• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Requests Need help with BL Logo

Also all logos should work on mobile, if it's too complicated it's not suitable for small scale and will cause issues. It's ok to have some shorter smaller versions but they need to be very similar and provide consistency across the brand. I love that logo @dopamimetic just needs simplifying for low scale res. So many people fall into the too complex logo trap. Fiver is a nightmare unless you have a strict brief with branding guidelines.

Should have put all three in one post but terrible at keeping talking

Could somebody send me the new pill logo as a PSD or something easy to import?

Yeah, it's photoshop, guess with GIMP you can do similar things but unfortunately the unix folks are notoriously bad with UI/UX. That's my thing that I like tech and design, and am somewhat good in spotting problems, but never managed to turn it into anything real like a job :( fuck war on drugs. Microsoft, RedHat etc they would really need somebody like me xD

Sorry dopamimetic, just noticed this! I'll upload the Illustrator files as soon as I get a chance, should be able to today or tomorrow.

geekgrl, awesome! I also do UX/UI design, I started doing visual design and brand design about a decade ago and have slowly transitioned into UX/UI and web design; there are so many bootcamps out there now for it! To catch you up to speed, we've been discussing some great ideas amongst a few people to update the logo.

Our needs for the logo are:
  1. Maintaining legibility across media types (digital mobile to large print media formats)
  2. Give the previous logo a facelift, while staying true to its original form
dopamimetic presented the idea of adding some chemical structures, which is when we decided to add an orbit around the pill.

I am now waiting on the founders to add more feedback before we move back to doing color.

Hope that catches you up to speed!

Last edited:
off topic but cool to hear you two are in the ui/ux design business. do you use a wireframing tool? if so, which?

alasdair

Hey alasdairm

Are you in the field or trying to get in or just interested?

I used Sketch but switched over to Figma, it's much better — most of the field is making the transition over to Figma

You can make an account for free with them!

3-FAD842-B-E1-F4-4708-9-B60-D259-E7-EE9-B0-A.jpg

Don't u guys think we could use these pics for diff forums? For example the dark one for tds, the koi fish one for TL and successively?

Damn, a few of these were actually very cool. I could definitely see them used for some of the sub forums.

Since the time this thread was made, we've put together a bunch of official logos to be voted on. Haven't implemented them yet, but will likely do that soon.

I do like a few of these though. @DeucerPro have you see the Bluelight Images forum? We are working on getting some new banners up for some of our sub forums, your contributions would definitely be appreciated there 👍💪

Here is the link:

Hey, guys! My humble contribution can be found below. Please let me know what you think, any desired modifications, etc. Happy to take this concept or anything else to other formats as needed. Kinda want to slap it on a shirt, esp. the second image... Thanks! ~ AJAr

oag2Gn9.png
98O9zwp.png

Z8WE3mc.png
CEVAw7o.png

QyYiwQt.png

qpSXwFQ.png
B9uhG1U.png

XCHfQwx.jpg

Hey, guys! My humble contribution can be found below. Please let me know what you think, any desired modifications, etc. Happy to take this concept or anything else to other formats as needed. Kinda want to slap it on a shirt, esp. the second image... Thanks! ~ AJAr

oag2Gn9.png
98O9zwp.png

Z8WE3mc.png
CEVAw7o.png

QyYiwQt.png

qpSXwFQ.png
B9uhG1U.png

XCHfQwx.jpg
I really like these.
I could see us using one of these across the forums and socials with a few tweaks.