• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need help with Taper

done

Greenlighter
Brief history:

Been taking diazepam for about 3 months averaging ~6.75mg a day, but I did not take every day. Some days I took 20mgs and then would take 5mg for next few days and then I would be off of them for about a week. I basically took it because I have celiac and when I get glutened it completely fucks up my head.

Now I went to doc and he told me to go

(Originally was doing 5mg for 2 days out of 5 completed)
4mg a day for 5 days (he told me to drop to this for my 3rd day on taper)
3mg a day for 5 days
2''
1''
and then jump off

Is this safe in a physical way? I know I'm probably going to be a wreck in terms of anxiety, and zaps, tremors, etc.

sounds solid to me and if your being regulated by a doctor you should be safe....getting of the drugs is always the other side of the blade so to speak just stay strong keep your eyes on your goal.

also where you honost with your doctor in terms of useage? taking 20mg sometimes and etc? Just making sure so u dont have any trouble from tapering

I think thats fast, my doc is tapering me off xanax and is tapering me .5mg every 2 weeks, it makes no difference to me because i take street xanax anyway but as Wonka has said, have you been completely honest with your doc in terms of dosage? Xxx Rachel xxx

Your doses seem very low, so your w.d shouldn't be all that bad..your doc is spot on. Most other docs would say your dose is low you shouldn't experience serious enough w.d to get rxd a benzo. But looks like you have a cool doctor who's helping you the right way to taper down. Go by his guidelines and you should be golden.