• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Need a little advice, or at least a warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

XANAX XR

Bluelighter
Well, in the past 28 days (maybe 20 days, actually) I've accumulated around 1800mg of etizolam in my possession, probably sold and got robbed of a little under half of it and consumed around half of it. I also had a small amount of diclazepam and meclonazepam (enough for a decent taper - in which, I tried to keep in case I ran into this situation...but we know how that can go sometimes).

My daily dose was anyone from 5mg - 40mg... there were days I took 100mg+. In the past 3 days, I've hit w/d but have managed to find small amounts of etizolam, drank the rest of what I had to sleep one night -- found a pill that I hid in case this happened (just 1mg, which didn't do anything except give me the slightest relief) and now I'm out for good -- Out of cash, as I got robbed multiple times, even sober (?) people are crazy and assholes -- karma, I guess. So getting benzos is not an option, as I don't have health insurance either.. or a job.

I just want to know am I going to experience any seizures? and if so, when, because I've had 1mg in the last 12 hours, and around 5-10mg in the last 24-48 hrs.

Never had a seizure on any tolerance of benzos, even when I was taking 3-15mg/day of clonazepam for months --- Am I gonna experience long-term withdrawal because I can't do that again... there's just no way.

Benzos make me miss being addicted to opiates, god, it was so much easier. A lot more expensive and makes your arms look trashy every other week... but christ, so much easier to get off of and stay away from.

Have you had any symptoms that would preclude seizures, such as myoclonus or random periods of prolonged absent mindededness? These would possible be indicative of an ensuing tonic-clonic seizure or absence seizure, respectively. You could very well experience seizures and long-term withdrawals given your high dosages and the fact you took them for nearly a month.

If you get these symptoms and they are bad, go to a hospital.

Have you had any symptoms that would preclude seizures, such as myoclonus or random periods of prolonged absent mindededness? These would possible be indicative of an ensuing tonic-clonic seizure or absence seizure, respectively. You could very well experience seizures and long-term withdrawals given your high dosages and the fact you took them for nearly a month.

Nothing that would be alarming -- random periods of absent mindedness occurs even when I'm sober and not W/Ding. I think I'm fine on that end. I've never experienced any seizures before, which is the main reason why I'm posting -- Oh, and I can't afford a doctor visit nor an ER visit.

If I were to get my hands on xanax or clonazepam - what would be the lowest dose I could take to avoid any seizures?

I'm pretty familiar with how benzodiazepines work with the brain -- I just have never read many posts about my dosage and not having access to benzos, at all - So, I'm a little worried.

I'd rather have a seizure that kills me, than one that damages my brain... or none at all :)

How long have you been withdrawing for exactly? Seizures will only occur during the acute phase, usually just after cessation of the drug.

Dude if you don't have insurance or a job you should be able to get on Medicaid. Even if thats not an option you can still go to an ER for something serious as benzos withdrawal and you can get the bill written off if you're below the poverty level. Having no income like you the hospital will eat the bill through charitable donations they get. If you go to a hospital with a serious problem they can't turn you away and you have to be stable before they can discharge. Benzos withdrawal is very serious and you can die from it. They will most likely keep you on an Ativan drip or librium until you are out of the woods and seizures aren't a risk anymore. I've been to the ER twice for alcohol withdrawal and once for benzos withdrawal and I was admitted all 3 times and I never had any insurance. It's a serious medical condition. Good luck to you

Dude if you don't have insurance or a job you should be able to get on Medicaid. Even if thats not an option you can still go to an ER for something serious as benzos withdrawal and you can get the bill written off if you're below the poverty level. Having no income like you the hospital will eat the bill through charitable donations they get. If you go to a hospital with a serious problem they can't turn you away and you have to be stable before they can discharge. Benzos withdrawal is very serious and you can die from it. They will most likely keep you on an Ativan drip or librium until you are out of the woods and seizures aren't a risk anymore. I've been to the ER twice for alcohol withdrawal and once for benzos withdrawal and I was admitted all 3 times and I never had any insurance. It's a serious medical condition. Good luck to you

Thanks, I've tried to get it but my agent won't call me back and the higher-ups, won't do anything (medicaid).

