• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos naxolone and benzos

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
So after being on kratom for a couple years I recently had a loved one die. I did not handle it well (I.e. I called my oldest friend up and we went half on .5 of by far the best H I've had, it was dark brown and 50mgs sniffed caught me a damn good buzz.) On the way up my friend was telling me how his mom copped one vial of narcan as well as one of the new epi pen type ones. I ended up trading .1 for the vial. I'm back to just kratom and super strong benzo's and was wondering if narcan would be effective on some who drank too much on one of these new benzo's? The pubmed thing I read said naxolone would be effective for benzo poisoning but more research should be done. So far I have and plan to continue to give these chems the respect they deserve but I do still enjoy an occasional couple of drinks. Now I just need one clean needle.

Edit: It also expires this October. I know it's far from ideal but in a bad situation would it be safe to be injected with expired naxolone?

Last edited:
I took that part out. He ment needles that have been used 5-6 times. If my gf wouldn't freak out I would order some, keep one, and give the rest away.

*shivers*

but maybe talk to your GF and tell her what they are for, or does she not know about your use at all? If she doesn't she will find out one day. take it from a guy who lost every relationship he ever had to drugs or booze.

I don't hide anything from her. She is just scared to death that I'll try IV one day which will never happen but still understandable.

then ya tell her exactly what it is for and write on it with perm marker so she knows it is the same one. better yet have her initial it or something.

Good idea, thanks for the suggestions. I explained the narcan and how it would he usless if it didn't have one stored with it and she was fine. I'll have to look it ordering the minimum quantity and give the rest away. It's sad around here, ppl are paying good money/trading dope for clean needles. Would love to hear from anyone who might know how long naxolone keeps it's potency and if it's an benzo antagonist.

Edit: Just read about the possibility of seizures during precipitated w/d from BZD's(which makes sense I suppose). That would be fucking terrible. Definitely not going to put myself in that position.

Last edited:
It's not a benzo antagonist and shouldn't do anything for you in that situation unless you had taken some opioid. Still a handy thing to have around. Just be responsible drinking on benzodiazepines and you will be fine. The real danger there is blacking out and doing stupid shit rather than overdosing.

^There is a pubmed study/document and one other study I found that suggest that it could very well be a benzo antagonist. I'll post links when I get to a desktop.