• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Natural cholesterol medicine

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
My aunt is having trouble getting medicine for cholesterol that doesn?t cause her to her stomach issues. She said she?s lot count of how many she and her doctors have tried. Since she is technologically challenged ( she was born in 1952 and liked so much that she basically decided to stay), I told her I would research homeopathic options for her. Any ideas on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

Homeopathy isn't "natural medicine". Homeopathy isn't medicine, period.

As for natural cholesterol medicine... first of all, there is zero reason to believe that anything "natural" is any less likely to cause side effects. Many "natural" cures only lack side-effects because they lack actual efficacy, working by placebo alone.
If there were effective "natural" remedies for cholesterol, chances are your mom's doctors would have tried them already. After all, "natural medicine that has been proven to work" is simply referred to as "medicine". Paclitaxel, a compound isolated from yew trees, has been shown to be highly effective for various forms of cancer. The healers who have used it to treat countless cancer patients are still called "oncologists", and the ritual for administering it is still called "chemotherapy".

IMO it might be better to look into adding on a different drug to fight the stomach issues, or to try and reduce the necessary dose through diet and lifestyle changes.

Last edited:
Look into plant stanol esters as those have been approved in EU for reducing cholesterol levels and they are put into foods which doesn't upset stomach.

Has she tried

1. Drinking a fully glass of water with medication?
2. Sipping Carbonated water.
3. Chewing gum
4. Carrying water with you always
5. Talking to doctor about antinausea medication since it sounds like her cholesterol med is essential to her health.
Examples that might help include (id talk to doctor idk to much about specifically if theyd work here)
A. General anticholinergics like bentyl
B. Non selective antihistamines and anticholinergics like diphenhydramine
C. General antihistamines sedating
D. Ondansetron
E. Nonsedative general antihistamines
F. Non H1 acid reducing antihistamines
G. Low dose D2 antagonists l
6. Taking it with a meal.
7. Personally i like rocking back and forth because i need to take my beds and it helps sooth my stomach
8. Listening to familar music. When im nausous i put on lana del ray and rock till its gone.

Thanks MrRoot! While I understand that natural supplements can have the same side effects, I am hoping that looking into this path might help find other options which might work better with Jane’s unique chemistry. For example, for me personally kratom has much milder side effects than Percocet even though they fit in the same boxes. For example, with kratom 2 pedia-lax pills fixes what takes a whole bottle of magnesium citrate to fix on Percocet.