• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Need help fighting GHB addiction of a friend

probalola

Greenlighter
My friend stupidly enough found himself stuck in a 24/day GHB habit. I told him to get help on drugs-related forums, but he has no idea how this works. I told him to type me a message, and I would post it for him. Here is what he sent me (text is translated btw):

Quick timeline:
- used phenibut recreationally
- underestimated phenibut and abused it
- suffered from withdrawal
- to fight the withdrawals, used gbl
- got stuck in gbl addiction, switched to ghb

Right now I have used G for 1,5 months, of which 1 month 24/7. I use 8 doses of 8ml a day. Last week tried to stop cold turkey, but suffered from horrible withdrawals (sweats, shaking, heart almost exploded, anxiety, paranoia). Decided to get back on G after 8 hours. This has happened twice. I reached out to professional help but have to wait 2 weeks, possibly longer after the initial meeting. In the mean time, my addiction is getting worse. I want to try and quit this week, but have some questions:
- Should I taper or quit cold turkey with the help of some additional drugs maybe? (I have phenibut, but have a history of daily use in small dosages (~1,5g a day))
- Can I expect withdrawals to get any worse beyond 8 hours, or is that as worse as they get?
- Will the use of phenibut 3g a day help a lot in easing the withdrawals?
- Is going in withdrawal on my own too dangerous and should I wait for professional help, even if my 1 month addiction will be a 2-3 month addiction by the time I will receive treatment?

Any other tips or insights are welcome!

I don't recommend Phenibut as it also works on the Gaba-B receptors. Your usage is moderate at best albeit your dosages are high considering you are acquiring good product. My suggestion is to but your dosages in half to 8ml 4x per day and see how you feel, and taper from there...Are you sure it's GHB and not diluted GBL? I've used GHB 24/7 for half a year and experienced minimal WDs...Also, get some benzos.

I posted your reply to my friend and he gave tehse answers:

So using phenibut will only postpone most of the withdrawals? I have read other topics of people saying phenibut helped them a lot in quitting G.

8ml 4 times a day will be a pretty big taper. This will put in pretty bad withdrawals 4 times a day. Maybe 8 times 4ml will provide the same results?

I am indeed not sure whether it's GHB or GBL, but GBL bites and GHB just tastes salty. This stuff definitely tastes salty. Of course, it could be diluted. Benzo's might be a good idea, use this while tapering or only when quitting completely?

Thanks!

Wait until your friend is in GHB withdrawals, take a minimum amount of GHB to make them go away, time how long it takes for withdrawals to show up again, develop a dosing schedule that will gradually decrease the GHB dose

if what you have is a salty tasting liquid then it's almost certainly a solution of sodium GHB in water