• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NEED HELP QUITTING METHADONE ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME

I doubt anyone will close it. There's no problems with it.

I do wonder if the thread might be more at home in the dark side or health and recovery since it seems to be headed towards recovery support rather than ongoing drug harm reduction. If so we can just move it.

@negrogesic what do you think?
Alright awesome! Yea that makes sense I am looking for recovery advice.

Nope, no reason to close this. It will remain open.

Good luck, it is certainly achievable!

How much of a rush are you in to get off? You probably are gonna want at least 2 months to taper and even after that youll probably feel weird for another month or 2 though you might be able to work

How much of a rush are you in to get off? You probably are gonna want at least 2 months to taper and even after that youll probably feel weird for another month or 2 though you might be able to work
I’m in a rush like I want/need to get off as quickly as possible, because I need to be completely clean and sober by the time my first child ever is born. And my girlfriend is 15 weeks pregnant right now so I have 25 weeks until she’s due. But I need to be clean way before that because I just lost a really good job that I had for over a year because they strongly suspected I was using drugs. (I didn’t even realize how sus I was being thanks to the ole opiate fog brain effect nothing I was doing seemed weird to me.) but after my boss explained all the weird things everyone had been seeing me doing I was like oh wow. Anyways tho yes I need to get clean immediately like so fast. Because at my job I just got fired from everyone there really likes me and cares about me and they didn’t want to fire me but they can’t have me there while I’m on drugs. They said if I get clean they will take me back to work for them again and I need a job so bad rn asap because I have a little money saved up but I need an income my girlfriend is due in 25 weeks and I have to take care of her and our child. Obviously she’s working right now to but I’m the man and being jobless is not okay. And everyone worries about me so much I cause a lot of people a lot of heartache with my drug use. All I’m on is the 15mg of methadone once everyday right now. I stopped doing the fet pressed M30s because my girlfriend was staying up at night making sure I was still breathing in my sleep because she worries about me so much and I hate that she shouldn’t have to worry about me dying in my sleep or anything like that. So I need to get off the methadone ASAP because I need my job back it was a really good job and I need income bad and I don’t want anybody to worry about me anymore or have to make sure I’m still breathing that’s sad as fuck you know. Anyways though I’m also hyper sensitive to withdrawals like when I start going into w/d even just 30 min in its extreme I don’t feel the beginning or moderate stages that people describe I feel full blown horrible withdrawals right away. My stomach hurts super bad and it starts like bubbling is the only way I can describe it. Restless legs and arms I can’t stay still what so ever at all I squirm around in pain. I feel like I have to throw up and have come close, and I have to poop so bad and it’s not a good poop it hurts and there is blood. But that’s only 30 mins into withdrawals I’ve never felt them for longer than that I always get methadone in me fast. That’s why I need to taper down to like 1-3mg first as fast as I can the W/Ds scare me they feel dangerous like possibly something bad could happen to me I worry about that even getting off at a low dose.

Sorry I was busy today but:

As negro said the good news is your dose is low which will make it a lot easier. In December I jumped off 110 mg a day with only a 11 day subutex taper. It was fairly brutal.

The only advice I can really grant is one, it’s entirely possible. Two, remind yourself it will pass and you will be normal again. Three, a lot of it is mind over matter and if you tell yourself you’re dying then you’ll probably be dying if that makes sense.

The insomnia sweats and fatigue will go away after 10-14 days, and because your dose isn’t high it maybe less and more gentle than what I experienced.

Hang in there and keep your head up you can do this, if I can get off 110 mg and shooting fentanyl on top of it I know you can!!

Exercise will definitely help as would clonidine and Gabapentin, as well as benzos if you have access and can remain under control of them without trading addictions

G bless best wishes

As for the pooping yeah you’ll be having diaherrea for a while methadone really messed my stomach up. You could take 2-4 mg of Imodium for a week it would help. It will get better though

Also by the way I don’t know if this even matter but just so everyone knows I am 5 foot 6 -7 and 115 pounds so I’m pretty light and I also metabolize methadone very quickly idk if that matter but yea @OpiateKiller ima read what you just said right now.

