• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NEED HELP QUITTING METHADONE ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME

^^^ I figured I could drop another 3mg since I felt fine on 12mg so I’ll let you know how I feel on 9mg I’m expecting to start feeling some light withdrawals since I’ve dropped 6mg total in a short period of time but I will let you know.

No I’m not saying he’s going to a doc to try and get an Opana script he never even had one anyways he used to be on Oxys and Morphine that was prescribed but yea now he’s on methadone. I’m was saying he said he’s going to go to his doc and try and get a methadone prescription instead of going to the clinic that way he will always have his methadone at home ig he said you can do that and he’s pretty old been on opiates his whole life I’m sure the doc would give him a methadone prescription obv I don’t know forsure tho. I was saying that I can get ahold of Opana if I needed to you know if they took away his take homes I really don’t want to do that though. But I also have some methadone saved up in an ibuprofen bottle I’ve been saving on the side just incase something like this ever happened. Today I only took 9mg of methadone so 3mg less than the 12mg I was just taking I’m down 6mg totall since I made this post I will let you know how I feel on the 9mg after a day or 2 of being on it so far I haven’t felt any withdrawals symptoms or anything except I don’t notice that in the afternoon right before I’m about to go take my dose I have been a little irritable but nothing major. I will come back tomorrow and let you know how I feel on 9mg.
Sounds like you are doing very well and have a back up plan. That's great. Congrats on your tapering. Just keep your eye on the prize.

Sounds like you are doing very well and have a back up plan. That's great. Congrats on your tapering. Just keep your eye on the prize.
@Pumpkin2021 My Sisters dad has tons of suboxone he goes to a clinic and gets them and he has tons of extra. He said I could have as many of his suboxone as I want since I told him about how my gpa lost his methadone take homes. Do you think I should just switch to subs rn and start tapering off of those? Do you think that would be easier for me? Or should I just stay on methadone as long as I can with the bottle that I have saved up??

@Pumpkin2021 My Sisters dad has tons of suboxone he goes to a clinic and gets them and he has tons of extra. He said I could have as many of his suboxone as I want since I told him about how my gpa lost his methadone take homes. Do you think I should just switch to subs rn and start tapering off of those? Do you think that would be easier for me? Or should I just stay on methadone as long as I can with the bottle that I have saved up??
Glad you have the subs. They will come in real handy. I would suggest finish up your tapering with the methadone. When it's gone wait until you are in pretty good withdrawl off the 'done and then start real low with the subs. Take 1 mg. see how u feel. if u need another mg. take it. Just microdose the subs until you start to feel better. When you feel pretty stable dont take anymore for a little bit. Then guage how you are doing in 12 hours. Take the smallest dose you can to make you feel better daily or twice a day. You won't need massive doses like some people take. Less is more with subs. 4 mgs will do just as well as 24. 24 is actually a waste as subs have a ceiling effect which means taking more is just a waste.

Methadone is a full agonist and subs a partial one so dont take the subs until you feel real shitty because the subs will knock the 'done off of your receptors and you will get very sick. You might have to wait several days after your 'done is gone because you cant take the subs while the methadone is still on your receptors. Google the transistion from one to the other and do what it says. Good luck. You are doing great !!

I highlyyyyy recommend googling precipitated withdrawal and doing a search on here and maybe even post another question asking about switching from methadone to subs if you try that. Methadone has a very long half life as you know and you need to be in full on withdrawal before you take the subs or they can make you feel super shitty, like worse withdrawal of your life. Since you wont be doing it thru a medical provider you really cant depend on a COWS score because you will most likely convince yourself you are in way worse wds than you really are based on what you've said about how you react to wd onset.

Pretty sure its like 48+ hours from last dose of methadone before dosing sub that's recommended but everyone is different. Tapering from subs might be better for you tho, staying on them for a bit and tapering might be an even better idea. You wont feel high on the subs but you wont have cravings either and it will allow you to build new habits and a new life so you are used to not being high and using. Then you taper and jump. Since ur on a relatively low dose of methadone I would recommend a low dose of sub if you decide to do it whether its an automatic taper or stay on for a little bit.

Sounds like you have a good support system from what you previously said but you should probably look into NA or other recovery groups, consider working steps or some other program to help you figure out why you used to begin with. From what you said, you've used pretty regularly for quite some time and for most of us there is or was a reason we turned to drugs. Its easy to picture staying clean when you're high but its not as easy when you are actually clean esp when there is easy access around you.

