• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help/suggestions for subutex

Vinxy

Greenlighter
Hi everybody. Thanks for the help in advance

I've been on painkillers for 9+ years thats the short story.. The last few months I've been on 4-7 80mg oxy contin a day

Starting taking subutex Yesterday. 16mg a day. Is it normal that i really dont feel any better? Im still looking to feel somthing. Should i up the dose? Lower it? Or does it just take time for my body to get used to?

I posted in the other thread; give it time, perhaps consider lowering to 12 or 8mg per day; it's quite potent. 6x 80mg is a lot of oxycodone and as a partial agonist buprenorphine can only do but so much to replicate this type of feeling anyways.

I posted in the other thread; give it time, perhaps consider lowering to 12 or 8mg per day; it's quite potent. 6x 80mg is a lot of oxycodone and as a partial agonist buprenorphine can only do but so much to replicate this type of feeling anyways.

Thanks capt. But I've heard horror stories of people on subs saying it gets them too high. Today ive did 16mg 3 times just to try to get over the shit feeling of not having oxy.. I should be pretty dam high right? I'm not... Not that i even wanna feel the high so much i just miss that boost oxy would give me like pure energy or somthing? Maybe I just need time but i would have never thought 48mg of subutex wouldnt do anything

It has a ceiling effect . Once you got it no matter how much more you take it won’t do anything . You just gotta wait till you stabilize on a certain dose and like what captain said 16mg is a lot . So stop trying to take more and more and try to stabilize at like 4-8 mg which in 5 days roughly you should feel better .
For me it also takes like a week of feeling shitty till I stabilize on subs so what your experiencing is normal . Or else evreyone would just go back and forth opiates to subs but the waiting to induce the sub and the week it takes to stabilize is what keeps me from doing that .

Hey Vinxy!

Welcome to BL! It's going to take a couple days to feel better. You have a high tolerance. Going from full-agonist opiates (Oxy's, dope) to partial-agonist (Subutex, Suboxone) opiates take a little adjusting.

I started my opiate dependence on 6 80mg OxyContin a day. Even on methadone, I wasn't stable until I got to 95mgs. I knew nothing about opiates back then.

You don't need to increase your Subutex. It won't do anything. You're body needs to get adjusted to a partial-agonist.

Hang in there. It make take 3-4 days.