Sorry I was busy today but:

As negro said the good news is your dose is low which will make it a lot easier. In December I jumped off 110 mg a day with only a 11 day subutex taper. It was fairly brutal.

The only advice I can really grant is one, it’s entirely possible. Two, remind yourself it will pass and you will be normal again. Three, a lot of it is mind over matter and if you tell yourself you’re dying then you’ll probably be dying if that makes sense.

The insomnia sweats and fatigue will go away after 10-14 days, and because your dose isn’t high it maybe less and more gentle than what I experienced.

Hang in there and keep your head up you can do this, if I can get off 110 mg and shooting fentanyl on top of it I know you can!!

Exercise will definitely help as would clonidine and Gabapentin, as well as benzos if you have access and can remain under control of them without trading addictions

G bless best wishes
@OpiateKiller Thank you very much Reading this gave me a lot more confidence that I’ll b fine and eventually everything will b alright again and I will return to normal, I appreciate you taking your time to help me foreal. I have a question tho a hypothetical. Let’s say I’m going through withdrawals and I’m on day 9 or whatever if the pain was to much or I felt like I was In danger and took a tiny sip of methadone to aleeviat the w/d a little bit or just for that day then went right back at it into withdrawals the next day would that one sip ruin all the progress I made going through w/d for 9 days? You know what I’m saying or would that 9 days that I went without methadone of significantly Lowerd my tolerance/dosage amount? Also I can easily get ahold of some Alprazolam Xanax if that would make things a lot easier the only problem is I black out on Xanax so easily I’m such a light weight to it for some reason everyone I know can take like 2-8mg before they BO but I BO at 0.25. If I blacked out while going through W/Ds would that be alright?

I could get a hold of Benzos and Kratom if you really think they’d make it a lot easier for me. Alprazolam Xanax would work fine? Also what is the least amount of days you can wait between a drop for tapering?
This is good ! If this were me doing it I would take 600 - 900 mgs of Lyrica twice a day and take 5-7 grams of Kratom 4 times a day. I would save my Xanax for sleeping at night ( or when I was feeling really anxious during the day ). I would drop 1 mg of methadone every other day and since I was on 15 originally I would be done in 30 days. I would have to drop the benzos and Lyrica after 2 weeks though ( for addiction reasons ) but I would still take the Kratom until the end. You can also stay on the Kratom after you are done with the methadone for any lingering after effects. I know you can do this. Happy Easter !

Two, remind yourself it will pass and you will be normal again.

I think this is worth repeating. Opioid withdrawal has this way of fucking with your head and making you feel like you HAVE to stop it and that it won't get better until you do. It's subtle, but there's a pretty profound underlying terror in withdrawal that seems to be more chemical than anything rational.

Ps. If a moderator or anyone sees this thread please do not close it. I will definitely be back with more questions I’m sure and updates and I’d like to use this same thread. If you have to I understand though.

I'm a mod here and I haven't closed it. Why would I? You've asked a perfectly reasonable question for which you have received perfectly reasonable answers. What you do with that information is up to you. But if you choose not to heed the advice given, at least it's documented for others in a similar situation to benefit from.

