• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe NEED ADVICE about being put to sleep on suboxone

killshot

Bluelighter
I have to get put to sleep to get my wisdom teeth taken out an iv been takin suboxone for about 4 or 5 months now prolly about 2-4 mgs a day an iv been buyin em off the street i dont wanna have to tell the doctor or my parents so i wanna know if its safe to be put to sleep on suboxone if i have to tell the doctor or not

I'm pretty certain if they use midazolam you'll be just fine but if they add other analgesics like fentanyl it may be a problem. Considering its a dentist who wont know if ur prescribed this stuff legit or not, it would be wise to ask him/her.

It couldn't hurt to look into interactions online too.

il try lookin at some other stuff online but i dont think the dentist would use fentanyl to put me to sleep to take my wisdom teeth out an i dont wanna stop takin sub an then go through horrible wd while bein put to sleep an end up wakin up in the operation or somethin idk i think ill be fine il jus try takin only like .5 or 1 mg jus enough to not go through withdraw in the operation an i think it should b safe then

Youll be fine.....I have NEVER heard of a dentist using fentanyl for wisdom teeth removal.
Fentanyl is for CANCER patients....not tooth aches.
I just had my wisdom teeth taken out a couple weeks ago, and i take about 2 mg's of suboxone a day. Had no problems at all, other than feeling awesomely fucked up when I woke up, but thats normal for ANY wisdom teeth removal. They used laughing gas, and used an IV with I dont even know what to knock me out.

Once again...youll be fine

They're likely going to use Nitrous Oxide and maybe, as someone said, a small dose of Midazolam.
As long as you make sure to let the Dentist know that you're on Buprenorphine then he'll act accordingly and you'll be fine ;)

Depending on how many teeth they are removing and how hard it is to remove them, it could vary what they'll be using.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, they gave me IV Demerol and IV Midazolam. Of course, all four of my wisdom teeth had to be surgically cut out since they were moving horizontally into my other teeth, without showing at all.