• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids need help guys

Atokad11

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I have been clean of opiates since January 21.. I still sleep no more than four hours a night and was curious as to how long this will last. I started using Iv heroin at age 18 am 23 now did 1.5 years of .5-1 g of raw or about 180 mg of morphine daily intravenously...i just want to know when can I fucking sleep. It's effecting my life and have no insurance for dr.
thanks..

Btw I smoke cannabis daily and take benzod quite frequently. I can fall asleep fine but I can not stay asleep and wake up..I'm employed and my job requires vigorous physical activity so excercise/natural endorphin production seems not to be attributing to the insomnia. I may be wrong though.

Another question I have been pondering quite frequently... It seems as though the majority( in my opinion) of people who use and abuse opiates share similar personality traits, why the fuck do we do this to ourselves? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for open minds

Another question I have been pondering quite frequently... It seems as though the majority( in my opinion) of people who use and abuse opiates share similar personality traits, why the fuck do we do this to ourselves? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for open minds

We all have our reasons why we do drugs......some peoples reasons are far more interesting & makes more sense as to why they are doing drugs than say someone that has had the perfect family upbringing, great friends & a great job.

As for will you be able to sleep normal again, it may take quite a bit longer .....you're smoking weed & taking benzos. I know for me, benzos after a while would keep me wide awake. You don't want a benzo habit......seems that you're trading one addiction for another, & a benzo habit is much more severe than an opiate habit.

That's simply P.A.W.S (Post acute w/d syndrome).
5 years of using Heroin is A LOT.
You're body is going to need way more time than a few months to recover.
When you re-search Heroin W/d, PAWS. They say it can last for YEARS. You're already done with the hard part, congrats on that.
patience is key with PAWS, no one can tell you how long they last exactly, but I'm telling you, as an experienced opiate user, just be patient and it will ALL be gone one day.
Be cautious, once you use again, you're going to land right from the start, and have to do it all over again. NOT WORTH IT.
Most people can't finish the Physical part of W/D (the 1st week), you've been clean for months, so just be patient and you will feel normal again one day.

Best of luck,
-Methacodone

After a few years of non stop weed smoking I wasn't able to sleep more than 4/5 hours straight. So I guess smoking weed isn't a good help either in the long run.
I never used opiates so I can't say when this will get better. But I'm pretty sure you're better off without them and better sleep will come eventually. Big ups on becoming clean. Just be aware of benzo addiction. That shit sounds like hell.

I find when I smoke weed for extended periods of time I sleep a little longer than normal maybe a extra hour though I'm normally like a robot 6 hrs every night without fail you could set a watch by me haha .When I was coming of methadone ,weed did wonders I slept fine almost every night . Which really helped as I find the not sleeping the hardest part of W/D