Last edited:
I’m in a rush like I want/need to get off as quickly as possible, because I need to be completely clean and sober by the time my first child ever is born. And my girlfriend is 15 weeks pregnant right now so I have 25 weeks until she’s due. But I need to be clean way before that because I just lost a really good job that I had for over a year because they strongly suspected I was using drugs. (I didn’t even realize how sus I was being thanks to the ole opiate fog brain effect nothing I was doing seemed weird to me.) but after my boss explained all the weird things everyone had been seeing me doing I was like oh wow. Anyways tho yes I need to get clean immediately like so fast. Because at my job I just got fired from everyone there really likes me and cares about me and they didn’t want to fire me but they can’t have me there while I’m on drugs. They said if I get clean they will take me back to work for them again and I need a job so bad rn asap because I have a little money saved up but I need an income my girlfriend is due in 25 weeks and I have to take care of her and our child. Obviously she’s working right now to but I’m the man and being jobless is not okay. And everyone worries about me so much I cause a lot of people a lot of heartache with my drug use. All I’m on is the 15mg of methadone once everyday right now. I stopped doing the fet pressed M30s because my girlfriend was staying up at night making sure I was still breathing in my sleep because she worries about me so much and I hate that she shouldn’t have to worry about me dying in my sleep or anything like that. So I need to get off the methadone ASAP because I need my job back it was a really good job and I need income bad and I don’t want anybody to worry about me anymore or have to make sure I’m still breathing that’s sad as fuck you know. Anyways though I’m also hyper sensitive to withdrawals like when I start going into w/d even just 30 min in its extreme I don’t feel the beginning or moderate stages that people describe I feel full blown horrible withdrawals right away. My stomach hurts super bad and it starts like bubbling is the only way I can describe it. Restless legs and arms I can’t stay still what so ever at all I squirm around in pain. I feel like I have to throw up and have come close, and I have to poop so bad and it’s not a good poop it hurts and there is blood. But that’s only 30 mins into withdrawals I’ve never felt them for longer than that I always get methadone in me fast. That’s why I need to taper down to like 1-3mg first as fast as I can the W/Ds scare me they feel dangerous like possibly something bad could happen to me I worry about that even getting off at a low dose.
Well its good youve got a few months at least, I was on methadone 7 years and it took me a year to taper from 100mg, was bearable but only because I went so slow. What I would recommend is try to get down to 10mg within 2 weeks, as the first bit of reduction is always easiest then wait there for another 2 weeks, or until 10mg per day causes no withdrawals. Itll start off feeling like you need to take the dose earlier and earlier but just wait out those last few hours those are what will be getting your tolerance down, it is actually probably better for you to split the dose so if you take 15mg per day now take 7.5mg every 12 hrs, itll keep you a lot more even if you are a fast metabolizer and make tapering a lot easier. Anyways once you get to 5mg twice a day and are comfortable after being there for a couple weeks then I would try and do 2mg reduction every 2 weeks. If you ever feel like another reduction is coming up and you aren't ready for it, just wait another 2 weeks at whatever dose you were already at. I really think you should give yourself a few months total though however you do it because the more you can keep the panic away the better and rushing doesn't help that at all, give yourself the full 6 months if needed cause this seems like it could be a big turning point in your life whichever way you go. The best way to describe how fast you should taper I think is that you want to be putting yourself in as much withdrawal as is consistently bearable, because even once you get off you are gonna feel messed up for a couple months most likely and you want to sort of get used to bearing through that messed up feeling. All in all you could probably get this done relatively comfortably within 3-4 months but keep in mind thats relative to some pretty terrible shit, it still wont be easy. Take it slow and always keep the reasons you are doing it front and center in your mind. You got it.

How long does it take for you to start feeling withdrawals after a dose?

Well its good youve got a few months at least, I was on methadone 7 years and it took me a year to taper from 100mg, was bearable but only because I went so slow. What I would recommend is try to get down to 10mg within 2 weeks, as the first bit of reduction is always easiest then wait there for another 2 weeks,

Yep. The first reductions will be the easiest, this is why I suggested reducing as a percentage, for example, 10% every reduction rather than 1mg every reduction.

If you reduce by a specific amount, that amount will make up an ever larger proportion of your total dose, making it harder and harder as you go on. So for instance if go down 1mg at a time from 10mg, you start with a 10% reduction and end with a 50% and then a 100% reduction. Whereas if you go as say, 10%, you'll start by dropping 1mg but by the time you're down to say, 5mg, 10% will be 0.5mg.

That way hopefully it hopefully won't hit as hard when you're getting near the point of jumping off.

