• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NCAA Football 2019-2020 season vPAC-12 Eats Itself, B12 says hold my red solo cup

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Here we are, counting down the days to the 2019-2020 football season. Wk 0 kicks off August 25 with only one game that will be all you need. My Florida Gators are scheduled to provide an ever lovin' beatdown on the Miami Hurricanes in Orlando. While we start off with questions on the OL, we are mega-deep on WR and RB (if we can only get them the ball!). Defense lost a few, but gained a few, should be ok depending upon who starts the season suspended, or gets kicked off the team. Miami is an old rival where the rivalry has broken down given we didn't want to play them anymore (nothing to gain, everything to lose), but enough of their talking like they are back...time to put them in their place. We can also take this game being in Orlando as a surrogate beatdown of UCF and their imaginary NC (they should have taken us up on the 2 for 1 offer).

So, who is your beloved team for this year? Who's your favorite to make the CFP and who will win it? Despite CLEM doing well as of late, can anyone truly unseat the SEC as the best damn conference in the land? Does anyone actually know a ND fan who is tolerable in the slightest? Didjakno a growing number of non-Pro stadiums are starting to sell beer? Do you know how well this will end up?

can anyone truly unseat the SEC as the best damn conference in the land

Nah...not this year

Unfortunately UK has gone way backwards. No Benny Snell...no Josh Allen.

Think we'll be easy pickins for your gators on 9/14 ESPN tlb?

Im excited to see Tua's revenge tour. Lighting up scoreboards weekly

Im excited to see Tua's revenge tour. Lighting up scoreboards weekly

I'm still waiting for him to get down by a TD or two, look at the camera and wink, and say "Oh...you thought I was LEFT handed...." then proceed to elevate his game to another power of 10. Dude is awesome, a pleasure to watch - even if he's kicking my team's ass.

TLBs ignoring me... hoping to gain some psychological advantage over his opponent no doubt...

#neverforget

:censored:

Pffftttt....I'm preoccuppied with trying not to get overconfident as I countdown to beating Miami's ass.

Week 1:

MIA @ -7.5 (8) FLA << Gators win big, 31-17...if MIA can get 17.
GT @ -33.5 (1) CLEM << Yawn...CLEM rolls
TOL @ -13.5 UK << I think this will be closer, but UK pulls out the home win
FAU @ -26.5 (3) tOSU << tOSU rolls, to be exposed later.
DUK @ -32.5 (2) ALA << ALA crushes Duke by 40+
GSt @ -25.5 TN << TN cannot cover that much of a spread, even against Ga State. TN wins, but not by more than 20
(25) BSU @ -3.5 FSU << FSUCKS!! BSU wins outright. FSU will have a losing season.
(12) ORE @ -4.5 (17) AUB << Closest of the wk1 games. I'll go with the home team to cover and win.
GSou @ -25.5 (7) LSU << LSU wins bigger than that
(4) UGA @ +20.5 VAN << Spread looks about right. I'll go with UGA to cover.

I think Oregon will upset auburn. A true freshman qb is going to struggle in that spotlight

I don't recall being this sick from a win in decades. Last min of the first half, and the last 5 min of the game, BOTH seemed to move at glacier speed. Anytime you think something would finally end it, something else made ya wanna throw up all over again.

Not recommended for children under 13.

Week 2 is here! Huzzah!

WVU @ -11.5 Mizz = wtf? Mizz is favored by 1.5TDs? NoFnWay. They don't cover. They don't win.
Vandy @ -9.5 PUR = PUR lost on a miracle last second FG to NEV...they'll be pissed, and prepared. And, Vandy is in the SEC East. PUR more than covers.
CharSou @ -34.5 USCe = USCe will be pissed, but remain inept. They win, but don't cover the spread.
CIN @ -16.5 (5) tOSU = Bucknuts roll.
(12) TAMU @ -18.5 (1) CLEM = TAMU isn't SEC East, but it's still SEC and over rated. CLEM by 28.
NMSU @ -54.5 (2) ALA = NMSU is one of THE WORST programs in the existence of football. Worse than even Uconn who ought to shutter their program. I can't see Saban wanting to punish them by more than 50ish...but even the 3rd string can't help but keep scoring. ALA by 60+
MurrSt @ -34.5 (3) UGA = I hate dwags...but they more than cover this spread.
LAMonroe @ -22.5 F$U = I think they have that backwards, LAM should be favored. F$U is imploding, will be lucky to get 3 wins this season. Maybe they win with atheletes, but they don't cover.
BYU @ -2.5 TN = another wrong favorite....I don't know who is worse off, TN or F$U, and as a Gator fan I don't care. Rivals in failure is delightful. BYU wins outright.
UTMartin @ -34.5 (11) UF = we have no idea who FL is after looking fugly against half a MIA team (all D, no O). I'll play homer, we cover and win by 40+ (we may not cover, but will win).
(6) LSU @ +3.5 (9) TX = TX is building, but I'm going SEC homer and say LSU covers.
EMU @ -15.5 UK = Mildcats struggled most of the game against Toledo last week, they cover, but not by much. Return to reality begins, they won't win the SEC lEast, but they'll likely finish 3rd or 4th.
MIA @ +5.5 UNC = I didn't watch UNC come back and win against USCe, but that was USCe, and we know which conference and division they are in. MIA at least brings a good D. MIA to win on the road by 7+

I'll see if I can fix my formatting to make it easier for anyone else to copy-edit and make their picks, I see in hindsight my comments for each game make doing this a pita.

Mildcats struggled most of the game against Toledo last week, they cover, but not by much. Return to reality begins, they won't win the SEC lEast, but they'll likely finish 3rd or 4th.

Yep...truth hurts...

I'm really not looking forward to the Florida game :cry:

I'm really not looking forward to the Florida game :cry:

Because ya'll broke the streak (ignoring your loss of QB and monster D-lineman) and because we had such a heartbreaking and sickening win over MIA, most UF fans are believing we won't really know what team we will have until we play AU and LSU...but there is a vocal part saying, unfortunately, we may realize what we are against UK (meaning, we could lose that one...which is possible).

Welp @TheLoveBandit ... our qb went down, most likely for the season. Not like Wilson was an incredibly consistent qb or anything but he has off and on brilliance and he works well with our offense.

Welp @TheLoveBandit ... our qb went down, most likely for the season. Not like Wilson was an incredibly consistent qb or anything but he has off and on brilliance and he works well with our offense.

Shitty play by the defense, sorry to see you guys lose the QB. Changes the game dramatically. What's the back up like?

And wh00whee what a weekend.

NEB goes down at COL?
MICH barely beats ARMY in OT at home?
TN is TN again this week!
F$U eeks out a win over a nobody in OT, by 1pt, at home?

Other than the KY injury, it was a pretty good weekend. My Gators didn't wake up in the 1st Q (3-0? C'mon, man!) but rolled 45-0. Though, both our #1 (jersey, earned by being best OFF and DEF players) went out with injuries as well. I need to go check on how they fared.