• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Narcan self administration to straighten out briefly and why heavy users may need more than 1 vial after OD

Highonlife1

Greenlighter
So I wanted to straighten out, dilate my pupils and look normal for a short time after some H which I've been on a few days.
I had a 20 year old well cared for 400ug vial of Narcan which I wondered if was still viable and now it's OTC in NSW Australia and I have lots thought I'd slowly injected it, hopefully without giving myself a Cardiac arrest.
I wound up with my timer running(H really affects my time judgment) and needle slowly injecting in my arm about 5 minutes using 4/5 of the vial and became very hungry, ate some food and did a some things I needed to do before the H came back on in about an hour.
All quite controlled and ideally one just stays straight when one needs to but based on my trip experience interruptions can be created.

Can definitely understand why a heavy user with big OD might require more than one vial, probably the most useful information to take from my experience

If you were addicted, you would have experienced precipitated withdrawal which is incredibly awful.

I got injected with narcan recently when my girl found me unresponsive after overdoing GHB and called 911, it didn't do anything as far as I can tell, which I was not on opiates nor addicted to them.

If you were addicted, you would have experienced precipitated withdrawal which is incredibly awful.

I got injected with narcan recently when my girl found me unresponsive after overdoing GHB and called 911, it didn't do anything as far as I can tell, which I was not on opiates nor addicted to them.
Guess I will never understand why I went through a hour of hell after accidentally snorting a fraction of a 150/4mg tilidin/naloxone pill when I was mostly opioid naive, for sure no tolerance and no other opioid in my System.
Only other drug was memantine which isn't am opioid either but greatly helps with withdrawal. The relevant receptors, nmda and mu, have a direct connection but anyways as nmda antagonist + opioid lowers the precipitated w/d induced by naloxone in rats instead of worden.

This experience was strong enough to keep me the hell away of these chems, even as LDN of ULN but the latter probably comes on my list again, will just titrate from maybe 125 ug..

Heavy stuff that you can use naloxone more or less controlled while on heroin, would have thought at some point a precipitation would be inevitable.