• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Need help dealing with rolling veins and shooting up (a lot of questions)

808s

Greenlighter
I've shot up a total of about 5 times. my buddy can hit like first try or within a couple times. i have my buddy hit me. with me tho it takes at least 10 tries but eventually we can hit. but today we tried for like 30 min and couldn't hit so now i just got a fat shot sitting here and i can't hit myself. do you guys have any tips on finding veins to hit and dealing with what i was told i have "rolling veins"? also I've had a shot in a syringe for about 4 hours now. is it still safe to shoot it up? or should i like add some more water and re cook it? I'm scared of like bacteria or some shit growing in it. also when injecting the needle into the arm should the bevel be facing up.

this shit is just really frustrating. i hate to bring race into it but my buddy is white and I'm darker skinned and he can see his veins like way easier than i can see mine. any help would be appreciated. I'm going fucking insane cuz i have a fat shot just sitting here and i can't hit.

If there's blood in the syringe it has by now coagulated, it is not safe to use although i've heard of people doing it. I don't think rolling veins is the issue here, especially when using a no doubt very blunt needle while being inexperienced. When the needle tip is not sharp anymore ofcourse it's going to be much more likely going to slide around the vein rather than penetrate directly in.

GET NEW SYRINGES. I recommend terumo 27G as they are require much less effort to manipulate the plunger. Good luck.

Hey OP, first off YES the bevel should be up. This makes it slide into the vein much more easily. Are you using new rigs every time? Sometimes I find that if I am having trouble hitting, switching to a fresh, sharp syringe can make all the difference. As far as your shot goes, I would respectfully disagree with Hecticus (above), and say that unless the barrel is really full of blood, you should be OK to refilter and use it. I have done so anyway, multiple times, without incident...I wouldn't do it much past 6-8 hours, but 4 should be ok. Your main problem might be blood clogging up the needle tip, so it would probably be good to refilter.

In terms of hitting yourself, it's best not to rush it, especially if you are relatively new to IV use. You only get one set of veins, so treat them as well as you can...you didn't say whether you use a tourniquet, but if you don't, it can really help you find visible veins. So can doing 5-10 mins of exercise before your shot-pushups work great, jumping jacks, swinging your arm in circles, etc. Sounds a little weird but it helps a lot. And take your time-sticking yourself over and over can make you anxious and on edge, which you don't want.

i use new rigs every time. i also use a belt. I'm thinking about injecting into my get or hands cuz those seem to be the only places where I'm really veiny any help is greatly appreciated cuz I'm going fucking insane just having a fat shot here i can't use cuz i can't hit myself. and my buddy hits like first time every time. I've tried doing push ups and exercise and my veins still aren't any more visible. please i need fucking help this is driving me fucking insane. any tips? any like "guaranteed" places to hit? I've heard about the crook in your elbow and a day two ago i was able to hit the but we've been trying and no luck. and tricks to hitting in the crook of your elbow??

I'm sorry you're having trouble...I have definitely been there before.

Try tying off below the elbow and checking out your hands...there is a good vein running in the fleshy part between your thumb and index finger, which will puff up visibly if you tie off low enough...I used that one exclusively for way too long, it's a good one. Also try the upper part of the arm, there is a good visible vein on the side of your bicep. Basically, look for visible blue...those are veins. I don't know how you feel about shooting into your legs, but your calves and ankles have a lot of good veins too. For example the one running on the inner side of your ankle, just by the knob of bone at the base.

Found this thread with some vein maps which would probably help: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...w-to-find-a-vein-to-IV-Need-tips-to-find-them

One last tip which helps me when I am desperate....try taking a hot shower, or even sitting in the bathroom with the shower on (hot). After 5 or 10 minutes check out your arm/hand/leg/whatever. 99 times out of 100, when I do this, veins I had never even noticed before are suddenly visible.

There are not really any "guaranteed" places to hit, but if you are careful and inject bevel up, at a VERY slight angle, you will start to realize it's easier than it seems at first.

You IV'ers *shakes head*

Simple rules of IV .... I have thin/rolling veins as well. Heat packs work wonders..

Hydrate prior
Arms down, always
Heat packs (apply when you're strapped)
Needle size (21 guage is good)

I don't IV because I got some weird ass veins...I'd shoot through my heel before my arms. I'd be one to use a butterfly needle, too. Lol