Glad you have the subs. They will come in real handy. I would suggest finish up your tapering with the methadone. When it's gone wait until you are in pretty good withdrawl off the 'done and then start real low with the subs. Take 1 mg. see how u feel. if u need another mg. take it. Just microdose the subs until you start to feel better. When you feel pretty stable dont take anymore for a little bit. Then guage how you are doing in 12 hours. Take the smallest dose you can to make you feel better daily or twice a day. You won't need massive doses like some people take. Less is more with subs. 4 mgs will do just as well as 24. 24 is actually a waste as subs have a ceiling effect which means taking more is just a waste.

Methadone is a full agonist and subs a partial one so dont take the subs until you feel real shitty because the subs will knock the 'done off of your receptors and you will get very sick. You might have to wait several days after your 'done is gone because you cant take the subs while the methadone is still on your receptors. Google the transistion from one to the other and do what it says. Good luck. You are doing great !!
@Pumpkin2021 Hey sorry I haven’t replied in a minute some Crazy things just happened in the last few days. The person who was giving me the methadone is my grandpa he’s 64 and 3 days ago he had a mental break down and it’s turns out he Schizophrenic and has Dementia and he got all of his Methadone take home bottles taken away and now he has to live in an Assisted Living home for older people and That makes me extremely sad because my Grandpa is my favorite person ever seriously I love him so much and it kills me to watch him go down like this hopefully he can still remember who everybody is 4 months from now when me and my Girlfriend have our first child. I really want him to meet his first Great Grandchild so bad. Anyways tho I didn’t get my dose of methadone from him the day before he had the break down and Obviously haven’t gotten any the last 3 days since he lost his take homes. So I haven’t had any methadone at all in 4 days as of April 23, 2021. The withdrawals are not nearly as bad as I’ve experienced before. But I have Restless Legs and Arms and It is fucking unbearable please are there any tips or medication that will make it stop? I seriously can’t stand it. Also AND I NEED THIS ANSWERED PLEASE. If I’ve been in mild Withdrawals for 4 days now is it okay if I take the suboxone I have now? Or do I need to wait until the withdrawals get super bad first? Because I’ve heard if you take subs to soon you’ll regret it.
Omg I’m probably just a pussy but the Restless Arms is so unbearable I’m flipping around in bed right now as I write this fuck. Also I’m doing really good mentally tho considering everything right now the only other problem is how low on energy I am seriously the last couple days with out methadone it’s even hard to walk up the stairs.

Well I looked it up and it said you can take Suboxone 24 hours after your last methadone dose so I just put one under my tounge hopefully the restless legs and arms so soon

@Pumpkin2021 Hey sorry I haven’t replied in a minute some Crazy things just happened in the last few days. The person who was giving me the methadone is my grandpa he’s 64 and 3 days ago he had a mental break down and it’s turns out he Schizophrenic and has Dementia and he got all of his Methadone take home bottles taken away and now he has to live in an Assisted Living home for older people and That makes me extremely sad because my Grandpa is my favorite person ever seriously I love him so much and it kills me to watch him go down like this hopefully he can still remember who everybody is 4 months from now when me and my Girlfriend have our first child. I really want him to meet his first Great Grandchild so bad. Anyways tho I didn’t get my dose of methadone from him the day before he had the break down and Obviously haven’t gotten any the last 3 days since he lost his take homes. So I haven’t had any methadone at all in 4 days as of April 23, 2021. The withdrawals are not nearly as bad as I’ve experienced before. But I have Restless Legs and Arms and It is fucking unbearable please are there any tips or medication that will make it stop? I seriously can’t stand it. Also AND I NEED THIS ANSWERED PLEASE. If I’ve been in mild Withdrawals for 4 days now is it okay if I take the suboxone I have now? Or do I need to wait until the withdrawals get super bad first? Because I’ve heard if you take subs to soon you’ll regret it.
Omg I’m probably just a pussy but the Restless Arms is so unbearable I’m flipping around in bed right now as I write this fuck. Also I’m doing really good mentally tho considering everything right now the only other problem is how low on energy I am seriously the last couple days with out methadone it’s even hard to walk up the stairs.
Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hopefully he will be okay and get to meet your baby. I know you are gonna miss him while hes in the assisted living. Really glad you had the subs. I think you will be ok with them as its been 3 full days with no 'done. I hear gabapentin and Lyrica is really good for RLS. If you can get some of that it would be really helpful. Also get some magnesium. You aren't a pussy..u are doing fine. I hear RLS is a real bitch. I only got it once for a couple of nights and then it went away when I got some Lyrica. You are doing real good. Just keep taking the subs.

Well I looked it up and it said you can take Suboxone 24 hours after your last methadone dose so I just put one under my tounge hopefully the restless legs and arms so soon
The subs should help. How many do you have?

24 hours is too soon. I hope you didn't get kicked into precipitated withdrawal. Oh wait you said 4 days since your last methadone, you should be good then. Most people recommend 4 days that I have talked to. I have taken bupe 3 days after methadone but I wasn't addicted to methadone, I was addicted to shorter-acting opioids. I was fine. But for the record, if you're addicted to methadone, do NOT take it 24 hours after your last dose, you will experience preciptated withdrawal.

