• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Need Help With My Prescription! Dexamphetamine

420blzit

Greenlighter
Hi all this is my first post so forgive me for being a little rough around the edges!

So basically my predicament is around 6 years ago I was prescribed dexamphetamine and discontinued treatment after a matter of years of being on them. Around about 2 months ago I found some of my older pills left from 6 years ago and thought they could really come in handy at my present state with work and study so I thought I would give them a go and took 3 5mg tabs, obviously doing some research before consuming them. To my amazement these 6 year old pills were not unlike a good dose of ecstasy or methamphetamine, I thought to myself what have I been missing out on! I was super focused on what I was doing and super confident which is usually something I feel I lack greatly.
So i went through the whole process of getting a prescription and the new pills are nothing like the ones I had left over from 6 years ago, they make me feel lathargic and sleepy/demotivated. There is a sort of focus with them but nothing to really note. All they really do is make me stay awake and not hungry! I have had 2 bottles of them but i think they were from the same batch

So my question is, has there maybe been a change in the company that makes them? I think its alpha pharm here in Australia, or maybe they are dudds and I should just wait and get a different batch?
Also I was thinking of trying ritalin instead or is it not worth it?

Thanks for the replies!

That could be a possibility, but I highly doubt it due to the fact that it was happening from the first of the new pills I had taken from the new ones, It was so bad that I didn't even think they were working at all!

It sounds like the classic symptoms of amphetamine tolerance:
1. develops rapidly after a few usages of drug
2. retains physiological effects (elevated heart rate, blood pressure, vigilance, lack of sleep)
3. drugs are controlled for quality in every first world/commonwealth nation, IR dexamphetamine is not very hard to get right anyway.

Plus you're not unique, there are a lot of people who have the same experience... take amphetamine once or twice and think it's awesome, and then the magic goes away.

Even with "ADHD" that initial period of more motivation or control is much more prominent at first, in case that was your issue but they make me quiet and tired personally and more able to control what I say and think.

It sounds like the classic symptoms of amphetamine tolerance:
1. develops rapidly after a few usages of drug
2. retains physiological effects (elevated heart rate, blood pressure, vigilance, lack of sleep)
3. drugs are controlled for quality in every first world/commonwealth nation, IR dexamphetamine is not very hard to get right anyway.

Plus you're not unique, there are a lot of people who have the same experience... take amphetamine once or twice and think it's awesome, and then the magic goes away.

This sums it up.

There is nothing "magical" about the old pills you found, all it was is having no tolerance to amphetamines, then you did it again and you didn't feel anything like that initial high, and you can spend the rest of your days chasing that high but you will never attain it due to tolerance.

Many people will insist that there is no difference between manufacturers and for the longest time I used to attest to that. These days, I really question the amount of faith I'm willing to put behind these companies along with the FDA, they're not a league of gods amongst men, and aside from human error(not even going into the concept of mechanical), I'd say it isn't always free from flaw.

A lot of people swear that there can be some significant difference between brands. I was reading into this and the topic seizure medicines came about and many people were convinced that as soon as a change occurred with the brand used, like clockwork, seizures that were previously under control, soon occurred.

It could be placebo, but, it also amazes me that people invest so much trust and faith behind the pharmaceutical industry along with the regulatory agencies involved.

With that being said, I'd be more willing to bet it is more likely tolerance.

Last edited:
This sums it up.

There is nothing "magical" about the old pills you found, all it was is having no tolerance to amphetamines, then you did it again and you didn't feel anything like that initial high, and you can spend the rest of your days chasing that high but you will never attain it due to tolerance.

Blood pressure, problems with metabolism, mental issues, etc. No magic just sad.

Is it really possible for tolerance to dex to go from 1-10 overnight? Same thing I found when I started dex again after years not on it.. Started first day on 4x 5mg dolls and was clear headed and sharp then the next two days on same dose felt like shit all tired and depressed and couldn't get out of bed . Wth? Had strong urges to up the dose out of sheer willful frustration ! I not necessarily searching for an epic rush experience but I definately don't need a depression slippery slope .. Can anyone help with more feedback??
Thanking muchly?

Is it really possible for tolerance to dex to go from 1-10 overnight? Same thing I found when I started dex again after years not on it.. Started first day on 4x 5mg dolls and was clear headed and sharp then the next two days on same dose felt like shit all tired and depressed and couldn't get out of bed . Wth? Had strong urges to up the dose out of sheer willful frustration ! I not necessarily searching for an epic rush experience but I definately don't need a depression slippery slope .. Can anyone help with more feedback??
Thanking muchly?

Don't try to oppose your body so much, if the other day you felt tired, just sleep in bed all day see what happends...why is that so off the table? What will most likely happen is youll sleep for a day then you'll be fine after. You don't know why your body needs that rest at that time. Just go with it and don't get mad.

Ya you're right I get in these little obsessive over-analyzing if I don't know the reason for sudden mood change cos over the last 2 years my brain has been a messy roller coaster with anti-depressants and other stuff out of my control. would be great to also understand some of the different meds and drugs and shit and basically just affect your body and brain .. In lay-man's terms :)
Thank you for advice nonetheless! :)

take the dose prescribed and expect nothing more than what its used for. eat good, don't sit around, consistently jerk off, drink a beer or a shot at the end of the day(you will feel better then the first time taking dexedrine).

I can never use amphetamine 2 days in a row or more. Always need a day break in between to let ur mind and body recover. Tolerance goes up quick with daily usage 4 me

Try a different pharmacy.
I can tell a difference in my Adderal depending on the generic brand.

yea certain generics are 100% not the same as the real thing. its wierd, just depends on the meds. some generics are actually stronger than the name brand, and vice versa.
on a side note 50th post, finally a bluelighter

^ Not with dexedrine, dexedrine is the same no matter what, it's with Adderall that we notice changes between brand/generic.

Careful guys, starting to drift into 'brand discussion' territory..
We all know Name brand is always better than the generic, that pretty much goes for anything that can be bought..

I was on Adderall for a good 12 years & just switched to Vyvanse. It's awesome.
Yeah it seems vyvanse is a smoother ride, it doesn't have the extreme valleys that adderall has..

- Hopeless Soul