• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Need Help ASAP Heroin Detox

reasonfreak

Greenlighter
Hello to anyone who is listening. This is my first post on bluelight. I created this account to seek advise. I am quitting heroin after using 2 grams a day for the past year. I need to know where to ask a few questions. Specifically about a Suboxon induction and taper schedule. I have 56mg of Suboxon and have no idea how to create a plan. Please help.

Hey I'm with you, I'm also quitting . Just did my last shot which was very disappointing (even though it was a big shot) seems to be another sign to quit .
I have only 16 mgs subuxone so you should be good.
What's the longest you can tolerate before taking it ? Cause you gotta wait 20-24 hours minimum , it would be optimal if you waited 36 but not everyone can .
I personally can never take it for some reason even when I have it . I either go cold turkey or I relapse .

How many hours has it been for you? Do you have any other mess like gabapentin Xanax or cannabis to help you? I'll be on bluelight all week while under my covers shaking so feel free to update

Best thing to do is get a Suboxone doctor and do the initial dose under supervision.
If that is not an option for you, yes you will need to get your system clean for safely 24 hours... You don't want precipitated withdrawals. You take a considerably high dose of Heroin, and Suboxone will kick that off your receptors if you start taking it too soon, and that would be a mindfuck.
IMO, you'll need more than a supply of 56mg of Suboxone to do this comfortable.
Check out http://www.buppractice.com/node/12106 for a proper induction method.

With two grams a day I'd imagine just starting off with 16mg. My Sub doctor has specified that there is no benefit of Suboxone past 16mg.
But to do this more effectively, follow that guide I linked. Start off with 4mg... wait half an hour.. take another 4mg every 30 mins until WD subside.
To do this most effectively, consult a Suboxone doctor. It's so much easier than you think.
Not judging, but you have a decent heroin habit.. believe me, I have been there. I would recommend a comforable long taper of Suboxone. It worked for me.

By long taper I mean like 1mg of Suboxone a month.
I was induced 6mg of Suboxone a day after a 6 year dependance. My dose was considerably lower however I had gone almost 5 days cold from Heroin.
Doctor wanted me to do .5mg per month over the next year. I sped up the process and did it in 3 months.
Tapered 2mg within two weeks, then tapered 1mg every two weeks, and for last 2mg I tapered .5 every two weeks.

Basically tapered every two weeks starting at 6mg -> 4mg -> 3mg-> 2mg-> 1.5mg-> 1mg->.5mg.
Was quite a bit faster than my doc recommended, but it was still comfortable. A bit of discomfort on the last 2mg which I could have done way slower. Doctor recommended .5 a month for the last 2mg down to .25 until you "forget to take it".

basically, find the dose that holds you by gradually increasing upwards from, say, 2mg until you're not sick.
then stay on that dose for a few days, the reduce 0.5mgs, and keep doing this every week or two weeks.

thats a super​ basic reduction strategy

My intention of logging my experience thru bluelight is to help gather resources for myself and for others.

I would like to put a list together of all methods to help cope with the transition out of everyday opiate use. I think it would be useful to create a sort of survival guide as well as a calendar / checklist to follow everyday. During the worst parts of withdrawal I find it is best if you can just autopilot thru it by following instructions blindly.

Stick with it man! I took my last shot yesterday around 8pm. I am going to try to make it to the 48 hour mark before I start the subs. In the past I usually cant make it past the 24 hour point so here goes..
So being that i have failed so many times in the past I am going to try to take a different approach. I am going to the supermarket / vitamin store to stock up on other items that help cope with the transition.
I am going to post a list of all the items I pick up.
I have found that the vitamins, supplements, and exercise are some of the easiest things to overlook but can also be the difference between making or not. I really recommend having all the good stuff to put in your body on hand and ready to go is key.

I am about to go pick up a bunch of groceries along with these items. Feel free to add to this list.

Kava Kava
Melatonin
Broad Spectrum Mineral Supplement
loperamide
Kratom
L-Tyrosine
Vitamin B6
Phenibut (if I can find it)
good multi vitamin
fish oil
a good probiotic
some booze (hard liquor)
lots of healthy easy to eat food
whey powder / green super food supplement.
quality multi vitamin
emergen-C

Gorillaboy I have a couple etizolam, three .5 mg clonazepam, a big bottle of gabapintin, a half G of crystal for a few days in when I am dead on my feet, lots of weed and edibles, and a few doses of GHB.

wow this is impressive I have never heard of such a low dose working. I am really into the idea of using it so sparingly but not sure how effective it will be for someone with a habit like mine.