Was just about to get off probation, too... ugh, an ER visit is not gonna look good.

How long have you been withdrawing, though? If it's been a certain amount of time, you might be past the point where seizures are no longer a risk and you wouldn't have to go to the ER

I don't see how an ER visit has anything to do with probation. Medical records are confidential, they're not going to call your probation officer and tell them why you were there. There's no reason you even need to tell the hospital you're on probation. If you start feeling bad, go to the ER. They can even sign you up for Medicaid there. And they'll do it because that way they get at least some money from Medicaid opposed to having to write it off.

I don't see how an ER visit has anything to do with probation. Medical records are confidential, they're not going to call your probation officer and tell them why you were there. There's no reason you even need to tell the hospital you're on probation. If you start feeling bad, go to the ER. They can even sign you up for Medicaid there. And they'll do it because that way they get at least some money from Medicaid opposed to having to write it off.

I'm 17, about to turn 18 and get off probation. My parents qualify for medicaid but can't get our agent to respond and I'm not sure that I can sign up on my own, maybe I can...

I took 1mg at about 6PM today, I've been having withdrawal symptoms for about 72 hours now, was a lot worse before that 1mg... and it's getting a lot worse.

What are you talking about agent? Just go down to the your social services building and apply. It's a part of social services isn't it?

Then you are still in the acute phase. If you feel like you need to go to the hospital, then go. You are still in the danger zone.

What are you talking about agent? Just go down to the your social services building and apply. It's a part of social services isn't it?

Then you are still in the acute phase. If you feel like you need to go to the hospital, then go. You are still in the danger zone.

My Medicaid agent, whom took away my medicaid for almost a year now (same with my little sister) --- won't respond to our phone calls.

Well then you qualify for it. Just sign up on healthcare.gov. Don't even worry about that now just go to the hospital first, they will deal with the Medicaid crap later. You're a minor and by law you should be on Medicaid if you have no other way to be on insurance. I still don't think going to the hospital will affect your probation at all. There's no reason they would even have to know you're on probation and they wouldn't call them or anything anyway. I overdosed on heroin 2 weeks ago and was revived by paramedics and taken to the hospital. I'm on probation and they didn't contact the police or the court or anything, it's none of their concern so just don't worry about that crap and go to the ER. You don't want to have a seizure, trust me. I'm serious this is no joke benzos withdrawal can and will kill you.

Well then you qualify for it. Just sign up on healthcare.gov. Don't even worry about that now just go to the hospital first, they will deal with the Medicaid crap later. You're a minor and by law you should be on Medicaid if you have no other way to be on insurance. I still don't think going to the hospital will affect your probation at all. There's no reason they would even have to know you're on probation and they wouldn't call them or anything anyway. I overdosed on heroin 2 weeks ago and was revived by paramedics and taken to the hospital. I'm on probation and they didn't contact the police or the court or anything, it's none of their concern so just don't worry about that crap and go to the ER. You don't want to have a seizure, trust me. I'm serious this is no joke benzos withdrawal can and will kill you.

I appreciate the help... I guess I'll probably go this route.

I suppose, saying taking any research chemicals/etizolam/meclonazepam/diclazepam should be replaced with saying I was abusing prescription pills like valium, xanax, klonopin...etc? --- and what if I fail for any benzos in my system?

I'm not worried about the hospital contacting my PO, as I know that wouldn't happen - I'm aware of laws but I live in a small town, word would pass to him in a matter of days, if not, that same day. My parents would probably keep their mouths shut because they're sick of it just as much as I am, now.

My Medicaid agent, whom took away my medicaid for almost a year now (same with my little sister) --- won't respond to our phone calls.

