• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naturapathic Doctors and Drug Use

Winzip52

Bluelighter
I am seeing a N.D. for the first time tomorrow for a new patient exam. I don't know whether I should reveal my recreational drug use (opioids, Adderall) or not?

if you don't want them to write you scripts for anything by all means - that is what is best for your health.

if you are trying to get an rx to opiates, benzos, or amphetamines don't say a damn word unless its about what you have already been prescribed and have records for!

i dont think an N.D. can or will write a script for any type of narcotic. and btw finding a n.d. that is not a quack.. thats a hard challenge in itself

If you're seeing a "doctor" and you see the word "natural" anywhere in their credentials or otherwise don't expect anything but a smile, and some bullshit. Some mite offer a hand job from a cute nurse but that's only a short fix.

YOU NEVER under any circumstances nor under any act of God mention drug use to ANY form of doctor. they will red flag you.

Soooo. that means I'm fucked for being on suboxone?? i'm redflagged if anything ever happens to me? Always wondered that...

Soooo. that means I'm fucked for being on suboxone?? i'm redflagged if anything ever happens to me? Always wondered that...
you on it for chronic pain or for addiction? if its the latter i highly doubt anything but cancer will get ya a script nowadays. just my .02

I've known heroin addicts ("confessed" ones who had been given treatments of bupe and naltrexone) who were prescribed scheduled drugs like Adderall and Klonopin. I think it's mostly a case-by-case thing, although being a known drug abuser won't exactly ingratiate you to whoever is going to write you a prescription. But I think for the most part the primary hesitation is prescribing opiate drugs to people who've had a problematic habit with them in the past (obviously)

If you're seeing a "doctor" and you see the word "natural" anywhere in their credentials or otherwise don't expect anything but a smile, and some bullshit. Some mite offer a hand job from a cute nurse but that's only a short fix.

QFT. What they really offer as opposed to a real MD is time and an ear. If you want to describe your problems while someone who looks interested and asks follow up questions for a half hour to an hour and then have them hand you some expensive (for you, not them, unless they are a true believer themselves) placebos. . ..then it might do you some good. Some people thrive with a little extra BS woo in their lives.
As opposed to 10min with a nurse and 1-2 min with a MD before maybe getting actual treatment or having a bunch of (mostly ass-covering) tests ordered.