Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Name the best television shows you have seen last twenty years

Most have already been mentioned but in terms of the current shit HBO's Watchmen is blowing my tiny mind at the moment...

The Office is a good show to leave on in the background while you do other things

Trailer Park Boys was another of my favorites for that category

I like Office Space. 90's movies like OS and Fight Club were all about how you could have things like gainful employment, a bougie life in certain ways, and still be dissatisfied and unhappy. The themes like a lack of meaningful purpose in life, a generalized ennui etc. are actually highly relatable in the modern era IMO

I like Office Space. 90's movies like OS and Fight Club were all about how you could have things like gainful employment, a bougie life in certain ways, and still be dissatisfied and unhappy. The themes like a lack of meaningful purpose in life, a generalized ennui etc. are actually highly relatable in the modern era IMO
I get that, but at least if you had such security, you could spend your spare time pursuing things you truly enjoy in order to give you that fulfillment in life. When you have nothing then you simply have nothing. No meaning, no money, no joy.

It was just a bunch of cunts sucking each other off and ratting on each other.

Nah, it had some pretty good storylines and was surprisingly brutal for it's time. The director based it on his actual time in prison so it's not unrealistic (he did say that the violence was condensed, though and that the OTT graphic violence wasn't as frequent as it was in Oz).

Nah, it had some pretty good storylines and was surprisingly brutal for it's time. The director based it on his actual time in prison so it's not unrealistic (he did say that the violence was condensed, though and that the OTT graphic violence wasn't as frequent as it was in Oz).
He must have been in the gayest prison ever

You're the worst is fucking hilarious.

I enjoyed that a lot more before the whole storyline of Gretchen having depression. The show went from comedy to dramady and I like to watch comedies for the feel-good factor, not to be reminded of my own depression.
Still enjoyed it, though.

I get that, but at least if you had such security, you could spend your spare time pursuing things you truly enjoy in order to give you that fulfillment in life. When you have nothing then you simply have nothing. No meaning, no money, no joy.

That's true. It's definitely true that a lot of people today are part of the "precariat".

I was lucky to basically be born into my career. I'm thankful every day for that, the fact that I participate in this industry that my father, grandfather etc also worked in. It's one of those jobs that needs no explanation, either...it can be summed up in one word, and people will instantly have a basic idea of what you do, or at least have some very inaccurate mental image anyway lol. Really I have no direct experience with the kind of workplace portrayed in a film like Office Space, but that environment has always seemed...very unpleasant and alienating. LOL. Maybe that's a big reason I like the film, my own personal aversion to that kind of workplace, or the idea of sinking such a large portion of your limited time on earth in a job you despise, seems like something worthy of rebelling against & subverting. At one time in this country the 5 hour workday was a demand of the worker's movement, so that even if you were in the unfortunate position of being in a job you despised, you could also have ample time to spend with your family, and pursue your own interests while having the benefit of a stable career. Now people seem to want as much time as they can get, especially if they fall into some kind of "subcontractor" category of the precariously employed, people who don't have benefits etc.

It's a shame. Then again other people place value on things that are different from the things I put value on, and I've wasted plenty of time too...people face the reality of working in unfulfilling and lame jobs because that's what their circumstances demand, I get that...guess I'm just happy to have a job that, although it's fairly physically demanding and I'll never become wealthy doing it, I have pride in what I do and it connects me to a rich cultural history & identity that I wouldn't have otherwise

I don’t really watch tv.
Haven’t for 20 years.

But I did fall into The Walking Dead series for the first 5 seasons or so. Then it got lame.

Love me a good apocalypse

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Sopranos
Sons of Anarchy
Madalorian
The Peaky Blinders
Louie
The Witcher
South land
The punisher
Walking Dead
The Office
That 70’s Show
Shameless
South Park
American Horror Story
Vikings
Altered Carbon
Limitless
Lucky
Dexter
Top Boy
Ozark
Bates Motel
Gotham
Orange is the New Black
Blood Money
Wilfred
Narcos
El Chapo
Super Dragon Ball Z
Tokyo Ghoul
Parasite
One Punch Man
Boardwalk Empire
Power
Hell on Wheels
Family Guy
King of the Hill
Tosh.0
Workaholics
Blue Mountain State
Higher Maintenance
Atlanta
Mars
Entourage
Barry

Last edited:

I feel the need to mention this one, as it might get lumped in with the other DCU live action shows; while it shares the universe with them (most of the time) it most certainly does not share their tone or scope.

"Fabulousity incarnate stands before you, Darren. Show some goddamned respect."