I know you wanna get this over as fast as you can, and that's completely understandable. But I think you should prepare yourself for the possibility of finding you need to slow down. I'm not saying it can't be done quickly, but it's not at all uncommon for people to find it too hard, relapsing, and then ending up feeling like they've screwed up and returning to their previous use.

The slower you can go the better, but regardless, if you do end up relapsing, and I'm not suggesting that's inevitable, it's not, but it's also not uncommon and you should be prepared for it, whatever happens though, don't let your brain tell you it's pointless or lure you into resuming your previous habits. It can happen so easily as you come down.

Withdrawal isn't just physical symptoms, there's a profound psychological element, keep on the look out for feeling depressed or other feelings that make you wanna relapse. Try to remember that it's not real, it's the drugs talking, or rather your dependency to them. Things WILL get better. It just takes time.

Hey I am a 19 year old guy and I’ve been on Liquid Methadone for about 10 months. I do not go to a clinic or anything. A family member of mine does though and they’ve been giving me some for about 10 months. They let me try it and I liked it and this family member of mine is known to enable people pretty hard. They started giving it to me everyday and I was like hell yea. I did not know that a dependency to it would form so quickly. I’ve used drugs very heavily since about 10th grade so 3 years now. You name it Coke, Xans, Perc, Oxy, Molly, All the Psychedelics, the pressed M30s. A bunch of others but whatever. Anyways I have never gained a dependency to any drug before this. I had always done drugs in binges then on to the next. Come back to the same ones again a bunch but I never stayed long enough to really form a physical dependency to anything. But that wasn’t because I knew a dependency could form easily. I was actually pretty ignorant, I didn’t know that if you used opiates and or methadone for a bunch of days or even a week or two straight that you would become physically dependent on the substance and have some pretty gnarly withdrawals without it lol. So anyways this person offered it to me everyday and I took it, the sips I was taking gradually getting bigger and bigger. While also running through some fet pressed M30s on the side.( I already know I’m so stupid I can’t believe I didn’t see this coming.) So now I am dependent on Methadone and have been for about 10 months. And my girlfriend and I also recently found out she is pregnant 15 weeks right now. And I just lost a really good job I had for over a year because they suspected I was using drugs. And I tried to get another job right away but had to pass a 10 panel drug screen and I tried but yea that didn’t go the way I planned lol. And my girlfriend and family just want me to get clean and then worry about a job anyways. I have to be clean before the baby comes or I will lose the love of my life and a lot of other people I love will not be happy with me. I had a lot of chances in the past from them even before this Methadone addiction. I know I have a drug problem I have since I first tried them, and I know the psychological side of my addiction will be something I have to fight hard and I will. Anyways though I need the absolute best advice for getting off Methadone completely as fast as possible like super super fast. Right now I take 1.5ml which I measure out in this little syringe thing so I know how much I’m on. This amount does not get me high, it is a hair away from getting me a tiny buzz so right on the line. I read online that 1ml = 10mg Of Methadone and I take 1.5ml so if that’s true I take 15mg once everyday. And I have not used any other opiates for a while. So that’s all I’m on. I am hyper sensitive to withdrawals. I start feeling super strong pain within the first 10 minutes, mainly just my stomach hurting very bad and like bubbling it feels like. I feel like I have to throw up and have come very close to it. Restless legs and arms. And I have to poop so bad and it’s never a good poop. This is about all I’ve experienced as far as withdrawals go but this is all in the first 30 minutes of w/d I’ve never went longer than that I always rush to get the Methadone in me. The only reason I’m telling what my W/Ds are like is because from what I’ve read on this site those are not Mild w/d symptoms. They are worse so I’m assuming I’m hyper sensitive to them or something I don’t know. Also from what I’ve read, even going cold turkey at 5mg of Methadone is not a good time foreal and I’m taking 15mg everyday. I can do a super fast taper down to a lower mg before going cold turkey if anyone thinks that would be a good idea just let me know the best way to do that. I just need advice on how to get off of this stuff as quick as possible like super super fast foreal because I need to go get a new job but I have to get this out of the way first. I would greatly appreciate any advice seriously.
Also going to a rehab center thing is not an option I am going to do this at home I just need to know the best and fastest way to do it.
And I know Methadone W/Ds can last awhile
I worry about myself going through it though withdrawals feel dangerous foreal.
Also when I said the person giving me Methadone is known to enable people at the beginning of this that is not me trying to dodge responsibility. I CHOSE TO DRINK THE METHADONE NOBODY MADE ME DO ANYTHING I UNDERSTAND THAT FULLY. I don’t even know why I mentioned that they enable people at the beginning it doesn’t matter I chose to drink it day after day resulting in this.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. I will be checking back in on this post and reading and responding to advice.