Clonidine will help with restless legs and a mild benzo for sleeping.

I have friends who have told me detoxing off subs was horrible and took them a month of withdrawals but they jumped from 4-8mgs. Sub has a very long half life. Hope you are doing ok.

Really sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hopefully he will be okay and get to meet your baby. I know you are gonna miss him while hes in the assisted living. Really glad you had the subs. I think you will be ok with them as its been 3 full days with no 'done. I hear gabapentin and Lyrica is really good for RLS. If you can get some of that it would be really helpful. Also get some magnesium. You aren't a pussy..u are doing fine. I hear RLS is a real bitch. I only got it once for a couple of nights and then it went away when I got some Lyrica. You are doing real good. Just keep taking the subs.
@Pumpkin2021 Hey my Grandpa is doing a lot better and he is back home now untill they have an assisted living home ready for him to move into. But I have been on Subs since my Last reply I made saying that I just took one. I don’t have a lot though I’ve been taking them on and off sometimes going a day or two without them to conserve them Right now I have 2 1/2 8mg subs left then I’m back into withdrawals unless I can find more I have some Gabapentin it’s been laying around my house forever I’ve never tried it but they are 100mg pills how much would you recommend I take to help with the Restless legs? I hope everyone is doing well !

@Pumpkin2021 Hey my Grandpa is doing a lot better and he is back home now untill they have an assisted living home ready for him to move into. But I have been on Subs since my Last reply I made saying that I just took one. I don’t have a lot though I’ve been taking them on and off sometimes going a day or two without them to conserve them Right now I have 2 1/2 8mg subs left then I’m back into withdrawals unless I can find more I have some Gabapentin it’s been laying around my house forever I’ve never tried it but they are 100mg pills how much would you recommend I take to help with the Restless legs? I hope everyone is doing well !
Fantastic news ! Am so happy that Grandpa made it home after his episode. You are doing fantastic. I am so proud of you.

So you are totally done with the methadone, right? Just on the subs but you only have less than 3 strips left?

I take it you get them off the street instead of a DR. Either way, try and get more so you can start weaning from them and then you are gonna be FREE !!! YAY !!

Your girl and your new baby are so proud of you and so am I. The 100 mg gabs are the weakest ones. Most people like at least 600-800 mgs so you have to eat a handful.Is it a big bottle? To save them just dose at night to help with the RLS. Getting more would be helpful but they do cause dependence so be careful.

I am doing well, thank you and so are you ! keep me posted. <3

Fantastic news ! Am so happy that Grandpa made it home after his episode. You are doing fantastic. I am so proud of you.

So you are totally done with the methadone, right? Just on the subs but you only have less than 3 strips left?

I take it you get them off the street instead of a DR. Either way, try and get more so you can start weaning from them and then you are gonna be FREE !!! YAY !!

Your girl and your new baby are so proud of you and so am I. The 100 mg gabs are the weakest ones. Most people like at least 600-800 mgs so you have to eat a handful.Is it a big bottle? To save them just dose at night to help with the RLS. Getting more would be helpful but they do cause dependence so be careful.

I am doing well, thank you and so are you ! keep me posted. <3
@Pumpkin2021 Aye thank you very much yes I am totally off the Methadone I haven’t taken it since before he had his mental break like I said so it’s probably been like 12 days now or something like that and Yes I have a friend who gave me some Subs for free just to help me out but yea now I only have 2 Left because I took a half today when I woke up. I’m about to sign up for Medicade right now after I reply to you my mom said it’s free insurance then I can go to this place called Clean Slate and get subs I guess. So if it all goes through smooth I could have a Sub Script in a week or 2 possibly. So I’m going to try and find more subs to hold me over until this goes through and if I can’t at least I have 30 of these gabapentin to help me with RLS some nights. Do you know what a good dose to jump from the subs is? How long do you think I should get before I stop taking them? And do you know if the withdrawals are as bad as Methadone? I hope you’re doing well and having a good day!

By the way, regarding the gabapentin, eat 300mg every 45 minutes until you feel relief. Eating more than 300mg every 45 minutes results in most of it passing through your small intestine without being absorbed, since gabapentin, rather uniquely, is absorbed via an amino acid transporter in the small intestine, so it can only absorb at a certain rate. You will get a lot more out of it if you don't eat your dose all at once. It takes a couple of hours to reach full effect and lasts the whole day. It helps a LOT with opiate withdrawals, the only thing better that isn't an opioid is pregabalin.

