• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need help switching from Etizolam to Clonazepam taper?

DragSoD

Greenlighter
I'm having an extremely hard time switching over to Clonazepam from Etizolam. I know your not supposed to just switch over from one different Benzodiazepine to another. I don't know if my symptoms which I'm now at 2MG Daily are so bad because it's a thienodiazepeine which I'm not sure how much cross-tolerance it has with Benzodiazepines. It doesn't seem to matter how much damn Clonazepam I take and I just simply DON'T know how to lower my Dose.

https://www.dovepress.com/a-success...ng-fine--peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-IMCRJ

I came across this article but the solutions I'm making are not 100% accurately dosed simply due to the fact it's not an expensive scale. It's mainly problematic because the scale tray I use for the very fluffy and pure Etizolam Powder sticks to the tray even with a good amount enough to be up to 20MG or less in powder is left in the tray. I do my best to sort of whack it off the tray into my solution vial using my metal powder scooper then using it to scrape the rest of the powder into the solution making nearly but not 100% of it gets into the solution.

Now I think I should mention I would be posting about this at Benzobuddies.org yet the fact that Etizolam is only prescribed in 3 countries and is not technically a Benzodiazepine I thought it would be wiser to come here for some suggestions. Anyone who has firsthand experience with switching from Etizolam to any other long-acting Benzo would be fantastic!

I'm not sure if any more information is useful but just let me know if I haven't stated something of importance that has to do with my current situation that is all.

I don't have any personal experience doing this but how inaccurate are we talking? Depending on the quantity you're dissolving, it may not really matter if there is a little bit left on the tray. If you're dissolving 50-100mg, then yeah, 20mg is a significant amount... if you're dissolving grams plus, not so much...

There's a simple solution to this problem at least - weight the tray itself first, cleaned with no powder on it, and record weight. Then, reset scale to zero, weigh your desired amount and dissolve. If there is any stuck to the tray, remove tray, reset to zero, then weigh tray and residue. Subtract the first value from the last to find out how much was left over - subtract this from the amount you intended to dissolve to calculate the exact concentration of your solution.

I'm curious also - do you find that clonazepam does not hit your anxiety, or whatever symptom it might be, in the same way that etizolam does?

Do you feel your difficulties in reducing your etizolam dose are primarily psychological, or that the overlap in action with clonazepam is truly not significant enough for this to be workable? I would have thought thienos and benzos were more than similar enough that this was not very likely and I would be surprised therefore if you were in any real danger, but again I have no personal experience so I'm very interested to hear yours. Sorry I can't offer any advice on that front but I hope someone else can.

Cpam may not be the right long half-life bzd for you. Some people react poorly to it others find it perfect. I personally prefer diazepam but I think most people do. Very long half-life.

I do find that etizolam 'hits' while cpam doesn't. It's just sort of 'back there'. Like when I take my 2mg of etiz before bed at night, I feel soooo fucking mellow after half an hour. Cpam doesn't ever 'hit' like that for me.