• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Naproxen/ Synergistic properties.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hey, I was just wondering if the NSAID Naproxen has any synergistic properties when taken with Opiates/ Opioids?

Also in what doses? They come in 250mg tablets which I would normally take 1 of with the PPI Lanzoprazole to help with stomach acidity.

I'm aware of it's use as a WD aid in it's relaxing of inflamed joints, etc.

Cheers.

(P.S. I don't plan on attempting to get 'high' off Naproxen, I know that's not possible.)

Yes NSAIDs and Acetaminophen/Paracetamol synergize with opioids. Their mechanism of actionn is completely different but provides additional analgesia than the opioid alone and is precisely why they are added to drugs like Percocet (oxycodone and APAP) or Vicoprofen (hydrocodone and ibuprofen). You may not need to raise the dose of the opioid as quickly as you would without the NSAID, helping to curb tolerance.

For Naproxen, doses run from 250 to 500mg twice a day, with a max of 1500mg daily for short term use in patients with more severe inflammatory conditions.

Yes NSAIDs and Acetaminophen/Paracetamol synergize with opioids. Their mechanism of actionn is completely different but provides additional analgesia than the opioid alone and is precisely why they are added to drugs like Percocet (oxycodone and APAP) or Vicoprofen (hydrocodone and ibuprofen). You may not need to raise the dose of the opioid as quickly as you would without the NSAID, helping to curb tolerance.

For Naproxen, doses run from 250 to 500mg twice a day, with a max of 1500mg daily for short term use in patients with more severe inflammatory conditions.

Thanks, that's quite the concise answer I was looking for. I will probably try 500mg next time I dose my Dihydrocodeine/ Codeine Phosphate.

Yeah it adds to the pain killing effects but it doesn't add to the euphoria... this type of question has been asked a billion times im sure you csan find more info

oh god, just read the p.s... oh well