• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need Help with Methadone!

condemned

Greenlighter
Hey all, SWIM is prescribed 20mg OC and SWIM normally takes 40mg's of it at one time (oral, any other way freaks him out) for about half a year, and it still makes him pretty happy for an hour or so (lol). SWIM recently acquired 10mg Methadone, he never has gotten sick off of opiates but he took half and puked an hour later, had fever sweats too. Could this be coincidence? does this happen? He thought he would never have a problem like that.:p

ok well I am going to assume that since you said OC you ment oxycodones extended release version which provides a controlled release of medication for 12 hours. Since you said that you take them orally and you said nothing about crushing or chewing them I am also going to assume that you just swallow them whole as directed. If an am incorrect please correct me. Now if these facts are true and you normally take two tablets then per hour your body is getting 1.6 mgs per tablet. Since you take two tablets your body is getting 3.33 mgs per hour. If this is so then a dose of 5 mgs of methadone released all at once would be a high dose and might make you sick as you said. then again you did say that when you take two together you feel good for about an hour~ which doesn't really make sense because peak plasma levels aren't reached for three hours and then they are maintained for longer than oxycodone IR tablets because of the release mechanism. Also I don't know if this is really in the correct forum.

That's just my guess. You should check out the mega thread on "swim" use.