• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nasty smell\taste after amphetamine binge

PMS

Bluelighter
Well, long story short I got hold of about two grams of EDIT: what I was told to be high quality "speed", (really pure amphetamine sulphate) , and with no previous experience or someone to stop me, i binged trough two grams over two days. I got so high and fried I've never been, and the hallucinations I got was enough to put me off amps for good.

At the end of my binge, I noticed a horrible smell in my nose, like gasoline\exhaust fumes, along with a sweet\sicklish taste in my mouth. Now it's been 10 days, but it still has not gone away. I guess it's either the byproducts of the drug still in my body, or have I permanently fried my brain?

getting a bit worried.

-PMS

Last edited:
The chemicals are seeping out of your pores. I noticed my ex smelled weird like chemicals and dirty socks, then realized she was doing meth a while later. Yes it is as gross as you think it is. Hope you figure things out.

If it's been 10 days I would strongly suggest there was an unusual (altho hopefully not psychoactive) cut to your amphetamines. A bitter taste is what amphetamine users look for and a sweet taste usually indicates a glucose cut (common) but neither of these would affect your sense of taste after 10 days.

Well, to be honest it didn't look like, or function like the "speed" I did on my 2-3 earlier occasions.

The product looked much like half-melted snow, almost like white MDAI- crystally but very fluffy. Semi-translucent and almost "wet" looking. Almost no smell apart from a faint, sharp tinge. It dissolved easily in water without any visible insolublities.

Also, I had no jaw tension or sleeping difficulties at all, and no shakes\tremors as side effects- something I've gotten heavily from just small amounts of "speed" on previous occasions.

It was strong as shit, I don't remember much at all from the binge apart from falling asleep sitting upright after a heavy dose. I just "zoned out" and 4-5 hours was gone.

Then, when I woke up, I believed that my friends were hearing my thoughts and talking to me telepathically. I heard several deep motivational speeches from people I've never met, saying things I still can't imagine myself think. There was an invisible man visiting, that I heard puking in the toilet. I could also look at a flat surface (pc screen for instance) and look a long, long way "into" it, like it had enormous depth. If I stared at something, my entire field of vision would go in negatives, dissappear and then come back again. I saw indian-like little people dancing around in my carpet, and every sound was distorted to a major degree- I believed I had a conversation with a friend, hearing his voice in the water stream while doing dishes.

I also communicated with various entities, including some kind of person which was completely "flat"- i.e without any plans, drive or motivation at all- just perfectly content. He\it spoke with the most absurd voice and recommended me to drink "tea".

The trip was really introspective and fascinating, but not something I'd be willing to do again. After all, I'm more of an introverted recluse than someone wanting to be in the middle of society.

Paranoia then came, since the "invisible people" had told me I had been breaking the rules for telepathic communication, and that they were going to drive to my house, and then beat me up and rape me. Could not go outside for two days afterwards.

Could it have been methamphetamine?

Really, it doesn't really matter much to me now, I'm just a bit pissed off by myself for binging and not getting any positive experience out of it. It was expensive as heck too.

I think you spent two days binging on something (I'm not sure)
that you even knew what it was...and it turned out that it sucked and cost you lots
of money.

And I think I'd be pissed too.

token

I used to get this ever-present, recurring smell during my meth binges. It would seem to originate from my sinus cavities and sometimes I would taste it on my breath. It mixed in the most horrible ways with the other smells around me, especially when I was working in the kitchen smelling foods cook that I definitely didn't want to eat at the time.

It seemed to get its worst when I was smoking, especially Cannabis. And I smoked a lot of Cannabis. This led me to believe that it was actually the lingering odour from the smoke trapped in my airways, and due to the fact that I've been high and awake for over four days, I assumed I was just perceiving the odour in a distorted manner.

I also came up with an alternate theory, which was that it was due to a sinus infection. I would experience constant post-nasal drip and the feeling of my sinuses emptying themselves down my throat.

The thing about trying to figure these things out is that you can't quite think rationally or trust your senses one hundred percent.

Two things not mentioned already can cause a nasty or weird taste/smell: dehydration, and bad oral hygeine. Drink a 16oz glass
of water, floss your teeth, thoroughly brush your teeth and tongue. Your tongue should be pink, not brownish, whitish, or coated in a wierd plaque-like film.

I know this thread is old and fuck but I also was experiencing this and determined it was dehydration.

But seriously dude the post where they are describing the out there experiences or dreams and meeting other entities is fucking nuts because whenever I get really good speed and smoke pot I basically trip so hard it’s like I just took a hit of dmt on acid. It’s insane.

Your stimulant-effects are indeed weird.

Seems like a massive overdose with hallucinations (overdosing speed, i.e overshooting the intended dosage and effects, always results in me feeling slitghly tired rather than speedy), or your speed has been cut with god-knows-what. My friend bought coke, got caught by cops later that night, and pissed positive on fent and speed.

But the smell, oh that smell (listen to Lynyrd Skynyrds "That Smell", sums if up good).
I do believe it's just the speed seeping out of your pores, but damn that smell of a chemical-storage, of burnt gasoline, something rancid - it's horrific.

And if you can smell it yourself, you'd better believe it reeks to others around you.

Welcome to the world of amphetamines.

I know this thread is old and fuck but I also was experiencing this and determined it was dehydration.

But seriously dude the post where they are describing the out there experiences or dreams and meeting other entities is fucking nuts because whenever I get really good speed and smoke pot I basically trip so hard it’s like I just took a hit of dmt on acid. It’s insane.
I don’t consume cannabis in any form because it does that to me and the adderall I am prescribed for adhd made the cannabis-related hallucinations worse.

Also, in the years since I made that comment, I have had a sibling diagnosed with schizophrenia after using and abusing adderall, dxm, and many forms of lab-created cannabinoids.

Take care of your self.

Please.

Not everyone has reactions like this, but in my experience, your body is telling you something and you should pay attention to it. I listened to my body and my sibling didn’t listen to theirs.