• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Nasal Lyrica? (pregabalin)

pillpillpal

Greenlighter
Do anyone tried snorting lyrica? Can you get high from that or is it pointless? There's no data in psychonaut wiki or tripsit but I know some people do it. Is it worth it over oral?

I believe you can with lyrica but its bio availability is not good and I have done it a long time ago might burn not a good idea , and gaba has to be metabolize so there no point better off swallowing.... good luck ...

Do anyone tried snorting lyrica? Can you get high from that or is it pointless? There's no data in psychonaut wiki or tripsit but I know some people do it. Is it worth it over oral?

I've seen it stated quite authoritatively that pregabalin requires first-pass metabolism, or otherwise requires absorption in the stomach/GI tract, to be effective. But anecdotally, people appear to get some effects from intranasal pregabalin, including perhaps quicker onset -- whether this is placebo, and it is just running down the back of the throat into the stomach for oral absorption, I don't know. In any case, there is a lot of powder to snort and it's not supposed to be too pleasant. I've never been tempted, personally; take it on an empty stomach, even emptied-out of the capsules, and the onset is fast enough.

Yes it is pretty much pointless. I have tried it several years ago when I first got my presription. I didnt even observe a faster onset of action.

You have a drug here with great bioavailability PO. Peak plasma concentrations are achieved in ~1 hour. In general I think there isn't an immediate need to use a different ROA as this one is effective.

Yes it is pretty much pointless. I have tried it several years ago when I first got my presription. I didnt even observe a faster onset of action.

You have a drug here with great bioavailability PO. Peak plasma concentrations are achieved in ~1 hour. In general I think there isn't an immediate need to use a different ROA as this one is effective.
Thanks! I snorted Lyrica a couple of times and I'm pretty sure I was high, but less than I would be with the same oral ammount. I was just curious, I'll stick to eat my lyrica then

Does lyrica porentiare gabapentin and they do work snorted best swallowed on empty stomach else they take three hours to peak

Does lyrica porentiare gabapentin and they do work snorted best swallowed on empty stomach else they take three hours to peak

Both work best orally. They're sufficiently bioavailable PO that theres no point in snorting them. Gabapentin does slightly potentate lyrica, but is easily overwhelmed by the lyrica.

Pointless to snort pregabalin and it's bioavailability isnt low at all with 90+% being absorbed and besides pregabalin needs a little time to suppress substances like glutamate for example.
Alright pregabalin is water soluble so in theory it can be snorted, but why also pregabalin doesnt need first pass metabolism it also does not have the absorption problem from gabapentin it gets removed by the kidneys in unchanged form so this shows shows there is no additional metabolism to get it to work so swallow your capsules.
On an empty stomach it might feel like it takes 3 hours to reach it's peak level, but the peak on an empty stomach is closer to an hour maybe an hour and a half, because of the time issue i mentioned further i never snorted it myself it seems to burn like hell though.
I guess the onset is slightly faster when snorted like maybe 15 minutes so i nicely drop my lyrica 600mg morning and 300mg at night this works very well, however i need to admit that since some time i basically takes the pregabalin to prevent the withdrawals from it so its time i actually lower my dose instead of bla bla.
Best regards.