@Pumpkin2021 Aye thank you very much yes I am totally off the Methadone I haven’t taken it since before he had his mental break like I said so it’s probably been like 12 days now or something like that and Yes I have a friend who gave me some Subs for free just to help me out but yea now I only have 2 Left because I took a half today when I woke up. I’m about to sign up for Medicade right now after I reply to you my mom said it’s free insurance then I can go to this place called Clean Slate and get subs I guess. So if it all goes through smooth I could have a Sub Script in a week or 2 possibly. So I’m going to try and find more subs to hold me over until this goes through and if I can’t at least I have 30 of these gabapentin to help me with RLS some nights. Do you know what a good dose to jump from the subs is? How long do you think I should get before I stop taking them? And do you know if the withdrawals are as bad as Methadone? I hope you’re doing well and having a good day!
I'm so freakin' happy for you. Well done. As far as subs go this is my opinion. I have never been on subs. They are strong so I hear maybe just 1 or 2 mgs. should be fine. You have to judge how you feel and dose only when especially yucky feeling. As the days go on start taking less and less. Personally I wouldn't take them longer than 30 days. You just beat a methadone dependence and you don't want to replace it with a suboxone one.

When you get them from your DR. try and keep your dose low. Since the methadone is out of your system the subs are going to start saturating your receptors and even though it's only a partial agonist, they are very strong. Just use them to satisfy your lingering methadone withdrawls and be very careful. Have the Dr, give you more gabapentin like @Xorkoth said and dose per his instructions on the 300 mgs and so on. ( going up every 45 minutes).

You are almost there and I could <3 n't be happier. Well Done. !!

I'm so freakin' happy for you. Well done. As far as subs go this is my opinion. I have never been on subs. They are strong so I hear maybe just 1 or 2 mgs. should be fine. You have to judge how you feel and dose only when especially yucky feeling. As the days go on start taking less and less. Personally I wouldn't take them longer than 30 days. You just beat a methadone dependence and you don't want to replace it with a suboxone one.

When you get them from your DR. try and keep your dose low. Since the methadone is out of your system the subs are going to start saturating your receptors and even though it's only a partial agonist, they are very strong. Just use them to satisfy your lingering methadone withdrawls and be very careful. Have the Dr, give you more gabapentin like @Xorkoth said and dose per his instructions on the 300 mgs and so on. ( going up every 45 minutes).

You are almost there and I could <3 n't be happier. Well Done. !!
Thank you I’m back into withdrawals been 2 days don’t feel the worst yet I took 3 gabapentin a second ago to stop the restless legs I’ll see how that goes then take 3 more as you guys said but yea not feeling to bad I just wake up in super bad moods when I’m in withdrawals so now I’m staying at my house for a couple days or however long untill I get my sub script because my girl is pregnant and I don’t want to wake up and be mean the only real problem rn is how low on energy I am and I still need to do things and it’s so hard to even get out of bed or anything I just want to lay down all do I have almost no energy anything to help with that maybe?

Thank you I’m back into withdrawals been 2 days don’t feel the worst yet I took 3 gabapentin a second ago to stop the restless legs I’ll see how that goes then take 3 more as you guys said but yea not feeling to bad I just wake up in super bad moods when I’m in withdrawals so now I’m staying at my house for a couple days or however long untill I get my sub script because my girl is pregnant and I don’t want to wake up and be mean the only real problem rn is how low on energy I am and I still need to do things and it’s so hard to even get out of bed or anything I just want to lay down all do I have almost no energy anything to help with that maybe?
So you are out of subs. I am sorry to hear that hon. Its gonna be 2 days until you get some? I know you must be feeling it now. Take more of your gabs ( if thats all you have ). Is the person you got the subs from all out and the DR. appt is coming up? Can you get Lyrica from anyone. It is much better than the gabs ( in my opinion ). Hang in there honey. DONT take any opioids as you won't be able to take your subs. Are you sleeping OK?

So you are out of subs. I am sorry to hear that hon. Its gonna be 2 days until you get some? I know you must be feeling it now. Take more of your gabs ( if thats all you have ). Is the person you got the subs from all out and the DR. appt is coming up? Can you get Lyrica from anyone. It is much better than the gabs ( in my opinion ). Hang in there honey. DONT take any opioids as you won't be able to take your subs. Are you sleeping OK?
Hey what’s up idk I think it’s going to be like 3 more days before I get insurance if everything goes right my gpa said I don’t know. And no I cant sleep at all that’s what I just got on here to tell you it’s driving me crazy I’m so out of energy and all I do is yawn all day and night but i can’t sleep at all even with these seroquil and trazodone wich are really strong sleeping pills and they are not doing anything for me I don’t even feel like I could sleep after them. I can’t stand it. And I’m starting to feel sick hopefully my insurance gets through soon.