• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Need advice for IVing

OrangeFries

Greenlighter
So I've been off and on black for like 5 years now, I usually go for a 3-4 month long excursion and then stop for 7-8. I've been IVing almost the whole time with a lot of success but now for some reason it's getting more and more difficult to hit and I think Im running out of veins. I've done a ton of research on how to inject properly (mostly lurking here) and thought I was doing a good job but now my veins are disappearing. I was able to successfully hit my arms for years but the last time I decided to get off I was already having trouble, it's actually one of the reasons I decided to take a break. usually when I take a break the veins I used up come back and I can use them again but this time that did not happen. I've been back on black for about two weeks now and I've had to mostly hit my hands, I did find one arm vein but after hitting it once it's gone now. I need some advice or tips on how to find veins in my arms / what I can do to make my veins more visible. I feel like the veins in my hand are so delicate they can only take so much and I don't want to fuck them up too bad. I'm also up for maybe doing the dope another way, is there another equally bioavailable ROA that I can do with black tar? it is the "pure" tar (it's good fucking stuff trust me) I will not hit my neck, or my fem. I don't know if this matters but when I take my long breaks I've been prescribed Suboxone and taking about 8mg daily.

Thank you bluelight this is my fist post here bc I've just lurked but now I need some advice

consindering you're able to go on lengthy breaks already, I think you should really hold off on iv until you can get some more visibility in your arms
they will repair themselves in time assuming you've been using high guage needles
but the most important thing though is to get into some form of cardio or better yet try weight training
getting blood pumping through there regularly will help to bring them out a little more

in the meantime plugging might be your best and safest option

Take a hot bath and then do the shot in the bath (dont drown yourself though, I'll allow you to use your common sense to stop that). The warmth should help bring any veins left to the surface and make them easier to hit. Have you used the big ones on each bicep or just the lower arms?

As I'm sure you're aware this is a crossroad point though, it wont be long until you use up the hands and then you have to ask yourself whether you're prepared to start going in your legs/groin/neck. Obviously none of those things are good. I used to know someone that would go in a vein in their forehead.

When you say black, do you mean tar heroin from Mexico? As far as I know, tar is infamous with its detrimental effects on the circulatory system, especially the veins which I think is because of the acidity. I was an IV H addict for a long time and I lost my veins after I started shooting Cocaine and #3 Heroin (which you need citric acid to shoot; it's actually for chasing/ smoking) instead of #4 (which you can shoot without any additives); they never came back even after 10 years of no intravenous drug use. Some people have great veins that come back fairly easily after a couple years clean but some aren't lucky and whatever they do, the veins don't heal.

Most of my sticks are good, but the bad ones.... those damage my veins for awhile, there's an area on my under forearm (mainline) where if i miss a stick, or don't get it just right, i'll anger the vein, it'll still be "all good" for the day/night buuut, when i'll go to sleep, when i wake up, the vein will be extremely faded or not visible, which can be creditted to a few things, poor technique, yeah we all get perfect sticks, we also all get shitty sticks, and being an extremely heavy stimulant user myself, i have problems registering which just adds to it, i've gotten use to the feel of being in a vein rather than registering all the time, although a good register is quite nice and reassuring but not the case for me all the time, thats one thing, THEN there;'s the substance and cuts.. every.single.time.you.slam. you're introducing caustic chemicals to your vein unless it's extremely properly filtered, and even then.. it may look all nice and dandy (i'll attach a picture of shot of 16mg finely filtered Hydromorphone/morphine - i'll finish this post later. i'm in no state to continue this post. stick to this rule, TAKE YOUR TIME, IF YOU NEED TO SIT THERE FOR 20 MINUTES TO GET THAT GOOD STICK, THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. YOU ONLY GET ONE SET OF ARMS.

When I was abusing speedballs heavily, after shooting many times, it would get so hard to register which made me crazy. I would get so stubborn and stupidly spend such ridiculously long times till I had a good shot. That was like torture.

switch to plugging if you wanna keep your veins. IM would also be a possibility but would carry a risk of inflammation/abscess formation from the non-alkaloid stuff in tar heroin.