we have a similar situation at 21 my mom started to sell me some on weekends charged me a dollar per mg lol anyways i didnt become addicted till i was 24 in 2015 im lil over 3 months off it now i didnt taper and they say it makes it worse as far as it being more drawn out if you can taper do it i had issues tapering sadly

@OpiateKiller Thank you very much Reading this gave me a lot more confidence that I’ll b fine and eventually everything will b alright again and I will return to normal, I appreciate you taking your time to help me foreal. I have a question tho a hypothetical. Let’s say I’m going through withdrawals and I’m on day 9 or whatever if the pain was to much or I felt like I was In danger and took a tiny sip of methadone to aleeviat the w/d a little bit or just for that day then went right back at it into withdrawals the next day would that one sip ruin all the progress I made going through w/d for 9 days? You know what I’m saying or would that 9 days that I went without methadone of significantly Lowerd my tolerance/dosage amount? Also I can easily get ahold of some Alprazolam Xanax if that would make things a lot easier the only problem is I black out on Xanax so easily I’m such a light weight to it for some reason everyone I know can take like 2-8mg before they BO but I BO at 0.25. If I blacked out while going through W/Ds would that be alright?
dont do it man.. thats the mistake i made i was 5.5 months clean during the xmas holidays and didnt think that taking a smaller amount that i was use to for a few days wouldnt hurt me and it reset me completely back to 0 now at 3 months i started almost losing my mind freaking out knowing i just wasted almost half a year doing withdrawals from it only to have to do it all over again

Hey everybody Happy Easter!!! I hope everybody is having a good day! Stay safe! I will read and reply to everybody tonight.

Quick Question tho. I black out on Xanax very easily. Everybody I know can take 2-8mg before they BO but I BO at 0.25mg, if I took some to help with withdrawals and BO would I be alright? Being blacked out during withdrawal.

If you black out on 0.25 mgs of Xanax just go ahead and skip ANY benzos at all for now. That is a very very mild dose and you shouldn't be blacking out on that amount so maybe benzos are not for you. Getting a little sleepy is one thing....blacking out is very BAD for a lot of reasons. Stick with the kratom and lyrica. Those 2 will keep you calm and help you sleep at night. By the time you read this you should have gotten rid of at least one mg. of your dose ( maybe 2 ) ....that is IF you are serious about giving it up for good. I'm rootin' for ya.

If you black out on 0.25 mgs of Xanax just go ahead and skip ANY benzos at all for now. That is a very very mild dose and you shouldn't be blacking out on that amount so maybe benzos are not for you. Getting a little sleepy is one thing....blacking out is very BAD for a lot of reasons. Stick with the kratom and lyrica. Those 2 will keep you calm and help you sleep at night. By the time you read this you should have gotten rid of at least one mg. of your dose ( maybe 2 ) ....that is IF you are serious about giving it up for good. I'm rootin' for ya.

Very true. And people get themselves in endless amounts of troubles both blacking out on benzos and also just getting fucked up on benzos and not realizing how impaired they are. I've seen it so many times. And Pumpkins right, that's really low amount to be blacking out on.

Also, in my experience xanax is also just one of the worst. I've seen people have problems with lots of benzos, xanax is the only one I personally have ever had problems with, and it seems to be one of the ones more prone to addiction and other issues.