methadone, and start low (I would suggest no more than 12.5micrograms for the first time. The biggest problem is that you have no way of weighing such a small amount, without laboratory grade equipment Then you would slowly titrate your dose to where you want to be in increments of 12.5 micrograms. And then try to remember to breathe, I on fent I would catch myself holding my breath for longer than thirty seconds and not noticing it, with overwhelming sedation, and minimal cold euphoria. Everything about it feels synthetic, don't do it.

Honestly, both have zero recreational value. Methadone, at least is a potent analgesic and has a very solid role in the treatment of pain management, and it's potency, duration, half life, NMDA antagonist action, and no ceiling dose, and is highly effective for when a chronic pain patient needs to rotate medications, which usually will happen more than once in a CPPers life.

Methadone is also an incredible drug that is used for Methadone Maintenance Therapy, (usually after Buprenorphine Maintenance Therapy has failed or was not justified for another medical reason) and allows thousands of addicts to live a safer HR lifestyle (excluding those who abuse the system of course, of whom there are great numbers) by avoiding withdrawals so the addict in recovery can slowly transition to a healthier lifestyle, hopefully recovering and refraining from IV drug use.

The system is not perfect, by any means, as we all know, but they aim to re-integrate you back into society through mandatory psychotherapy (depending on the clinic) so that you can focus on getting a job, or go to school. Buprenorphine Maintenance Therapy works for some too, but everybody's different, which is why we're lucky to have methadone and buprenorphine. It's nothing like how certain progressive countries allow for heroin maintenance, morphine maintenance, doing trials with hydromorphone maintenance therapy, etc. But at least we have more than just methadone, which really should be the last resort. Methadone is one hardcore opiate, it is so silly to hear about people with a hydrocodone or oxycodone habit hopping straight on methadone...

IF IT WERE UP TO ME: I would say every addict would be treated with their DOC ( slowly titrating down with their dose administered in a supervised setting with fresh equipment). When I was getting off an insane high dose alprazolam addiction, the protocol diazepam, clonazepam, IV lorazepam etc, none if it worked except for a slow (over a year long) taper with alprazolam.

^This should not cost more than the daily dosing fee at a methadone clinic, all your equipment cost less than your daily dose.

Do not mix fentanyl with methadone unless you intend to, at the very least, feel very sick for a long time.

Methadone in and of itself is a ridiculously potent opiate drug and even 10mg of it could kill a naive individual. Fenatanyl is safe when used in incredibly small, carefully measured amounts, and administered in a clinical setting... abusing it in huge bolus doses, or even without a pre-existing large opiate tolerance, is asking for trouble.

Thanks for the info,

But you guys are misunderstanding me. I have no intention of taking both the methadone and the fentanyl at once. I already take my prescribed opana ER 30mg twice daily. I was just trying to get info on the two drugs. Also I am no stranger to high test opiates being a heroin addict for 6 years. I was able to finally quit heroin for good when I found opana. Something that I failed to do with norco, percocet, roxicodone, oxycodone, or even dilaudid.

I just happened across some fentanyl and methadone and wanted to know the best way to take them and how strong they are compared to the almighty opana (oxymorphone) I am prescribed.

As of current, I have the patch on and after about 9 hours don't seem to have noticed much (rather disappointing) But I hear it can take as much as 8-24 or even 48 hours to take full effect. I'm saving the methadone for another time. Remember I already am prescribed opana 30mg ER.

SO, if anyone has anymore great info like the best spot to put the patch or a better way to do the fent let me know. since I already know oral Bio availability is low i'm not gonna try to eat/chew it. lol. don't forget this is my first time on blue-light (usually im on topix) and wanted to see if anyone even cared to respond.

Have a great day!

-Mike

Well, i've had the patch on since about 3:00pm yesterday and it's now 3:12 today. Still don't notice anything. I just snorted half of an opana 30mg and I felt that.

I don't understand? I always thought fentanyl was supposed to be super strong? did I do something wrong (insert chagrin expression ). Well i'm going to leave this patch on for 72 hours and see what happens. I still have one more fent patch and unless the one I already have on does something, I'm going to look into a better way to use these patches.

I am so disappointed I always wanted to try fentanyl and now... this is very disappointing.

^ I never got much out of fentanyl. I used to get the lolli pops and I was always disappointed with them. You are correct that fentanyl is super strong, but that does not equate to euphoria. Most people don't find fentanyl to be euphoric, so that's why it's so dangerous. People chase an opiate high with it, and since it's so strong it's easy to OD.

Most people don't find fentanyl to be euphoric, so that's why it's so dangerous. People chase an opiate high with it, and since it's so strong it's easy to OD.

+1

A lot of recreational opioid users measure their level of highness by how good they feel, and keep chasing that minimal fentanyl euphoria with sometimes fatal consequences.

Like dogs barking up the wrong tree, chasing something that isn't there.

