• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

need advice on how to get back on my suboxone

jrl1282

Greenlighter
Ok, so I just found out that I'm pregnant and I need to stop messing around and get back on my subs. I have been trying for 2 weeks, but I go into PWs every time.

I mostly take roxicodone, 30 mgs. Maybe 2 or 3 times a day. So never more than 90 mgs per day. I did take methadone a few times, but the last time I took it was 8 days ago.

I took my last 30 mg roxi Sunday evening around 7 pm. I woke up at 5:30 am , drenched in sweat, RLS, sneezing, and couldn't stay in bed. So I took a quarter of a 8 mg strip. Orally. About 15 minutes later I was drenched in sweat and had to run to the bathroom. So I started looking up anything I could find on pw. The first site I found, said to keep taking 2 mgs every30 mins until symptoms stopped. Bythe second strip, I started feeling a little better, but was still dripping sweat, but not hurting. I didn't want to take any more subs so I decided to get up and move around thinking that it would get better. By 3 that afternoon, no relief. So I decided that I would have to start over. I went get a few roxi 30s, and some zanex to calm me down. I slept good last night. But my question is, now what??? I NEED to know how to do this right. I don't want to keep doing this pregnant. I had a baby last year, and successfully tapered to a very low dose on subs, and the baby was fine, with no wd symptoms. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hey OP, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling tapering along with being pregnant! Damn, I can't even taper and I'm not pregnant, it's tough shit. But if it was me I would maybe drop the roxies a half or quarter of your dose at a time when you do them and since oxycodone has such a short half life and once you're down to a reasonable dose, you should be able to start the sub, 1-2, mg at first, but wait 18-24 hours after yourlast roxy dose and go up in 2 mg increments until feeling "well". It's tough waiting out that 24 hours til you can dose the sub, but knowing that you've got that suboxone waiting with open arms can help with your mental state, anxiety ya know and cravings. Hang in there, it's worth it in the long run, especially for the baby and You too, good luck, seriously, you're doing the healthy thing here and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip and do more roxy, just think of suboxone and relief, suboxone and relief, the mantra I used to use when waiting to dose a sub after a few days of oxy binging.

Thank you so much for replying! I have been freaking out since yesterday.
Ok, so I did my last roxi that I had picked up yesterday, at about 8 this morning. Can I use my zanex to help me sleep tonight if I need it? And what if I start wd before tomorrow? I'm scared to death to go into wds. But I know once I get there, ill never have to do it again. I didn't realize I had to wait 24 hours. Now I know what put me into pw. That was horrible! I never want to do that again!

Another thing, do u think this is attracting the baby?? I started trying to stop as soon as I found out. I'm only about 7 weeks

I'm sorry, I just 're read your post.

So taper down on the roxies first. I'm sorry. My brain still isn't working right

Since you are pregnant I would consult a doctor about this. Be honest about your use of opiates/subxone, and ask about taking them while pregnant. Good luck.

Congrats on the bun in the oven OP :)

You would probably be better off tapering the oxycodone instead of getting on subs. It's much tougher on your body to withdraw from suboxone because of the long half life. But I'm not a doctor just speaking from experience with pregnant friends who are opiate addicts, and I've kicked both oxy and subs cold turkey a few times. These women were clean by the end of their first trimester and their babies were fine. Talk to the doc about it and they will help you with this, but remember getting off subs is harder and more stressful which might be bad for the baby. Good luck

Last edited:
Best advice is to TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!! You need to be honest with them for the sake of your baby. I was on tramadol and soma when I found out I was pregnant with my child and I stopped cold turkey now people say that tramadol is not addictive but it is horribly addciting and I was using it for chronic pain so when I stopped I didn't understand the withdrawals at the time I didn't know soma could give you wd either. So it was hell because not only did I get the same wd symptoms you get from oxy but tramadol also messes with your seretonine so my mental state was a mess. Do not go on subs they are not good for the baby either if you can just taper down the roxi and go ct that would be your best bet to have the healthist baby. Good luck and please go and be honest with your doctor.

^I think they recommend Subutex for pregnant women as opposed to suboxone, but yes OP go and see a doctor, please don't do this alone. Take Care.

Thanks y'all. I will check back in when I'm ready to switch, just incase.

Yes, I know about the subutex, I have an 11 month old daughter and I was on subs with her and used Robert's taper plan. She was born with no wd symptoms or anything, thank god. I wasn't planning or even thinking about having another baby yet, so I was doing a lot of pills, and I had never heard of pw, until it happened to me 2 weeks ago. I have tried 3 times to switch over and every time I got pw? But I had never lowered my dose on roxis, or waited 24 hours. Hopefully this will be my last time, and then I can start trying to get off the subs. I never thought I would be that woman who did drugs while pregnant. I hate myself for it. But I'm trying to fix it. Thanks guys, for talking me through this. Even knowing I'm pregnant, it's hard! My husband doesn't understand. He knows about everything. I don't hide anything from him. But he's never done drugs, beside weed. So he thinks it's just a mind thing and that I should just be able to stop ct....