• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Need excuse for suboxone withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahn

Bluelighter
So ive been on and off subs for the past 8 years. this most recent time has been about 14 months and i'm ready to quit. I do not have enough to properly taper, but that isnt my concern. my concern is that ive been on the subs in secret. my friends, family, and roommate all have no idea i've been taking them and have been under the impression that i've been %100 clean, and it would kill them to know that i went back on subs. I can accept/handle the wd, but i really need a good excuse for why i'm going to be so sick for so long. All i can think is tell them its the flu, but the flu wouldnt kick my ass for weeks on end...not to mention wouldnt give me anxiety/insomnia/restless leg syndrome/etc. i realize the easiest answer/right thing to do would be to just come clean with them, but id prefer to bear this burden alone and keep it to myself. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

All i can think is tell them its the flu, but the flu wouldnt kick my ass for weeks on end

The flu (as in "an actual influenza virus infection", not just "a bad case of the common cold") can easily kick your ass for 2 weeks (and 3 probably wouldn't be unheard of), and it isn't uncommon for people to feel physically weakened and mentally foggy for weeks even after the fever and coughing has subsided.

Right...but also keep in mind my roommate/family know my history of addiction all too well, and I'm sure could spot the differences between flu and wd symptoms. Plus opiate wds never rly give me nausea, just everything else under the sun lol. I dunno if i can explain away anxiety, skin crawls, restless leg syndrome, insomnia, bouts of crying like a bitch, etc with the flu lol. But dont get me wrong i appreciate ur input buddy! The more I think about it the more I'm realizing I'm kinda screwed.

Even if you could handle the wd well enough on its own, adding the "secret coming out" factor to it WHILE you're in wd is a different story, something you probably already know and might have even thought of this but now that it's all really coming clear to you, I suggest you re evaluate. Best of luck.

Mono could kick your ass for a few months. Honestly though you will likely be suspected of withdrawing from opioids.

Trying to do this in the dark makes your chance of relapse even higher. That on top of the fact that the relapse rate is depressingly high to begin with.

I would completely re-evaluate your situation as well as enrolling into some out patient services. If your serious about getting off you can't recover in secret. Count yourself lucky that you have family to support you in your recovery.

Maybe low dose of kratom to help a bit? Know it's not the same as CT, but it might be worth having some around.

Use immodium (in regular people not addict amounts) to bind yourself up and power through it. If anyone notices be vague and say you aren't feeling well and don't know what it is.

Is this sort of thing really using our collective knowledge for the best. I have utter sympathy for your situation and have even been through nearly identical occurrences in my own life. "Why are you so sick?". You've pretty much nailed it on your own. There is not a "good" excuse for being violently ill; a shaking, shivering mess, leaking from all holes.

Like I said my man, I have sympathy for you and your situation. I, too, am an Opioid addict "in recovery". We're all here to help each other out as best we can, but you reach a point with material like this, where you are merely seeking advice on how to best and most completely deceive loved ones and those close to you. On a personal level, I advise against the venture. You should be honest. It will be so much easier on you and everyone you love. If your people don't support relatively responsible usage of maintenance drugs like Buprenorphine, then they are ignorant and can't be actively involved in this aspect of your life.

Pending Closure.

Not the same as CT? I'm sorry what does CT stand for?

CT stands for Cold Turkey, as in quick & dirty. Taper is using what you have in a controlled and slow reduction of daily intake so as to make the WD process longer but more bearable. A taper takes some heavy duty will power though or someone that can dispense your meds on a daily basis, otherwise you could end up staring at your stash like Gollum at the Ring of power, rationalizing ways to take a little extra today and make up for it tomorrow.

Tbh it seems like you are at a crossroads of coming clean to the Fam or hiding a WD. I have to agree with Keif' that honesty is probably best but you need to decide.

I'm going to close this now. PM me if things change and you truly need this reopened. Good Luck Pahn

Status
Not open for further replies.