• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Nausea from vape pen?

ChiRChiR

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have a disposable vape pen with "sour diesel".

But puffs hurt me and give me nausea for one minute.

How to avoid that?

I'm sorry to answer a question with a question, but do you know what your pen's brand name is?

I'm only asking because I ran across a few in my recent search for a decent dab pen and mobile flower vape, and some people have alleged that a few of these wax pens have some sort of glue underneath the atomizer chamber to help prevent leaking, despite not advertising the glue's presence and especially despite the fact that the glue can cause harmful vapors when heated too much.

With a disposable, I'm leaning towards the fact that there may've been some shitty production process that left you with a pen that puts something other than wax/shatter/dab vape into your lungs.

Past that, it's possible that the stuff might be too strong for you. Even with (what I consider to be) my high tolerance, if I try to vape even just .1g in a single pull I'm gonna be fuckin' hurting, man, like... that stuff kicks like a god damn mule.

Weed can make you nauseous pretty easily if you get too high, even though it usually helps to treat it. THC and CBD are very much biphasic, effects aren't just stronger at high doses, they're completely different than low dose effects.

Are you newer to concentrates? If you're just inhaling a fuckton of THC and your body isn't used to it, that could be why.

Weed can make you nauseous pretty easily if you get too high, even though it usually helps to treat it. THC and CBD are very much biphasic, effects aren't just stronger at high doses, they're completely different than low dose effects.

The only time weed on it's own is going to make you throw up regards cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. Most of the time, the stomach pain is from the irritating nature of smoke on the body's inner organs-- most especially when you manage to swallow smoke/vapor into your stomach rather than inhale it into your lungs.

In your average person that doesn't smoke heavily and thus shouldn't suffer from CHS, cannabis alone wouldn't make them nauseous. A sudden change in blood sugar or improper inhalation will definitely do it, but cannabis per se` isn't to blame for that. Any swallowed smoke/vapor can fuck your stomach up; from a cigarette to a cigar to a joint to a forest fire, it's the smoke/vapor to blame and not the psychoactives held within.... and even if you do properly inhale but you just take way too big of a hit, an intense coughing fit can induce the urge to vomit and lead to a lingering nausea for an hour or two. Again, that's not due to the drugs, that's on account of your body's physical reaction to pushing the limits of your lung capacity with something other than the air we breathe.

If OP's a long-term cannabis enthusiast, he may want to look into the possibility of suffering from CHS. It's rare as fuck, relatively recently discovered, but typically last for longer than a sole minute and not much is known about it (or rather, I don't know much about it other than a basic understanding.) If you're new to cannabis, I'd try a different route of ingestion (or even just a different pen) and see if you get the same nauseous results. Then you'll know whether it's the pot/concentrates to blame or the pen, and be able to adjust your vaping and smoking habits accordingly.

Past that, it's possible that the stuff might be too strong for you. Even with (what I consider to be) my high tolerance, if I try to vape even just .1g in a single pull I'm gonna be fuckin' hurting, man, like... that stuff kicks like a god damn mule.

Yup, got my first oil pen 3 weeks ago and puked the first time using it. It was just so absolutely effortless to smoke/vape. Just kept taking pull after pull and all of a sudden the room started spinning. Green out.

Tom

ecigs in heaven

Yeah, man, I'm pretty sure they hand 'em out right when you get to the top of the stairway. Everyone thinks the angels are amongst the clouds but unbeknownst to most, they just live the vape afterlife.

I've even heard they're to blame for all the weird shapes people see in what they think are clouds, like dogs and shit. Mother fuckers can't stop playing games with their vapor.

2170.gif