• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need Advice regarding opiate replacement

gandalf1

Greenlighter
Need Advice regarding opiate replacement (Kratom/Xanax)

Hi All-

I am out of Hydro's today and need advice on what would be best to take in the interim based on what I have access to. I am on a current run of 45-50mg Hydro per day for the last month or so and have the following:

15 - .5mg Xanax
50 - 750 Kratom capsules.

I have never taken Kratom before and am somewhat apprehensive on doing so because of liver issues I have read about. I also do not know what to expect as far as how it will affect me and will be at work all week. I just need to get through for the next 3 days or so and be able to work.

What would you all recommend? Take only the Xanax, or only the Kratom or a combo? Need to be able to sleep at night and function all day.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Last edited:
How much kratom is in the capsules? Because I'd say taken 1mg of xanax (2mg if you have a tolerance to them) and 6g of kratom leaf/powder would make you feel better; maybe not completely but at least a little bit better. Need to know the capsule dosage and whether its leaf or extract to really tell ya how much to take.

You dont have a hulk sized tolerance to opioids like me so a benzo and some kratom should maqke you feel way better.

Hi Spider. Sorry, the capsules are 750mg dried powdered leaf. Should have specified in my original post. (I have 50 of them.)

i would start with 6 capsules that gives you 4.5grams. then work your way up from there. It usually doesnt take to much kratom to help push away withdrawals for a few hours. If you're looking to get high you'll need more kratom but like you said you have liver issues so stay with smallest dose you can manage. I've always stayed away from capsules, ordering your own ground leaf is a better way to go but that doesnt mean your capsules are bunk. so start with 4-6 grams and work your way to the sweet spot from there. I'd personally take xanax at the same time but since you've never done kratom and in the essence of harm reduction maybe find your sweet spot before taking the xannies.

Here is a link with dosage information and titrating up info:
http://www.kratom.la/kratom-guide/kratom-dosage

WARNING: Xanax and kratom are both CNS Depressants and combining both in large amounts can cause an OD and may even be fatal; rare but very possible so keep your xanax dose very small until you find your kratom sweet spot.

Last edited:
Thank you Spider for all of the information, much appreciated. I want to clarify that I don;t have liver issues but I was referring to things I have read on-line about it causing liver issues in some people is all.

Also - I will be taking my last Hydro's today until the afternoon, is it safe to start the kratom this evening or should I wait until the next day to begin on the kratom? I want to be able to sleep but am fearing the stimulating effects of Kratom keeping me up all night....

Thanks again for all of your insight.

Once you hit withdrawals you're fine to take it, I wouldn't think a tiny bit of kratom would be dangerous at the tail end of hydros but just to be safe wait for the hydro to wear off, this will give you the added benefit of finding out exactly how much kratom you need.
I've used kratom about 100+ times in the last`10-12 years and I'll tell you it can be hit and miss with products because kratom isn't insanely strong or potent but adding CNS depressants is a recipe for disaster. Anyways, like i said start low and work your way up.
Best of luck to you gandalf1

Pretty sure Kratom even in large doses is not a cns a depressant. I have been taking kratom for a few years now in upwards of 40-50 grams a day at times and it has never caused any breathing issues. I have only read the one report on liver issues so I wouldn't be to concerned with that either.

Honestly at that dosage of hydro I wouldn't worry a whole lot about withdrawals. I would say 3-5 days of a minor cold would be equivalent. Maybe take loperamide as directed and enjoy the kratom and benzo.

Last edited:
Hi I am new here and do not know how to start a thread on this website but I think I have a similar problem. You see SWIM has gotten a hold of a bottle of codeine phosphate 5mg mixed with terpin hydrate 10mg (in pill form) this was OTC in taiwan. Since SWIM is going through dope withdrawal anything would be helpful...does anyone have any information? SWIM has looked online and couldnt find anything about terpin hydrate as it was banned in the states. If anyone knows anything would be helpful...also SWIM has many benzos *=(valiums) so would that mixed together help? Thanks for your help! and also if you could let me know how to start my own thread would be awesome! (I just sent a private message but I don't know who that goes to.) +++Sorry for hijacking your question.

Thanks

ps kratom pills? never heard of them...must let me know how they are.

Tramadol can be taken for opioid replacement even tho its a shitty drug.
also i always found that dried Velarian root capsules are very helpfull with the RLS and coldsweating aspect of withdrawals