• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos need help - Benzos withdrawal with Lyrica and Tegretol - feeling very weird.

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hi guys,
I really need help about this; I have been an addict to opioids for 3 years, mostly Tramadol and Codeine; always mixing it with Carisoprodol and most importantly: almost every benzodiazepine that exists; mostly Alprazolam and Bromazepam.

I had a lot of downs but at the last time I survived with some Diazepam, some Clonazepam, some Codeine... etc.
This happened for almost 4 years. I cannot do this anymore. I feel that my body is at the point of not surviving the mix of drugs I have taken in these 3 or 4 years. LSD, 2-CE, Tramadol, Codeine, Diazepam, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Bromazepam, roophies, Tegretol, Lyrica, Cocaine, Ketamine, Modafinil.
I dont regret taking these marvelous drugs that made me feel like Alice in Wonderland, like Rambo, like Mario Bross and Sonic. But its enough. ENOUGH. I have to stop this. I have tried to kill myself two times, obviously failing. I had three seizures because of Tramadol.

A lot of time happened, and thankfully (I dont believe in god) I am not addict to any drug, except one: benzodiazepines.
I even could live for months without an opioid. But I cannot stop taking benzos. I am at the boiling point of dying or successfully killing myself. Benzos withdrawal, you know how it feels. Its living in an inferno. Every sense its hurting you a little. You are in despair. Its doom.

Well, I am again recovering from a benzo withdrawal from a LOT of Alprazolam, some Tramadol, and a nice amount of Lyrica. I have taken this drugs like three weeks ago for 2 months.

But I am recovering now.
But, I am recovering for real?

I hope that some people will understand what im trying to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt have access to benzos from the start of this withdrawal. I slowly took my few Alprazolam tablets, reducing the amount until I have no more.
The hell started. Thanksfully, I purchased some Tegretol some time ago, and I found that it helped a lot of people with benzos withdrawal. So I started to take them. I knew they interact with a lot of drugs, but I felt a little better after take 200, 400 or 600 mg per day. I didnt want to take them. I knew the danger, but I have nothing.
Then, a friend helped me with 2 10mg Diazepam pills per day. I immediately started to feel better. But I still had a hell of headaches. Craneal pain. It wasnt enough.
Thanksfully to my friend, I could return to my work, and then buy a box of 50 6mg Bromazepam. This was today.
I also took 600mg Tegretol today, before I could purchase the Bromazepam. My friend is giving me 4 10mg Diazepam pills per day now. Another friend gave me a box of 28 150mg Lyrica pills that I purchased a time ago.
I took 2 150mg Lyrica pills.
My appetite came again. I started to ate a lot of more food.

But im afraid. I feel that this mix of Tegretol, Lyrica, Bromazepam and Diazepam are not the correct meds to withdrawal.
I am not feeling ok, im starting to get high again. But I HAD TO STOP THE HEADACHES. Please someone that passed through this, understand me.

ANY words will help me. Even if you say that im the most stupid people on earth.

Please someone understand me. Benzos withdrawal and these weird meds- Tegretol and Lyrica. I am recovering, but I know I cannot withdrawal with this.

Thanks for reading.

In a nutshell, tapering slowly with diazepam while using lyrica and possibly tegretol (or another anticonvulsant) towards the end of the taper, would be best. Thats my short answer, surely someone can tell you more. I'd write out a taper schedule if I had time (what is your tolerance? if 20mg diazepam can hold you then you could taper from there), there's a really good website with tapering schedules in the OD directory or somewhere, I think its from benzo.org.uk . Best of luck to you.

edit: Here you go, check this out: http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr ashtons benzos tapering schedule seems to be a reliable option, but they uses a lot of Alprazolam in particular for the tapering -not an option for me right now because I have no Alprazolam right now, and you can tell for yourselves how better I am feeling now based on how im writting this, the Lyrica, Caffeine and 6mg Bromazepam today morning made me feel euphoric and im working brilliantly :\ I am really confused.

Do you think it would be "safe" to ask a random doctor about my problem, and tell him that I need to taper specifically with Lyrica, Tegretol, Bromazepam and Diazepam, because im broken right now and have no money?

well, you can switch the xanax with equivalent doses of diazepam :)

i wouldn't see any harm in asking another doctor about your situation either.

best of luck

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr ashtons benzos tapering schedule seems to be a reliable option, but they uses a lot of Alprazolam in particular for the tapering -not an option for me right now because I have no Alprazolam right now, and you can tell for yourselves how better I am feeling now based on how im writting this, the Lyrica, Caffeine and 6mg Bromazepam today morning made me feel euphoric and im working brilliantly :\ I am really confused.

Do you think it would be "safe" to ask a random doctor about my problem, and tell him that I need to taper specifically with Lyrica, Tegretol, Bromazepam and Diazepam, because im broken right now and have no money?

ashtons schedules dont use a lot of alprazolam, in fact they don't use ANY alprazolam. that's just in the beginning for crossing over to diazepam, BEFORE you begin tapering. her tapers are diazepam only. if you only have diazepam, thats fine for her tapers, just skip the crossover.