I don't know what you're talking about and how or why they took Medicaid away from you but you need health insurance by law because you're a minor. Go to the hospital now and they will sort it out for you. You're not going to get in any trouble trust me. They don't share medical records with anyone....it's against the law. When you get out of the hospital go to your county job and family services office and tell them you need to get on Medicaid . Once the Medicaid kicks in it will actually go back and pay for any bill you got in the past year or whatever that you didn't have insurance for. Trust me dude just go and worry about that crap later. Benzo withdrawal is VERY SERIOUS shit

I don't know what you're talking about and how or why they took Medicaid away from you but you need health insurance by law because you're a minor. Go to the hospital now and they will sort it out for you. You're not going to get in any trouble trust me. They don't share medical records with anyone....it's against the law. When you get out of the hospital go to your county job and family services office and tell them you need to get on Medicaid . Once the Medicaid kicks in it will actually go back and pay for any bill you got in the past year or whatever that you didn't have insurance for. Trust me dude just go and worry about that crap later. Benzo withdrawal is VERY SERIOUS shit

I'm aware of all this.

I really don't wanna go to the ER... again..... for another "stupid reason" in my parent's eyes. All I have costed them is money, and they hate me because of the messes I've gotten into the past week. On top of all this my mother is a pretty sharp nurse.

That whole insurance thing is BS, my parents mainly put it off because they know I'm gonna try to get meds with insurance. -- but my agent actually won't respond, they've tried reapplying but I get denied every time.

I appreciate the help... I guess I'll probably go this route.

I suppose, saying taking any research chemicals/etizolam/meclonazepam/diclazepam should be replaced with saying I was abusing prescription pills like valium, xanax, klonopin...etc? --- and what if I fail for any benzos in my system?

I'm not worried about the hospital contacting my PO, as I know that wouldn't happen - I'm aware of laws but I live in a small town, word would pass to him in a matter of days, if not, that same day. My parents would probably keep their mouths shut because they're sick of it just as much as I am, now.

Just be honest with them about what you were taking. They'll test you but only to see what drug is in your system so they know how to treat you. The only people who will ever know you were in the hospital is whoever you tell and the doctors /nurses that treat you. They legally can't disclose information about you so don't worry about them going around telling everyone about you being in the hospital. They have an obligation not to talk about you, privacy laws are very serious and they could get in trouble for disclosing your information. The only time they will ever contact police or anything is if you're being abused or you say youre going to kill someone. If you say you're going to kill yourself they'll send you to the loony bin....but that's it. Trust me man you need to go to the hospital if you start feeling bad or getting the shakes. You won't be stuck with a bill or anything and you won't get in any trouble.

I mean, what if I were able to shrug this off without any benzos?... yea, I made this thread worrying about it but my anxious-sober self gets all paranoid and worried about going to the ER.

What if I smile in relief if they actually gave me benzos via IV in the ER, because I know I would.... then they'd think I'm lying. Ugh.

Just be honest with them about what you were taking. They'll test you but only to see what drug is in your system so they know how to treat you. The only people who will ever know you were in the hospital is whoever you tell and the doctors /nurses that treat you. They legally can't disclose information about you so don't worry about them going around telling everyone about you being in the hospital. They have an obligation not to talk about you, privacy laws are very serious and they could get in trouble for disclosing your information. The only time they will ever contact police or anything is if you're being abused or you say youre going to kill someone. If you say you're going to kill yourself they'll send you to the loony bin....but that's it. Trust me man you need to go to the hospital if you start feeling bad or getting the shakes. You won't be stuck with a bill or anything and you won't get in any trouble.

I had minor shakes towards the middle of the day, but after I took 1mg and had a nap.. I've been fine since.

(Previous w/d experience) I've had severe shakes and nothing bad came out of it... there was 3 day streak where I found it nearly impossible to move from clonazepam W/D... made it through that without any meds.

I'm aware of all this.

I really don't wanna go to the ER... again..... for another "stupid reason" in my parent's eyes. All I have costed them is money, and they hate me because of the messes I've gotten into the past week. On top of all this my mother is a pretty sharp nurse.

That whole insurance thing is BS, my parents mainly put it off because they know I'm gonna try to get meds with insurance. -- but my agent actually won't respond, they've tried reapplying but I get denied every time.

Are you talking about a private insurance that one of your parents was carrying or something? That doesn't make any sense you legally need to be on Medicaid if your parents don't have private insurance. Sign up for it yourself on healthcare.gov or go to your social services office in your county yourself and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.