• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need help! Oxycodone HCI How to trip?..

Xlokwinterx

Greenlighter
Someone just acquired Oxycodone and is wondering how to trip on them. Can someone please help them?

Details:

Pills- Oxycodone HCI 20mg modified-release. Sandoz (Assuming thats the brand)
Amount- 4 pills in total
Past experience- Taken endone once was amazing.

Can not do the water extraction thing due to discretion.

Please help.!.!.!

Someone just acquired Oxycodone and is wondering how to trip on them. Can someone please help them?

Details:

Pills- Oxycodone HCI 20mg modified-release. Sandoz (Assuming thats the brand)
Amount- 4 pills in total
Past experience- Taken endone once was amazing.

Can not do the water extraction thing due to discretion.

Please help.!.!.!
What you have is extended release Oxycodone. If you want to get high off of them, or "trip" as you called it, you will either have to crush them, dissolve them, or chew them as there is a film around the pill that causes it to slowly be released over 6 hours. A cold water extraction is only needed for pills like Percoset or Vicoden that have acetaminophen in them as acetaminophen in large amounts is terrible for your liver.

If you're opiate-naive and have no tolerance then 20mg Oxy is a good starting dose, so just chew up one of the pills to make it instant-release and swallow. Oxycodone taken orally takes about half an hour to kick in assuming it's taken on an empty stomach, so I'd recommend you don't redose if you think you don't feel it until at least an hour after the first pill. If you do redose it may be too much for you and you'll possibly get nauseous.

So, basically...chew one of the pills, swallow, wait and enjoy.

Iv heard that codeine does something to your breathing is it the same for oxycodone? And i suffer from abit of anxiety will this come into play?

Iv heard that codeine does something to your breathing is it the same for oxycodone? And i suffer from abit of anxiety will this come into play?
All opiates/opioids are CNS depressents, so yes it will slow your breathing and heart rate. However, it isn't something to worry about at 20mg of Oxycodone. Even someone who has never taken opiates before could take double that dose and it wouldn't kill them. It might make them nauseous, but everyone's different, for example I don't get nausea from opiates regardless of the dose. Anxiety won't likely be an issue for you either, if anything I find that opiates relieve any anxiety I have.

Striker that is not true. Some people are sensitive and could easily die with 30 even 20 mg. It's not likely sure, but it does happen.

What you have is extended release Oxycodone. If you want to get high off of them, or "trip" as you called it, you will either have to crush them, dissolve them, or chew them as there is a film around the pill that causes it to slowly be released over 6 hours. A cold water extraction is only needed for pills like Percoset or Vicoden that have acetaminophen in them as acetaminophen in large amounts is terrible for your liver.

If you're opiate-naive and have no tolerance then 20mg Oxy is a good starting dose, so just chew up one of the pills to make it instant-release and swallow. Oxycodone taken orally takes about half an hour to kick in assuming it's taken on an empty stomach, so I'd recommend you don't redose if you think you don't feel it until at least an hour after the first pill. If you do redose it may be too much for you and you'll possibly get nauseous.

So, basically...chew one of the pills, swallow, wait and enjoy.

You can still get high off time released opioids, especially with low tolerance.

So they chewed one like you said, didn't have an empty stomach but it took about half hour wasn't really focusing on the time. Felt really relaxed and docile, but after a while everything started to anoyy me like even the small things, things people were saying where pissing me off. Was also sweating a bit, not sure if its just hot or it was drug related. But its not been long since and they want to chew another one.. How long should they wait before they redose? They dont want to die...

You could redose whenever you wan't, you wont die if you take another 20mg but don't take more than that

I think redosing so soon is pointless try a change of activities i.e. Go for a walk or perhaps smoke some cannabis.Opiate naive people usually don't know what the feeling they are aiming for really is And/or get paradoxical reactions such as agitation instead of relaxation so they compulsively redose till they get nauseous and panicky (and start an did I OD thread. ?!! Pissing us OD regulars off)

Striker that is not true. Some people are sensitive and could easily die with 30 even 20 mg. It's not likely sure, but it does happen.
I've researched it before and 40mg is the recommended max dose for an opiates naïve from what I've found, but I still told him to start at half that because that's probably all it'd take. You can always dose more, you just can't dose less. I seriously doubt 20mg would kill him.

It may not be fatal but doubling a dose that is clearly perceptible isn't really advisable. I'd suggest splitting a pill into two and consuming 30mg before jumping to 40mg.

Becoming "irritable," as Xlokwinterx described, has been part of my oxycodone experience as well. It usually happens after an initial euphoria, but long before the drug starts to "wear off."

The psychology behind it all encourages re-dosing. That is, since opiates are supposed to extinguish your worries, one thinks that they should take more when this side effect is encountered. But for me, it just restarts the cycle.

I assume this is an uncommon problem. I tend to have the more unusual reactions to drugs in general, but I still get the nod and "opium fantasy" dreams from oxycodone.