• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Requests Need help with BL Logo

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Okay, so the logo we have now was inherited from aways back and the only copy we're working with was about 350x80 pixels. I have no idea what font was used, or how they got the pill into it. However, whenever we wish to do some new graphics and slap that on...it's fugly. Like, really f'n ugly.

My request to the community, if anyone has the skills, time, and interest, is to help us remake it but in a much bigger image so we can use that large image anywhere we wish and not worry about pixelating the hell out of it. I'm not sure what size we need, I'm open to whatever you think you can put together.

Bonus round, Can we get a Black & White version? Anytime I use a basic image editor to try and make it B&W, it starts looking crappy. Maybe that's me. Idunno.

So, the request is out there, can anyone help?

BlueLight_Logo.png

= = = = = =

Fwiw, every so often we do put out an open call for a new logo as well. So, if someone has some ideas on that, have at it. My goal right now is a more scalable image of our current logo in current color scheme and b&w, but the door is always open for creative minds that want to give us something new. Cheers.

Using a scaler called Waifu2x which uses neural networks, I get this:
k5azPNQ.png

Not the highest quality but it's a start?

Niqi5hS.jpg

This is probably not good enough yet, but it's made by increasing contrast in the original logo, vectorizing and adding shadows.

8hr8fBU.png

I threw this together

Where is the largest place you will be placing this? Website? Billboard? Magazine?

Knowing will help me figure out what size to output this in

I can play with a colored version as well

Last edited:
Where is the largest place you will be placing this? Website? Billboard? Magazine?

Most commonly website(s). I expect on flyers, probably in magazines as well.

As an example, on our homepage have a slider with images featuring certain threads. I threw together the BL & FAH orangish image, and felt I was reaching upper limits of our current png.

we have been asked to provide a b&w logo for other publications (hence my expectation on flyers and mags).

———-
many thanks to ALL for the responses!

Most commonly website(s). I expect on flyers, probably in magazines as well.

As an example, on our homepage have a slider with images featuring certain threads. I threw together the BL & FAH orangish image, and felt I was reaching upper limits of our current png.

we have been asked to provide a b&w logo for other publications (hence my expectation on flyers and mags).

———-
many thanks to ALL for the responses!
Great that helps, let me know if any of the current ones work for you. I'll check back tomorrow morning to see if I should make any changes and I could send the final images over right after.

^ Those are good logos because they have clear boundaries between everything and contain nothing that wouldn't seem to fit in. I'd have to learn that style myself.

I suppose I should ask for transparent backgrounds as well, to make it more usable :D

I suppose I should ask for transparent backgrounds as well, to make it more usable :D

Why don't you hire a designer? I mean, every kid in his mom basement has some Photoshop knowledge. We give him 5$ and that's it. He then ask him mom more 5$ and we made him a Christmas gift. Both sides wins but overall I think we have a candidate, 2 actually.

pvvYk5H.png

I've packaged the logo with the PNG's with transparent backgrounds. Included are 3 sets of PNG's ranging from low res to high res. I've also included the editable illustrator file, as well as the font (in case you guys want to change something in the future).

Below is the link to the zip with all the files in them:
Bluelight Logo Package

Please make sure to download the file and save it because I didn't pay for hosting and I'm not sure how long this file will be up

Sweet Jeebus, mang! That's awesome stuff. I've got the zip file downloaded, thank you so much.

So, now that we have are current logo much more useable....you guys want to open this up for some creative exercises?

I love Daisy's work. And BM :chestpound: I feel ya, bro.

We can run a contest for a bit and see what other things you guys can dream up if anyone's interested. Even let the members vote on the best ones and give the winner an honorary title. We may use it at times (like for special occasions) unless it totally rocks (yes, I'm from the 80's) and we wanna switch up more often. Hmmm....I'll pass this by CFC and see about running something for a bit, a 'fun challenge' for those interested. I'll see about digging up some of the older ones as well for comparison (they look like they were from the 80's as well).

@immakingthelogo is probably an alt and a winning title wouldn't go anywhere.

Have my logo, its original and would normally fetch $5000.

Either that or reveal who logo champ is, its probably Jah.