I feel you... =/
How many more hours have you given yourself until you can start your subs?

i have a ton of subs i could get u... they take away ALL withdrawl symptoms and if u dont use them past the 7-10 withdrawal period u will not get addicted

I did not see that you had that many Subs I apologize you should not need that many you that is a lot of Suboxone milligrams start out with for at 36 hours if you can make it 24 at the earliest otherwise you'll go into precipitated withdrawal meaning it will Rip the rest of the heroin that is in your system out and then it won't work so try to wait as long as possible and then only take 4 milligrams wait 2 hours and if that doesn't work take another 4 for two days take 8 milligrams then go down to 4 for a day and a half then too otherwise you're just going to be addicted to Suboxone and those withdrawals are worse than heroin trust me

Nearing the 24 hour mark here & my stomach is very upset, it's noisy & grumbly, I got fentanyl patches today from my doc so I'm cutting them up to small strips & sucking on them or letting them sit between my cheek & gum. This is hard guys. I'm determined to quit, I'm not gonna be a slave no more :)

Well, first order of business, if you're serious, would to stop the fentanyl.

Pretty much once you're in full blown withdrawal, you can take the suboxone. A rule of thumb I always used once I hit at least the 18 hour mark since my last shot, I'd wait until I absolutely couldn't bare it anymore, wait one more hour and take a sub.

With bupe, less is more. For detox, 8mg is just as good as a jumpoff point as 16mg. I wouldn't take it more than 5-7 days either. Longer than that you run the risk of getting sick from bupe withdrawal which, chances are, you'll go straight back to the dope. Or continue using bupe long term, which is debatably worse in terms of withdrawal.

A regimen that always tended to work for me, personally, which is also pretty standard in most detox facilities is as follows:
Day One: 8mg
Day Two: 4mg in the morning, 4mg at night
Day Three: 4mg in the morning, 2mg at night
Day Four: 2mg, AM/2mg,PM
Day Five: 2mg, AM

If any of the following are available, id definitely supplement these as well:
Valium, Librium, low dose Klonopin for sleep. Maybe some Gabapentin.
Marijuana can help with cravings, appetite, and over all mood, but I know that's not everyone's thing.
Immodium as needed for diarrhea. Though, personally, I get extremely contributed when I take bupe, so you may need a stool softener instead.
Even after 5 days, of bupe you're still not going to be 100%. The biggest issue at that point is insomnia, so definitely implement whatever can help you sleep at night. Rest makes a huge difference. Withdrawal peaks around 3-4 days so remember, as shitty as it may be, you're already in the home stretch. If you use at this point you will be as sick as you were on day one. Just chill out, watch some mindless TV, eat some healthy foods, take long baths, do some cardio if you feel up to it. Keep positive thoughts, as long as you're still alive, you're not doomed to that life. You can do it as long as you're determined

Thanks for the replies. My last shot was Thursday night around 9pm. I made it until today at 12pm to take my first dose of sub. Started with 8mg. I have been crazy tired zero energy but the major wd symptoms have pretty much gone away. Dealing with the exhaustion is the thing that pulls me back into using in the past. I took a few hits of crystal for a boost and that works for now but i cant keep that up. Any advise for getting your energy back would be a huge help. Even with subs i am so tired. Not sure how I am going to manage at work this week.

Even with a pretty big habit, 8mg suboxone should be fine to bring you out of withdrawal. Even with the meanest habits, a whole sub is usually enough to take the sting out of withdrawal. I think like twice ever I had take12mg.
You really don't wanna go over 12 anyway. Stays in your system a long time and makes subsequent dosing a little more unpredictable, plus if you fall off the wagon, you won't feel a shot of anything for days.

IME, quick sub tapers are relatively painless, but near impossible to actually stay clean with. I've never used/needed any comfort meds while taking suboxone.

Gabapentin - I could probably detox with just high doses of this stuff if I had to.
Benzos - hit or miss. Some people swear by them, but personally benzos makes me wanna get high super bad.
Cannabis - I am really high on weed for withdrawal. I've never detoxed without it. For people who aren't super potheads though, it can make certain symptoms worse.

All this said, its no small task. If you just desire to be clean, but haven't really thought much about suffering to get there, its damn near impossible. We all want there to be a magic pill, but the road to sobriety is treacherous. I always get turned around somehow myself.

Heroin is for escapists who want to die. There, I expressed my opinion on the matter!