The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Need help with Oxycontin ER

RippyRoo

Greenlighter
Short story...I have a f*cked up back with lots of titanium in it and lots of pain. Dull, constant, evil pain. My doc gives me oxy 10mg 3x a day with 3 Percocet 3x a day. That barely helps.

Now I'm running out and need something to make the potency stronger and longer. I've read that cimetidine helps but how much?? Anything else?!?

Sorry didn't saw this post, I will ask for it to be moved to Other Drugs or Basic Drug Disscusion.

So you take 45 mg per day? If you have the ER formulation maybe you should ask your doc for an IR one, a 10 mg ER pill releases the substance along some multiple hours compared to IR, so 10mg in multiple hours is a very small dose for someone in lots of pain.

Cimitedine helps the enzymes so the metabolization goes better, to say it in more normal terms.

You must discuss this with your doc because if you are stuck with awful pain for the rest of your life you need proper management.

Oh and next time, post directly to Other Drugs or Basic Drug Discussion, you will have more responses, here in the american subforums usually local threads are the main ones and a lot of people don't check it out so that's why noone responded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry didn't saw this post, I will ask for it to be moved to Other Drugs or Basic Drug Disscusion.

So you take 45 mg per day? If you have the ER formulation maybe you should ask your doc for an IR one, a 10 mg ER pill releases the substance along some multiple hours compared to IR, so 10mg in multiple hours is a very small dose for someone in lots of pain.

Cimitedine helps the enzymes so the metabolization goes better, to say it in more normal terms.

You must discuss this with your doc because if you are stuck with awful pain for the rest of your life you need proper management.

Oh and next time, post directly to Other Drugs or Basic Drug Discussion, you will have more responses, here in the american subforums usually local threads are the main ones and a lot of people don't check it out so that's why noone responded.
I was on 20mg oxy 2 x per day with 2 Percocet 2x per day. But that wasn't enough either. Because of all this opioid shit going on it's hard to get real help.

can't u ask for the IR formula? it would be a start, and why does he give you percocet too? percocet is oxy with APAP, so you get the same substance under two formulations

20 mg IR x 3 per day wouldn't help? you had the ER formula when you had the 20mg 2x per day?

can't u ask for the IR formula? it would be a start, and why does he give you percocet too? percocet is oxy with APAP, so you get the same substance under two formulations

20 mg IR x 3 per day wouldn't help? you had the ER formula when you had the 20mg 2x per day?
Yes they were ER as well. I've heard you can make the ER IR but I don't know how. I'm desperate. I wish I could find a doctor to listen to me!!!

did you try chewing them? I used lots of 80mg ER sandoz oxycodone and when chewing them they always kicked in faster and stronger

suck of the coating and chew them