• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Need advice on injection site looking weird (ANOTHER NEW UPDATE)

It looks like the circle around the redness is mainly pointing distally, though if I had that kind of area of redness I would be concerned, of course . . . If one has an abscess and there are streaks going the other way, towards the heart, then sepsis may not be that far off and it is unquestionably time for hospital and/or emergency services. Actually, red streaks heading away from the heart are not good either. . .

Its not red its bright pink I'm pretty sure it's just the scar. It's the same color as any other fresh scars I've ever had. It may just be the lighting/picture. I can't see any red streaks going in either direction.

So that appears to be an improvement from the earlier photos. I would say that it will soon be a little red mark maybe three-quarters to seven-eighths that size which looks like a cigarette burn. At that point, there are topical creams that may help the mark disappear, at least mostly and maybe completely:. you'll probably want topical corticosteroids, Nsaids, and an antihistamine at the beginning, and there are actually anti-scar creams out there as well which do their work over days to a couple of weeks. The inactive ingredients in a lot of antibiotic creams actually help in that respect too.

Why I think this is that it looks a bit like a place where years ago a nurse missed giving me a shot of phenindamine and hydromorphone once when she didn't aspirate correctly before hitting the plunger . . . there was a bump there that was presumably a sterile abscess which I drained with a syringe with a 29 ga needle on it several days later. The red mark was there for a few months, and I can see it under fluorescent lights if I look really closely, but it takes effort. Its proximity to the main vein in my arm made certain that it hurt like a son of a bitch when it was swelled up, so I got some mepivacaine and some topical lignocaine and that helped some.

Hey peeps just an update. I showered and when drying myself knocked the 'head' or well the top green layer of scab whatever it was off. So now it's kinda like an open wound again. I can see a much smaller green circle inside it sunk down.. Makes me worry it is still infected? It looks like the whitehead of a spot that needs popping. I did have a gentle squeeze but it doesn't seem like it wants to go anywhere. I don't really want to go digging around in it incase I reinfect or get any dirt in there.
Now what I'm wondering is there anything I would have at home I could put on it to help it or clean it or keep it clean? (I wish I'd gone town to get colloidal silver today but I didn't leave the house) in my drawer of limited medical supplies I have found a tube of Germolene antiseptic cream. It says it's OK for minor cuts/grazes, minor burns, scalds and blisters. BUT also says for external use only? Would this be considered external? It's 1 maybe 2mm deep? Surely if it's OK for minor cuts it'll be OK for this?
Thanks again to anyone replies. I honestly dunno what I would done without bluelight/this thread. And although I wish it on no-one, I hope this thread can help/advise others unlucky enough to find themselves in my situation in the future.
_20190917_223708.JPG_20190917_223647.JPG_20190917_223623.JPG

Don't know if anyones interested but here it is now. Scarred up pretty good. Hardly a dent at all. After next summer I'm sure it'll be hardly noticeable. 1 Pic without flash 2 with flash. _20191024_142447.JPG_20191024_142415.JPG_20191024_142505.JPG
It's noticable but so far the cigarette burn story has done me well. Only 1 friend noticed it for what it is, but she's an IV user so knows the score lol.
Thanks again to anyone who helped me out in this thread I was really panicking at one point.

What’s it look like now? I have the exact same thing going on in the crook of my arm and it’s been that way for a month. Going to the doctor today but it’s reduced in size a lot since I noticed it.