• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc need help with identifying a drug by symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine0430

Greenlighter
I am trying to pinpoint what a family member is using, she lies, steals and disappears.. I saw dark powder on her nose, brown black earlier this year, since then I believe it's being smoked, she's euphoric, high energy, weight loss, no appetite, constricted pupils approximately 2 - 2.5 mm in regular lit in door room , pink sclera, mood swings, mostly can't sit, always doing something, ie. Dishes cleaning etc. She goes to another room alot, and I saw she forgot to close the window, which makes me think with her having a new boyfriend who lacks hygiene as well as teeth she's now escalated to smoking it. His voice sounds like he ate a frog, hoarse, rough, her voice in now changing as well, deeper and being hoarse as well.. any ideas, I thought black tar heroin, but that's a downer, next thought was meth but that's causes dilation.. advise??

how do you know she is using? how do you know that she is not bipolar?

Not supposed to do drug ID's i believe on BL, esecially based on speculation from reported symptoms... can be messy buisness :\

To try to help, i'll say, if it's a drug, from your descrition, i would say likely (meth/lis/dex)amphetamine but maybe could relatively large cocaine, crack, Ritalin or ethylphenidate consumption/(ab)use... there's a possibility it's an RC stimulant which could be any number of things (MDPV, a-pvp, a-php style...)

Smoked methamphetamine, crack maybe combined with tar or pain pills (oxy, hydro etc.) would be the more likely one's of all the possible drugs though i guess... could also be speedballing (mixing stimulant(s)and downer(s) ie. cocaine+heroin or meth+Heroin or another strong opiate)

But yeah as LaCaster wrote, could also be bi-polar disorder for instance... so don't be too quick to jump to conclusions...

Either way, do keep in mind, if it's drug abuse, or an illness, or other causes, the person in question will likely need sincere support and constructive help (maybe proffessional ie. doctor, therapist or a person they can talk freely to, be at ease and not be subject to judgement....), definately not lectures, more pressure or scare tactic morality type speeches or threats (depending on who this person is in relation to you)...

OP: Maybe you can elaborate for instance on who this person is to you, and anything alse that might be informative and hel you get constructive feedback from BL members... :)

Hope things work out ok!

Last edited:
Thank you for responding;as a psychiatric nurse, I'm sure she isn't bipolar, as mental illness doesn't cause thievery, begging and anorexia, this is my cousin.. who on xmas stole my daughter's Christmas money. My family has attempted to address the situation, however, give into the begging ..delivering handouts.. I don't judge, not when she stole from my mother, her mother, or my elderly grandfather, ... but I will not tolerate as my family has for her to steal from my child...my family may be just waiting to bury my 80 lb 5'5 cousin, while they continue to approach the situation with questions and caring manners and continue to deliver handouts..Thank you all.. it probably doesn't matter what she's using, I'm probably just interested to know how much time she has left... she's slowly dying and others sit and watch

Sounds like some sort of stimulant, although the constricted pupils are a tell tale sign of opiate usage.

when i was iving h a dude i got high with would get all energetic after using. i'd be nodding he'd be cleaning. got on my nerves. some folks do get an energetic high after using opiates.

That's what I was going to say, I got very energetic when I was smoking heroin, when I started iv'ing I was the same way, if I wasn't doing enough to nod out. Could be anything but constricted pupils point to opiates.

Status
Not open for further replies.