• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Nausea from opiates...

Rickalaus803

Greenlighter
I'm flying out of town this coming week to see family and I'll be taking an opiate(which I'm not going to name) before my plane ride. Anyways, I'm trying to make sure I don't get sick on the ride and I have a prescription for generic zofran but I'm not sure if that's an acceptable way to help with nausea associated with opiates. Is it okay to take this and will it help? Thanks!

Taking zofran will probably take care of the nausea, zofran is a god-send I couldn't live without.

Out of curiosity, why take before a plane ride (recreational, or medical reasons perhaps?) and why won't you name the opiate you're taking? It'd be helpful, especially since certain opiates like hydrocodone are more closely associated with nausea than others, as is the APAP that may be mixed into the pills if you're taking Vicodin or Percosets.

Oh I'm new on here and wasn't sure if I'm allowed to name the drugs or not. But I will be IV'ing 4 mg of dilaudid before the plane ride (So definitely recreational). Last time I did this I felt very good for a while and eventually just felt super sick. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get sick on the plane in public lol. Planes don't make me sick but I'm sure being on opiates while flying would have my stomach churning.

Meclizine works pretty good too, in my experience. And that's technically an anti-motion-sickness drug, so it would even help with nausea from turbulence and whatnot on the ride if you managed to get that.

Also, I don't know if people would really be suspicious of you getting sick on a plane. It's fairly common.

Yeah, naming drugs here isn't an issue. Zofran or any other anti-nausea medicine will probably work fine for you.

Metoclopramide Hydrochloride, not sure if one can get this easily or not but a shot of that drug stops vomiting in it's tracks and should even out your stomach/nausea too but I realise my post may be useless if you can't get it. If you asked your Dr for it after explaining how you get sick on planes you just might get lucky, tell them your sister used it during her chemotherapy - assuming the Dr knows nothing about you and your family. Lol, this might all be a bit over the top for your needs, lying sucks and destroys the soul imo......

Is the nausea itself really bothersome, or is it not wanting to puke in front of people? Cause I would agree it's pretty common to get sick on an airplane and wouldn't arouse any suspicion. And opiate related nausea has never really bothered me. Oddly it generally leads to a pretty good feeling afterwards, so I almost welcome it, kind of like on x

Luckily I haven't seen anyone getting nauseous on civilian airplane but I definately wouldn't want someone to throw up while sitting next to me and I am glad OP is feeling empathy towards other passengers and trying to prevent throwing up.

Zofran is good for the issue at hand. We had it in our medbag while in army and it was stated to be used especially during flight transfers if need arises.

Yea, when I was in the ER suffering from severe W/D symptoms, they gave me a Zofran pill (gave me some to take home too, yea!) and they put a Clonidine patch on me (got a dozen or so of those too and they're supposed to last a week, yea!). I'd suggest trying to load up with as many "tools" as you can before the flight. Also, why not have a Dramamine on hand as well. I think they make you drowsy too which may help the time go by faster as well.

Did you mention how long the flight was? If it's over 6 hours, you're going to have some trouble with needing to redose, IMO. If it's more in the 4 hour range, you should be fine. Personally, I like pushing the limits of doing meds in unusual places. I wouldn't hesitate going in the bathroom with my backpack and do some lines of my Opana. If you shoot up and can do it in a decent amount of time, without freaking out (obviously very important - it helps to have a cool demeanor), I'd say go for it. I mean, it's not noisy or anything. I know if I were to snort on a plane, I'd have to time it with a flush (maybe running the faucet too!) or everyone would be able to hear me.

I would suggest Promethazine to take with your opiate as it's great for opiate induced nausea and also motion sickness. Dimenhydrinate works well for this too.

Idk if OP was saying he was doing it for Withdrawal reason ... I think he's doing it for fun I don't think he's physically dependent on opiates I might be wrong. Are you an addict or just doing this recreationally?

Ergh, sadly I've shot up on a domestic flight, and I was carrying a large amount of meth too (dealer), it was stupid and risky but that's how I lived when I was a late teen to early 20's - felt invincible until I wasn't and my property got raided by a task force. I got swept up in the early days of what they called "operation noah" - folks could call up anonymously to narc people in. What happened is dealers were dobbing in their competition and users who hated their dealers had a field day. But like I have always maintained, cops are not here to help you - their line of questioning soon revealed to me who narced me in, way to keep your informants safe dickheads. They don't mind risking peoples lives for their own ends, never trust em....sry for the digression folks.