• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Naltrexone - Taking it to shorten withdrawals at home.

tweakette

Bluelighter
Yes, you read right but before all the people Poo Poo on it. I have done it twice before in a medical setting.

No, not rapid or ultra rapid detox. It was accelerated detox. It was in an outpatient setting.

You go in the morning, they give you pills, you have a family member give them to you. They sedate you with pills, and inject you with low doses of naltrexone then send you home. I still have a lot of the pills leftover.

I don’t have time to sit around sick for 10 days. That’s why I relapsed in the first place. I was at 105 days clean and still sick as shit, hardly functioning. I messed up and used for 16 days, and now I realize I don’t wanna throw away all my suffering and hard work.

Problem is when I went in every day I was injected with .1 then .15 then .2 of naltrexone. I now have xanax, along with all the other meds they gave me, but I only have the 50mg naltrexone pills. I was planning on breaking off 1/100th of the pill, but that’s still .5. Maybe putting it into water and drinking 1/5 of the concoction? So yeah, I guess I just answered my own question.

I’m just curious if anyone else has done this. I’m just a little worried having the pill and not the injection.

To all the naysayers, yes it is possible. No, you don’t have to be put under anesthesia. Just for anyone that might think about doing it. It’s literally the only way I can get clean. The anxiety and mental gets to me, so having my detox done in 3-4 days while out of it works better than 10 Days plus of dwelling on it. No thanks.

And yes, I did have to go to hospital for fluids, 2 IV bags... but when I did cold turkey with no naltrexone I ended up in the hospital for 5 days with kidney failure. So I actually did physically better when I shortened it with naltrexone. Puking and shitting for 3 days was not so detrimental as puking and shitting for 7.

i have already prepped my mom (who is overseeing me) for the possibility of having to go to the hospital (but I doubt it). I am expecting the worse.

I sympathize with you and understand how hard it is to escape opiate dependence. Personally, I don't think I could put myself what you are doing right now lol!

I find opiate addiction to be somewhat comparable to weight-loss in a way. Sometimes when you're desperately trying to slim down it seems literally impossible and it's very frustrating. Then... you forget about the situation and suddenly you slim down :unsure: It's great that your mom is understanding of the situation because many mothers would flush so-and-so drugs down the toilet :( The last thing an addict needs is for someone to repeatedly terminate their precious drugs. Anyone can quit opiates when they are truly ready. Just don't rush the process and be patient with yourself as relapses can be inevitable in the grand scheme of things. Try not to over-focus on sobriety. In turn I think rushing the detox process can make one's cravings go through the roof. Should you relapse, never forget to use caution because there's no telling where your tolerance will be. Good luck :)

I think that addicts tend to beat themselves up over relapses and such. With the ahedonia and depression accompanied by cessation who can really be blamed for relapsing? Personally, I found that adjusting to life without the buzz day after day was the hardest part and I assume I'll always be craving it until the sun crashes into the earth. However, every second not on opiates is incredibly valuable. It helps ease the transition into sobriety and you begin to see how an opiate-free life is possible. Plus, living life in only one way everyday is very limiting and depressing. There's no telling where the sobriety will lead and the little victories add up over time. Although, short-term there seems very little reward in all the effort one puts into overcoming dependence. That's why I think that a Buddha level patience can help lol.

Last edited:
I sympathize with you and understand how hard it is to escape opiate dependence. Personally, I don't think I could put myself what you are doing right now lol!

I find opiate addiction to be somewhat comparable to weight-loss in a way. Sometimes when you're desperately trying to slim down it seems literally impossible and it's very frustrating. Then... you forget about the situation and suddenly you slim down :unsure: It's great that your mom is understanding of the situation because many mothers would flush so-and-so drugs down the toilet :( The last thing an addict needs is for someone to repeatedly terminate their precious drugs. Anyone can quit opiates when they are truly ready. Just don't rush the process and be patient with yourself as relapses can be inevitable in the grand scheme of things. Try not to over-focus on sobriety. In turn I think rushing the detox process can make one's cravings go through the roof. Should you relapse, never forget to use caution because there's no telling where your tolerance will be. Good luck :)

I think that addicts tend to beat themselves up over relapses and such. With the ahedonia and depression accompanied by cessation who can really be blamed for relapsing? Personally, I found that adjusting to life without the buzz day after day was the hardest part and I assume I'll always be craving it until the sun crashes into the earth. However, every second not on opiates is incredibly valuable. It helps ease the transition into sobriety and you begin to see how an opiate-free life is possible. Plus, living life in only one way everyday is very limiting and depressing. There's no telling where the sobriety will lead and the little victories add up over time. Although, short-term there seems very little reward in all the effort one puts into overcoming dependence. That's why I think that a Buddha level patience can help lol.
thank. But there is only all or nothing for me. I have the worst withdrawals. But I took the naltrexone, passed out and then woke up with burning skin, which I always have, and feeling fine. I’m kind of worried, how DO I FEEL THIS GOOD?? I’m at day 3 and I just woke up and took more naltrexone. Wtf?!?

I did it guys. Last use was Thursday at noon, it’s now Saturday at 1. I literally slept Friday away with the sedation.
I feel considerably great! Just a little weak from the medications.
Every time I would come to I would pop some more naltrexone. I’m going to pop a big piece now and see what happens.
I’m actually worried about good I feel now.... like have the withdrawals started yet?? Did I take too small of a piece??

thank. But there is only all or nothing for me. I have the worst withdrawals. But I took the naltrexone, passed out and then woke up with burning skin, which I always have, and feeling fine. I’m kind of worried, how DO I FEEL THIS GOOD?? I’m at day 3 and I just woke up and took more naltrexone. Wtf?!?

Personally, I prefer my starbucks with percocet and heroin. I mean... well I prefer everything with percocet. Except surprise drug tests lol. That is the only time I dislike being on opiates as it is a very unpleasant surprise. And it did happen to me once :D

Anyway... you've got a long road ahead of you. It's easy to feel great off opiates here and there but some days you crave it like nothing else. Imo overcoming opiate addiction is anything but a consistent smooth journey. It's got bumps all over the damn place lol. You think you've overcome a giant life hurdle until one day you suddenly have dope again in your drawer and it seems as though you've simply blinked. It finds a way back to you. You're going to have to keep trying and trying until you truly make it out! And I think that opiate addiction only becomes impossible to escape once the user has completely stopped trying and just gives into daily heroin use all over again.

Just wanted to say that there are multiple options to escaping opiate dependency--just in case anyone feels trapped or forced to do things in a specific way. There is more than one way to do it and sometimes all you need is several attempts. If you're hitting the same wall over and over and can't stop relapsing--don't for a second think that that's abnormal. It's a major life change and no one did it overnight.

the 889th time is the charm lol. There is a lot of benefits that come with opiate use.. so you're going to miss some things for obvious reasons. If opiates were 100% misery we would just walk away and not think about it. Not ever going through withdrawal again in your lifetime is a good enough reason to stay motivated to quit. If you're a man you definitely notice better performance if you know what I mean ;)