• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need advice on MMT as a use for managing chronic pain, NOT addiction

buttershots21

Bluelighter
I need some advice. I suffer from chronic pain. I was prescribed pain meds for years and rather than tell the long story, the end result is I got cut off from all of my pain medications, and 6 months later I am unable to find another doctor or pain clinic that will prescribe to me what I need. I don't want to be a criminal anymore, scoring my meds on the street is dangerous, expensive, unreliable, and an all around pain in the ass. So I need some advice and info on a few different things. How does methadone compare to morphine/oxy in terms of effective pain relief? How confidential is Dr/patient confidentiality? I really don't want the addict label following me around for the rest of my life, because I'm not an addict in the usuall sense of the word. I don't want meds to get high. I want pain relief. The warm fuzzies are secondary to me. Is it possible for me to go to a methadone clinic and play an addict to get what I need for pain? I don't want to do this forever, I just need it as a short term solution until I can find a Dr or clinic that will treat me the way I need to be treated. Do you have to have insurance? At the highest point I was taking 200 mg morphine and 60 mg of oxy (as percocet) every day. Since I lost my Rxes, I no longer have access to take that much every day. Now I am down to being able to take 120mg of morphine and be pretty much okay. Will a MMT clinic not even look at taking me at those doses? What is the standard procedure for getting accepted to one of these places? What is an average starting dose? Do I need to have opiates in my system the first time I go there? Will my Dr, or any future doctor be able to find out if I went to a MMT clinic? I don't want to play the system, so to speak, but I can't think of any other way to get a pain relieving medication legally and I need to be able to have some sort of quality of life. Right now i have none. Frankly I spend much of my day trying to hold on to any shred of hope for light at the end of this tunnel of pain to keep me from just killing myself. I don't want to die, but I can't keep living in this kind of non stop pain, and Drs just don't care. They don't care that death is preferable to living like this. I take physical dependance over feeling like this any day.

I feel for u brother, this can happen to any one of us pain patients at any point, it's scary to think about. Well I've never been in mmt but I've known plenty of peeps that are so I can answer a couple of ur questions and I'm sure many will follow who know all the answers ur looking for if it's allowed, it may be considered sourcing but idk in this case so I'll steer clear of telling How to get the meds.
It will go into your medical records, like there's no way as far as I know to get a perc script or something like that while mmt, I'm guessing the reason for this would be because the dr will see that your an addict, I'm not saying u are but the records will say ur on 'done and I guess that automatically make u an addict to the normies, lol normies.
They start most people at 40mg where I'm from, now this may just be for heroin addicts as that's the only people I've known that've gone this route but I've heard of others here on bluelight who get less than 40 so I could be wrong so don't take that to the bank.
I do believe it will end up in ur records though and I think that's the most important question u wanted answers as that's the thing that would keep me from ever getting mmt. Fuck that man, I get looked down on for getting a legit oxy script so I can only imagine how I'd be treated if I got the almighty dreaded liquid heroin in a bottle named METHADONE the monster, the scourge of our time, lmfao gimmie a fuckin break lol. The way the medical community and non addicts act about these drugs is a fuckin joke. Sry I couldn't be of more help bro but I don't want to answer anything incorrectly by accident cause I'll get flamed lol

Methadone is the best pain relief in the world ime. I take 5mg 3X daily :) Add some weed, and a little cimetidine and white grapefruit juice on the days you have to be extra active, you'll be waaay happier than if u were still on morphine :)

The only problem with going to a methadone clinic wanting methadone for pain relief is that when prescribed for pain relief, methadone is prescribed every 6 hours or so. It's analgesic properties only last about 6hours even though it can stave off withdrawal for 24+.

If you were to get scripted methadone for pain it wouldn't be once per day, as it would give you pain relief the first few hours only. Sorry

The only problem with going to a methadone clinic wanting methadone for pain relief is that when prescribed for pain relief, methadone is prescribed every 6 hours or so. It's analgesic properties only last about 6hours even though it can stave off withdrawal for 24+.

If you were to get scripted methadone for pain it wouldn't be once per day, as it would give you pain relief the first few hours only. Sorry

I know it's not an ideal solution, I'm just out of options and don't know what else to do. Even a few hours of pain relief a day is better than what I have now which is nothing at all unless I risk my freedom buying on the street. I go days, sometimes weeks with no pain relief. The pain and hoplessness of my situation makes me borderline suicidal. On the bright side, no physical dependancy or withdrawls to go through as my supply isn't steady enough to be able to take anything for a long enough period of time to reboot that nasty monster.

sorry for not posting right away as I am in a similar sit. Sep 30 my doc retired and I literally lost health care due to bs excuses to cut me off cold turkey high dose scripted opiates due to fed reg saying I am not cancer pain so they won't even ween me off the medication. I was first told that due to the fact it was opiate dependency for pm they refused addiction treatment MMT as they wouldn't manage me off the dependency only for the pain to draw me to using so after two weeks of being cut off, no doctor, and everey ER doctor looking at my chart after talking to me only to call me an adeict even with my mother there explaining I am getting bounced between pcp to get pm to get opiates or something for pain while they say addiction treatment for opiate addiction/abuse who would tell me my PCP had to deal with it as it is pain so finnally I bit the bullet and got on MMT stable at 30 mg after 20 one day.

Although while my pain is "managed" I am not stable. Without my medical cannibis I would end up withdrawing at night while by morning the hour underground ride across town sounds like a nightmare. Until they split dose me pain management is minimal and breakthrough happens slightly by evening, but definitely in the morning. Sleep happens, but I am usually waking up late as well as getting to bed late while always feeling quite sedated. Emotionally I am a wreck wildly swinging from baseline to crying, screaming, and through the worst as my lifes beyond unstable now and I am still not in a stable place with w/d or pain to resume mental or physical therapy. I also had opiate w/d constipation (opiate induced constipation happens the first days on and off opiates) leading to a bad tear and a lot of blood a few days ago, which only gets that bad during w/d. So I have been afraid to eat really.

Anyways so obviously MMT is not pain management and any discussion of that could lead to denial of treatment... At least here. Just be honest about using off the street and any nasal, IV, plugging, or even crussing pill to absorb faster. Anything considered abuse to get more than pain relief. Still it will not be ideal pain management without 12 HR dosing, but in my experience you may find it useful to maintain. Under 70 shouldn't block, but combining with other opiates can easily lead to OD and kill. I highly advise combining with other opiates unless prescribed in PM.

GL

if you tell them its for pain they wont dose you at all. been there did that ( for other very complicated reasons). just tell them about abusing drugs say you want to stop. if I ever try to get in again ( body is having very paunful weird issues and I think its a reaction to decades of tylnol so might for a break from tylonol and better pain relief since I cant get a dr to hear my concerns about apa, I will just not mention pain management/try in a different clinic like after I finish school and move. I just wanted to say I feel where you are coming from. good luck

Oh and I'm sorry I just realized I forgot to answer part of your question OP

If you go to a MMT clinic other doctors will not find out unless you specifically sign releases for one to know. Good old HIPPA privacy laws. You're not "reported" to your doctor for being on it. It's up to you if you wish to disclose to any treating physician, ER, etc.

So yes, in a situation where it's your best option I understand. As a poster mentioned, don't say it's for pain management or they'll tell you go to PM. Swallow your pride and such and say you are dependent and can't get off opioids. It's the only way they'll admit you. What your actual motive is , is your business