• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need a little advice, or at least a warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that use it for years, that is them taking it regularly. He was abusing massive amounts for quite a long time. That does a lot of damage to the GABA A receptors, almost just as much as long term use.

Yes you're right. Maybe therapeutic doses for a month is no big deal but he was dosing heavily and he is highly dependent on benzos. You don't need to be on them for years to have a life threatening situation. Hell, I used to binge on benzos for just 4-5 days and then experience minor withdrawal just from that short time frame. Nothing i was going to the hospital for but severe anxiety and minor shakes. A month of heavy dosing like that is more than enough time to make cold turkey a dangerous idea. I've had severe alcohol withdrawal after only a week straight of drinking heavily that was bad enough I needed to be admitted with an Ativan drip, phenorgan IV and 5 bags of fluids with one special bag that was full of vitamins and electrolytes before they were comfortable sending me home with a script for Ativan to take over the next 3 days. To the person saying he's being a hypochondriac, you are very wrong. Don't try to minimalize the risk of benzo withdrawal.... everyone says it's very dangerous for a reason.

Actually rereading the OP he said more like 20 days.

TBH I am ignorant of etizolam but after a little research I find that doses as small as 2.5mg is enough to manage anxiety.. OP states he started around 5mg and then sometimes took 100mg.. well shit that is a helluva jump and I can't imagine getting any extra benefits.. I can't see tolerance rising to the level that 20x a normal dose would provide any additional benefit. Aka hitting the ceiling.

Now he said he took about 900 mgs total. Assuming there were only 3 100mg binges that makes it around 600mg steady over~ 20 days. Because of potency that does seem like ALOT. Tho I still think the time frame is too short for any major wd s.

My question for OP: how often were you dosing? And what was the average dose? Also purely for my own curiosity what kind of effects were had from the 100mg doses? As opposed to your average. In my experience with benzos you probably blacked out at that high dosage..?

Tolerance and dependence were surely quickly developed by such in appropriate dosing.

I still think you will be OK but no doubt your body is going to freak out a bit from such a rollercoaster of heavy gaba a agonism.

As far as the title question.. no I don't think you will have a seizure.

It seems as though the OP has had plenty of experience abusing benzos. Like I said, with the amount he was using for 20 days is enough to cause very serious withdrawal. Don't try to tell him he's not going to have a seizure because there is a very real possibility he could.

As I stated in the thread, I am familiar with benzodiazepines and the body - if my dosage wasn't so high, as well as mixing it with other benzos and forgot to mention, alcohol, I wouldn't be worried one bit.

I've been using benzos on/off for roughly 4 years, worst w/d lasted about a year and half from 6 months of heavy clonazepam use, dropped that CT, could barely move for 3 days.

Reason I'm worried about this one is, the high dosages, the LEAST I'd have in one day would be 5mg, and knowing how benzo use goes, that was rare, because I was making my own solution on top of popping pharmaceutical presses of etizolam -- I'd say on average, my daily dose was 20-25mg but varied from 5-40mg and there were 2 occasions where I had well-over 100mg at once. I don't really black out on benzos anymore, after my 50mg of flubromazolam/clonazolam incident, think that raised my tolerance permanently.

In other news, I kept searching, I scattered pills in case this would happen but ended up selling most of them - found an oral syringe with liquid inside, not much but enough.... going to stave off this whole ER thing because I might have a fix tomorrow/today - and with that I will use it sparingly and taper off of it until I feel like I'm out of the danger zone of seizures at least and put this thread to a rest.

It seems as though the OP has had plenty of experience abusing benzos. Like I said, with the amount he was using for 20 days is enough to cause very serious withdrawal. Don't try to tell him he's not going to have a seizure because there is a very real possibility he could.
I wouldn't have posted (contemplated posting because I knew I was going to be in a bad spot -- and I've never been in THIS bad of a spot even after that 5/6 months use of clonazepam 3-15mg/day) unless I was worried.

I am worried, which I always am but never about seizures.

As I stated in the thread, I am familiar with benzodiazepines and the body - if my dosage wasn't so high, as well as mixing it with other benzos and forgot to mention, alcohol, I wouldn't be worried one bit.

I've been using benzos on/off for roughly 4 years, worst w/d lasted about a year and half from 6 months of heavy clonazepam use, dropped that CT, could barely move for 3 days.

Reason I'm worried about this one is, the high dosages, the LEAST I'd have in one day would be 5mg, and knowing how benzo use goes, that was rare, because I was making my own solution on top of popping pharmaceutical presses of etizolam -- I'd say on average, my daily dose was 20-25mg but varied from 5-40mg and there were 2 occasions where I had well-over 100mg at once. I don't really black out on benzos anymore, after my 50mg of flubromazolam/clonazolam incident, think that raised my tolerance permanently.

In other news, I kept searching, I scattered pills in case this would happen but ended up selling most of them - found an oral syringe with liquid inside, not much but enough.... going to stave off this whole ER thing because I might have a fix tomorrow/today - and with that I will use it sparingly and taper off of it until I feel like I'm out of the danger zone of seizures at least and put this thread to a rest.

that is a MASSIVE daily dosage for the length of time you took it for. You are seriously at a risk for seizures.

It is a benzo. It is a lot like other benzos so must be treated as such. Any doctor that won't do, or have someone else do, a quick google search should be fired.

HIPPA laws are very important. If your confidentiality is broken you can, nay you must, sue. If not for yourself than for the rest of us.

Please just go to the hospital. The more you wait, the worse it will be. If you do not value your own life, do it for your parents and siblings. What do you think they would feel if you were no longer with them? Do not worry about money...more can be made. Safety is paramount here.

Please let me know how you are doing!

Last edited:
It is a benzo. It is a lot like other benzos so must be treated as such. Any doctor that won't do, or have someone else do, a quick google search should be fired.

HIPPA laws are very important. If your confidentiality is broken you can, nay you must, sue. If not for yourself than for the rest of us.

Please just go to the hospital. The more you wait, the worse it will be. If you do not value your own life, do it for your parents and siblings. What do you think they would feel if you were no longer with them? Do not worry about money...more can be made. Safety is paramount here.

Please let me know how you are doing!

This.
Listen to all the people telling you to go to the hospital.
Go there now! Don't wait till it's to late!

Tell them it's a benzo withdrawal. Find an equivalency chart. I took one once and it felt stronger then Valium or clonazepam. Tell them there is a chance of seizures.

Status
Not open for further replies.