4-Narcos Mexico

5-50 cent's Power

6-The Wire

7-Law and order (original series)

8-Law and order (United kingdom Series)

9-Bad Blood

10-Mr Inbetween

11-Underbelly (The gangland war's)

12-Underbelly 2 (The Tale of two cities)

13-Underbelly 3 (The golden mile)ty

14- Underbelly files (The man who got away)

15-Killing Time ( Rise and fall of criminal defence lawyer Andrew Fraser,)

I hate to name two stereotypical choices, but definitely "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire"

I remember not seeing "Breaking Bad" for a long time after it was initially released, reading the reviews and thinking, "pfft, no show could be THAT good, the critics are practically cumming their pants over this show". But it deserved every bit of praise it received. There's a certain "culture" and aesthetic in the criminal world in the American West and the show captured it better than any other show I've seen.

"The Wire" was similarly successful in capturing a subculture, albeit different (urban east instead of suburban west). The whole show was a great critique of institutional power, corruption, the criminal justice system, etc, and the character's personalities were so finely etched and nuanced and complex...I love how the show has a very clear-eyed, non-idealistic view on politicians and the people in bureaucratic power structures (i.e., that many are self-serving pieces of shit who behave in corrupt ways and cynically use their power/influence), but draws humanistic and ultimately (IMO) hopeful conclusions about this situation. I'll always admire David Simon for getting Obama to admit the drug war failed. For a president to say that on television would've been unthinkable in previous eras.

Battlestar Galactica (new one)
Caprica
6ft under, at least the first 2 seasons
X-files
Generation Kill
The Leftovers
True Detective (yes, even Season 2!)
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Chernobyl
Rome
The Office (UK version)
Chapelle's Show
Fargo
TNG

In no particular order (not "the best" in a critically acclaimed sense, just the shows I enjoyed the most)

Family Guy
Nurse Jackie
Game of Thrones
Oz
Nip/Tuck
House
American Horror Story
American Dad
The Catherine Tate Show
Friends
Not Going Out
Desperate Housewives
Shameless (UK)
Shameless (US)
Stranger Things
Footballers Wives
Bad Girls
Skam
Dexter
Six Feet Under
Sons of Anarchy
The United States of Tara
Scream Queens
Silicon Valley
Mr Robot
Inside Amy Schumer (oh fuck off! Actually,no...I am deeply apologetic and ashamed)
Getting On (UK or US)
Orange is the New Black
Benidorm (early seasons)
Community
South Park
The Knick
Pushing Daisies
Louie
Dead Like Me
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Scrubs

Just got around to updating my top 50 list :) I've seen quite a bit more, but these are the best ones out of it.

Yes I've wasted a lot of time watching TV, especially 2014-2017, I could watch several hours a day, a serious addiction. Don't spend as much time watching nowadays anymore but there's some stuff I follow still or am excited for.

It's hard to rank this sort of stuff, but I mostly rank on how much I enjoyed it and how many seasons were of excellent quality (1-season series tend to get rated a little lower, or series with 1 great season and mediocre others also get rated lower). I can recommend basically anything in this list =D

Take the ranking with a grain of salt, I like nr 5 better than nr 30 but there's not much of a difference between 13 and 16 for example.

Last edited:
Rescue Me with Denis Leary
Justified with Timothy Olyphant

Too many to think of...

Oh yeah, Billions!!! Brilliant.

Last edited:
Mad men is easily #1 for me

Breaking bad
True detective season 1
Rectify

Yessss, True Detective season 1 is the best season. I kept fantasizing about Matthew McConaughey's character sitting that Lone Star beer on my ass while I'm on all fours and having his way with me. He's such an intellectual and a loner. I related to him a lot.

A56D13DF-6B27-4594-96F8-270DECD79341.gif

Last edited:
Battlestar Galactica (new one)
Caprica
6ft under, at least the first 2 seasons
X-files
Generation Kill
The Leftovers
True Detective (yes, even Season 2!)
Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Chernobyl
Rome
The Office (UK version)
Chapelle's Show
Fargo
TNG

The Pacific and Rome are probably the two most underrated shows HBO has ever done.

The Pacific and Rome are probably the two most underrated shows HBO has ever done.

They are really good. A lot of the performances are really good. Rami Malek/Snafu and Sledge/Mazzello. Rome with Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson. Polly Walker and Ciarán Hinds.

The Expanse gets an honorable mention.

Lol I"m watching this now, season 3 about to wrap up and start the last season. It's.... definitely something. Low on my list of favorite sci-fi series but that's because Star Trek (TNG-Voyager era) and Babylon 5 really outshine most tv series in general.
John Crichton is my boy!

I hate to name two stereotypical choices, but definitely "Breaking Bad" and "The Wire"

I remember not seeing "Breaking Bad" for a long time after it was initially released, reading the reviews and thinking, "pfft, no show could be THAT good, the critics are practically cumming their pants over this show". But it deserved every bit of praise it received. There's a certain "culture" and aesthetic in the criminal world in the American West and the show captured it better than any other show I've seen.

"The Wire" was similarly successful in capturing a subculture, albeit different (urban east instead of suburban west). The whole show was a great critique of institutional power, corruption, the criminal justice system, etc, and the character's personalities were so finely etched and nuanced and complex...I love how the show has a very clear-eyed, non-idealistic view on politicians and the people in bureaucratic power structures (i.e., that many are self-serving pieces of shit who behave in corrupt ways and cynically use their power/influence), but draws humanistic and ultimately (IMO) hopeful conclusions about this situation. I'll always admire David Simon for getting Obama to admit the drug war failed. For a president to say that on television would've been unthinkable in previous eras.

So Obama admitted the war on drugs failed.EXCELLENT. trump said that u.s. spy agencies are no better than the Nazis.EXCELLENT.
presidents are starting to say things how they are rather than carry on the bullshit pretence that what the government does is in ppls best interest.

Sopranos,the sheild,csi,csi ny,csi Miami,south park,family guy, American dad, silicon valley,Mr robot,homeland.

F is for family and BoJack horseman are the funniest new cartoons.
Check them out if u haven't seen them.

Better call Saul is awesome.
Csi is forgotten about but it's one of the best shows ever.
Been watching the last man on earth.
It's excellent once u get past how cringe inducing the lead guy is.