• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Requests Need help with BL Logo

nicely done @immakingthelogo, I like the design because it's bold but simple, reminds me of a corporate logo and looks really distinguished.
Thanks, I tried to keep it as close to the previous original one, but update it slightly.

Someone else mentioned doing a version with the original lightbulb, if anyone want's to make a sketch or something I'm happy to convert it into a logo

@immakingthelogo is probably an alt and a winning title wouldn't go anywhere.

Have my logo, its original and would normally fetch $5000.

Either that or reveal who logo champ is, its probably Jah.
I've been lurking in the subs for a really long time, I'm just kind of shy so I didn't ever make an account. But when I saw this opportunity I felt that I wanted to give something back to the awesome people of this community!

Sweet Jeebus, mang! That's awesome stuff. I've got the zip file downloaded, thank you so much.

Mhm! As I just said I just wanted to give something back after being a lurker for so long. Thanks for all your hard work over the years

To make a pill logo?

Pfft too easy look
Embq3e2.png

Jeezus, that looks like a sex toy... :ROFLMAO:

I've been lurking in the subs for a really long time, I'm just kind of shy so I didn't ever make an account. But when I saw this opportunity I felt that I wanted to give something back to the awesome people of this community!

Mhm! As I just said I just wanted to give something back after being a lurker for so long. Thanks for all your hard work over the years

Bullshit,

You're not a lurker.

Youre clearly an alt, prolly tathra.

I used to be a freelance graphic designer, did a lot of logos. I could probably cook something up in illustrator (if there is still interest). Some nice ones posted already.

pvvYk5H.png

I've packaged the logo with the PNG's with transparent backgrounds. Included are 3 sets of PNG's ranging from low res to high res. I've also included the editable illustrator file, as well as the font (in case you guys want to change something in the future).

Below is the link to the zip with all the files in them:
Bluelight Logo Package

Please make sure to download the file and save it because I didn't pay for hosting and I'm not sure how long this file will be up

I like this logo, nice work. Just one point though - I personally feel like the pill is just a little short (and/or the outline used a little too thick), such that if you didn't know our current logo and its pill, there's a chance you might not know what it's meant to be. Any chance of a version with a slightly more elongated pill (or thinner pill outline)? :)

I like this logo, nice work. Just one point though - I personally feel like the pill is just a little short (and/or the outline used a little too thick), such that if you didn't know our current logo and its pill, there's a chance you might not know what it's meant to be. Any chance of a version with a slightly more elongated pill (or thinner pill outline)? :)

Hey! Just saw this, I can get another version out sometime this week. I'll send over a few different versions with differently drawn pills

tRS5PxS.png

Thanks for being patient! Was swamped with some other work.

Do any of these 6 versions work? Version 6 is the one I've been posting. Version 4 and 5 are very similar, except that v5 is longer and thinner than v4.

Feel free to let me know what look or feel you guys are trying to go for — I want to make sure I get this right.

I can add color once we decide on a pill version, feel free to give any suggestions!
-Cal

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: CFC
Nice work Cal! :)

My personal faves are 5 and 1, but actually I wonder if a slightly elongated (but equally thick) 6 would also look good?

I very much like the graphic boldness and consistency of using a thick line for the pill, I just felt it was a smidge too compact in the original.

Maybe something like this?

cIFE4j4.gif

@immakingthelogo

Play with the line thickness, maybe give the lines a gradient to their thickness, spice it up a bit

Just designing vicariously through your work :) I haven't touched illustrator in a few years

good work though!

(just my honest 2 cents)

Last edited:
Well just my 2 cents but I never liked the pill in there. A molecule or psychedelic pattern would be much nicer and maybe more attractive to ... more thoughtful users, I dunno. If I may I'll post some example later :)

Example one:
bluelight1.png

Under the line there'd be space for some slogan or motto if you like.. I'll post some more different ones later.

Great ideas guys, but personally I like the pill logo. It's iconic, memorable and has history. Maybe add a chemical diagram behind the pill? (Light grey as to not detract from the logo).

My time designing logos taught me one thing: simpler is better and sticks in your memory easier than complicated ones.

Look at every major company. Their logos are beyond basic, even more basic than a pill. Not that BL is a major corporation or anything, but you get my point.

(I do like your designs tho!)

Last edited: