• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe need a little advice

MizzAchee

Greenlighter
Had been doing H, about a point a day for like 8months. Been taking bupe for four days.
My question is: Have I waited long enough for the H to be out of my system to not
Experience withdrawal symptoms when I stop the bupe? Should I taper? I've been feeling extremely mild
Withdrawal symptoms the whole time. Should I just quit the bupe? I'm still going to group therapy
And whatnot for the counseling aspects so no worries! Just ready to be done with this!

ok so bupe is actually relative stronger than h. actually pretty much a lot stronger. you'll need to taper of the bupe to have less withdrawals because it's a potent opiate itself. save yourself a lot of prolonging and go cold turkey and blaze buds and drink if possible that will help a lot as alcohol acts on simalar receptors as opiates. and it's way easier than bupe in my experience

^You don't even know how much Bupe OP is taking and you suggest he should quit Cold turkey? Even after saying that one neds to taper to minimize the WDs?
Tapering is key to not relapse. Bupe-WDs can be terrible.

that will help a lot as alcohol acts on simalar receptors as opiates

That is not true. Opioids act on the Mu-, Kappa-, and Deltareceptors while Alcohol acts on GABA. Drinking is generally one of the worst things you can do while detoxing...
It dehydrates you even more and when the booze wears off you will feel even shittier. Smoking bud is ok but Alcohol should be avoided at all costs.

OP: If you did not experience Precipitated Withdrawls you obviously waited long enough. Yes, Bupe causes WDs by itself, you have to pay the piper somehow.
I just recommend to only stay on the Bupe as long as you need it, no longer. And on the smallest dose you really need (How much are you taking?).