L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Need advice Vo.1 AKA I've been stupid

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I was kinda stupid online and now I don't know what to do.

I swear to God this isn't catfishing and that is something I never meant to do.

So reddit has an /amihot subreddit where people post a pictures or pictures of themselves and get peoples honest opinions, how they couple improve etc. There was this really good looking guy on there so I commented letting him know my opinion. He sent me a private message and we've been flirting back and forth for the last several days. Two days ago I suddenly realize he thinks I'm a girl. I use my real name on there and thought that would make it pretty obvious I was a guy. Thing is I have feeling for him now because he's such a sweet guy and he makes me laugh, so I just didn't know what to say. So I haven't said anything. And now he wants to exchange pictures and I just don't know what to do or say.

Advise, anyone?

If it's not going to work out, why waste your time? Tell him you're a guy, see what happens

You're right. He was about to send me pics of himself so I had to quickly send a message to him explaining the situation because I wouldn't feel right having him send pics when he thought I was someone else. I haven't had a reply as it's only been a couple minutes but I'm assuming I won't hear anything from him again :(
I'm always so lonely and it was so nice having someone make me feel special for once..

Why not just drop communication

so easy

live life in the fast lane, sanic go fast, and so on.

Why not just drop communication

so easy

live life in the fast lane, sanic go fast, and so on.

Because sad and extremely lonely and desperate? It makes it so I have a very, VERY difficult time letting anyone go, even if I don't know them that well.
I'm like 96% borderline (explains it all, really)

It's cool either way. He apparently doesn't care I'm a guy because he already really likes me...guess I worried for nothing.

Sorry, I think some of the crazy leaked out here, I'm usually better at hiding it lol.

Get some therapy it wouldn’t hurt things.

Learn to love yourself.

It’s stuff I too work on.

Get some therapy it wouldn’t hurt things.

Learn to love yourself.

It’s stuff I too work on.

I think the start would be trying to believe I'm Real. I mean, I know I exist but I'm not Real the same way other people are. I can do a good impression of being Real, but it's just a mask.
I don't think I *should* love myself. I'm a terrible person. I'm completely amoral for one and extremely selfish.

I think I might ask my doctor to be referred for therapy, though.

CE, look for a dialectical behavior therapist.

Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is used for borderline personality disorder, as well as unhelpful patterns of thoughts/behaviors like suicidal ideation or self harm. It's becoming more widely adopted.

Best of luck.

You can still have some morals, some standards, and do your best. We're all human, we all slip up some times. Selfishness is a positive trait in some respects. It doesn't mean you are limited to only negative personality traits/behaviors. You can change.

I think the start would be trying to believe I'm Real. I mean, I know I exist but I'm not Real the same way other people are. I can do a good impression of being Real, but it's just a mask.
I don't think I *should* love myself. I'm a terrible person. I'm completely amoral for one and extremely selfish.

I think I might ask my doctor to be referred for therapy, though.

most people are selfish

its how we exist and function

some co-operate more and thats because of group survival

but ultimately its cos we all want ourselves to live

CE -

Is this guy bisexual? Does he like you like a friend or like someone he thinks is hot? I don’t mean to be nosy, but I worry that something is a bit off here. Seems weird for a straight guy to want to remain friends knowing that you have feelings for him...or anyone for that matter.

Either way, good luck! I wish you the best.

- VE