• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Need advise on how to deal with American Italians who say Im not Italian.

Isnortice91

Bluelighter
I was born in Monte Cassino Italy. My little brother has white tan skin with blonde hair and green eyes.
I unfortunately was cursed with being the only brown skin Italian besides my granpapa in the family . In America I have a hard time fitting in around other Italians because my skin is brown. How can I explain I am Italian without being judged?
In Italy I am accepted as a Italian I speak Italian when I took a DNA genetics saliva test it came back as Southern European with 76% being Italian and 9% being Greek and 15% Eastern European area of origin was Bulgaria . So I am majority Italian blood in me but yet in America I cannot claim Italian without being shot down by someone accusing me that I'm lying and they are more Italian then me even tho they don't speak Italian and just look more white then me.
I do not hate white people my little brother is white and I love him . But I can't stand these American Italians who cling on the movie God Father and conflate Italian with having white skin only.

How do I find other Italians like my self to hang out with?. Thanks for reading.

Here's a picture of me.You decide if I don't look Italian . At this point I don't care anymore I just want to find out if there are other brown skin Italians out there besides my self. I'm starting to feel lonely.15192619_1668577360099188_8868362789523460130_n.jpg

You look Italian to me. Mind you I am an Aussie and didn't associate Italy with blonde and pale skin, a mate got together with a guy that moved here from Northern Italy and he didn't look Italian to me, blonde blue eyes and pale skin. But he had body hair, a chiseled jaw and very thick Italian accent. He since died of suicide via psychosis and leaves behind a beautiful blonde son with all his features. Very sad.

Genetics are only part of it. You are Italian, shrug off what others say you are and keep better company hun.

Maybe when you are not banned we can talk about it.

Yeah Im an Aussie who spent most of his life in company of Italians. Some were dark, some were light, blonde, dark hair, it was never considered an issue.

I agree with the concept that you are who you are, I have found that it can be a blessing in disguise, if someone cant accept you for being you then its an easy decision to not include them in your life.

I was born in Monte Cassino Italy. My little brother has white tan skin with blonde hair and green eyes.
I unfortunately was cursed with being the only brown skin Italian besides my granpapa in the family . In America I have a hard time fitting in around other Italians because my skin is brown. How can I explain I am Italian without being judged?
In Italy I am accepted as a Italian I speak Italian when I took a DNA genetics saliva test it came back as Southern European with 76% being Italian and 9% being Greek and 15% Eastern European area of origin was Bulgaria . So I am majority Italian blood in me but yet in America I cannot claim Italian without being shot down by someone accusing me that I'm lying and they are more Italian then me even tho they don't speak Italian and just look more white then me.
I do not hate white people my little brother is white and I love him . But I can't stand these American Italians who cling on the movie God Father and conflate Italian with having white skin only.

How do I find other Italians like my self to hang out with?. Thanks for reading.

Here's a picture of me.You decide if I don't look Italian . At this point I don't care anymore I just want to find out if there are other brown skin Italians out there besides my self. I'm starting to feel lonely.View attachment 21040
In your icon where you have longer hair you look more Eastern European, in the picture of you with the short hair you look slightly more Greek or Southern European.

The DNA test ethnicity estimates are not accurate as different DNA testing companies give you different results.

Just ignore the other people. Italian people look all different and someone's hair and eye colour and complexion are not an issue.

Just remind them that their people had been raped and ran sacked by the Moors and later on the morrocans.

Dark Italians have a history of facing racism on the US, with many derogatory names for such looking ppl. Especially from the southern bits. I could go on about this for some time but then where'd my day go?

Here's a picture of me.You decide if I don't look Italian . At this point I don't care anymore I just want to find out if there are other brown skin Italians out there besides my self. I'm starting to feel lonely.View attachment 21040

Just tell 'em to fuck off.

My bambinis are half Italian and black.

My fiancé is German and Italian.
Italian from what I see are very feisty and pissy.

My fiancé mom always complains about how I’m mental or don’t work and she cussed me out until I stood up and stood my ground.