Are you mixing Opana & Fentanyl? If so, I wouldnt do that.........thats asking for a bad scenario. Take one or the other.

Thanks for the info,

But you guys are misunderstanding me. I have no intention of taking both the methadone and the fentanyl at once. I already take my prescribed opana ER 30mg twice daily. I was just trying to get info on the two drugs. Also I am no stranger to high test opiates being a heroin addict for 6 years. I was able to finally quit heroin for good when I found opana. Something that I failed to do with norco, percocet, roxicodone, oxycodone, or even dilaudid.

Ive read that a lot of heroin addicts would rather have Opana than heroin............

Thing is when I woke up i didn't even feel the fent helping at all with my morning sickness. Which is actually very minimal when i take opana the night before. I need to try something different.

If you're going to abuse your last patch, since that's what you were implying... what kind of patches are they? The gel kind or the matrix?

Well im not sure it reads:

Mylan Fentanyl transdermal system 50mcg/hr

I don't think the Mylan ones are the kind that have the gel.

Oh God, fentanyl and methadone.....and you were considering chewing the fent patch? Dear God.

Look, when I worked at a local ER, we had a patient come in that did that exact combo. She was on MMT and wanted to get high, so she ended up abusing a Duragesic patch. Long story short, she was dropped off at the front door of the ER by her selfish asshole friends while VSA (Vital Signs Absent), she was brought to a resuscitation/trauma bay, they first cleared out the copious amounts of vomit from her airway, of course administered Narcan, intubated her and fought hard to save her life. When it looked like she was more stable, she "went flat" (asystole- "flatlined"). By the grace of God and a very good ER medical staff, they brought her around and got her up to ICU on a ventilator. She was in a coma for quite some time, all the while on a ventilator. She was literally brought back from the dead. She played Russian Roulette with that combination of drugs and she got very, very lucky in that she didn't stay dead. A huge number of polydrug fent OD's don't make it. For the record, it's not a pretty death either, you don't "just go to sleep"; you die pretty hard, IMHO.

Tricomb put it perfectly in one of his above posts: Please do not mix methadone and fentanyl, that's like playing Russian Roulette with THREE bullets in the chamber.

Don't be stupid and risk your life like this. Do you really want to end up on a morgue slab with a toe tag?

You need to read everything I type. before you comment on my post(s)

I already said I have no intention of doing BOTH the fent and the methadone at the same time. All I said was I got some methadone and fentanyl from this guy that owed me money and wanted information on them.

AND you seem to have missed that I am not opiate naive. I am on opana 30mg daily and did heroin for years. My original post stated that in all my years I have done everything BUT methadone and fentanyl (lortab, norco, percocet, roxicodone, oxycodone, morphine, dilaudid, etc.

ALL I wanted was INFORMATION on the two drugs. How strong they are COMPARED to my almighty opana and the best way to do them. Best ROA (Route of administration).

By the way, I had that patch on for like three days and felt NOTHING. I took it off chewed it up then swallowed it and still NOTHING. Therefore, i'm looking into a better way to do this fentanyl. I could care les about the methadone right now. I just want to figure out this fentanyl first. All these years I thought fentanyl was supposed to be super strong, something is not right here...

^ The patches actually have a very high BA, but they release the drug over a longer period of time obviously. If you are to take them anoter way, they are likely to help even less with keeping the withdrawals at bay. The BA is 92% transdermal (patch), 89% intranasal, 50% buccal (chewing and absorbing though gums) and 33% oral.

100-200 micrograms of fentanyl (oral) is equal to 1.4mg Opana/oxymorphone (oral). Now, since the oral BA of oxymorphone is 10%, and the nasal is 40%, you have to do some math to figure out the equivalent doses. I think it would be 5.6mg of oxymorphone (intranasal) would be equal to 100-200 micrograms of fentanyl orally, so a little more than 1/3 of that dose would be needed if you sniffed it. I did the math really quickly, so check it yourself before attempting.

Honestly though, I don't know anybody that was satisfied with fentanyl after becoming accustomed to the highs of oxycodone or oxymorphone, or of course heroin. It's just not that euphoric at all, especially considering its potency, and the half-life is laughable (IV-2.5 minutes, Intranasal- 6.5 minutes, transdermal- 7 hours). It's the people that insist on trying to get high off of fentanyl that are the ones that overdose on it, along with the opiate naive.

Here is an opioid comparison chart, and all the dosages are for the oral BA, unless otherwise specified. It has two different listings for the methadone, one for chronic dosing, and the other for acute. I think that means chronic is once daily for maintenance, and acute is more for treating pain in smaller doses at a time. When you try to figure out the equivalent doses to your oxymorphone use, remember to take into account the nasal BA of oxymorphine which is 4x that of oral, whereas the doses of methadone are already listed with their oral BA taken into account. Methadone is best taken orally, and make sure to wait a while before redosing because it takes me 2 hours to peak on it.