• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Naltrexone question

semiazas

Bluelighter
I've been taking for almost two week at 50mg, though I missed a couple doses on accident between that. I haven't taken it for 2 days now. How long should I wait before I try to get high?

I'm sorry I always post in the wrong forum, it's not intentional, but If I did it can the mods please move it rather than close it? Thanks

Guess nobody has any insight :/

Hell bro this is a new one on me . Didn't know you can get high on a opioid antagonist . That would throw me straight into WD.

Edit: Never mind . Well the half life is 4 Hours so in theory you should be able to get high in 8 hours . But someone may want to correct me on this .You also need to know everyones body is different so maybe just wait a day 24 Hours ,and see if you can get high on your opiate of choice . Oh shit

Edit: Again you have not been on it for 2 days now . You should be able to catch a buzz now with your opiate of choice . From what I have read is that naltrexone causes down regulation on the MU receptor . So you should be able to catch a nice buzz . Remember to start low on your opiate of choice though . Don't go back into it at the dose you once took to get high . You know HR !

^^ Completely agree with the above second edit. Just wanted to restate don't take/shoot your usual amt, your tolerance has definitely gone down, possibly quite a bit.

Be careful if/when you return to taking tablets of naltrexone, precip w/ds... Not fun.

Tablets are usually used for alcohol control, not opioid. May I ask were you prescribed this for opioid, alcohol or both?

Don't get the fucking depot injection of that shit, read this forum's recent posts about that nightmare. It's total shit, imo. Esp., for opioid dependency - depression, anxiety and essentially the rest of PAWS indefinitely for some people. That's why they stopped using implants, too many people cut them out of their body... That says a lot about many aspects of opioid dependency, cravings, and the fuck tard "rehab" industry in the US.

Best wishes.